windshield crack

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 11:39 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
I decided I am going to go where the Santa Cruz Dealership recommended me, its $326 installed for aftermarket glass with a leak free garauntee, and they can do it today (it might rain tonight so I don't want to wait).

http://www.google.com/maps?num=50&hl...i=lmd&z=14&t=m

I love excuses for going down to Santa Cruz.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
Originally Posted by mcdrama
I decided I am going to go where the Santa Cruz Dealership recommended me, its $326 installed for aftermarket glass with a leak free garauntee, and they can do it today (it might rain tonight so I don't want to wait).

http://www.google.com/maps?num=50&hl...i=lmd&z=14&t=m

I love excuses for going down to Santa Cruz.
How was it? I still have 2 cars that need new glass
Old 01-29-2006, 09:45 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Originally Posted by UK n00b
How was it? I still have 2 cars that need new glass
They were very quick, glass looks great. Only funny thing is when I turn my heater **** at one specific point it makes a noise that it didn't used to.

Otherwise it is great.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:38 PM

Car Info: 05 CGM WRX
Originally Posted by wu!
Thanks. That is in fact the place that I called. They came out to my house and repaired the crack. They did not need to replace the entire windshield. You can barely tell it was cracked. It's impressive.

How much did it cost you to get it repaired? And would the price be different for a non Subaru car? I would like to get my bro's car fixxed.

TIA
Ben
Old 01-30-2006, 09:44 AM
wu!

Car Info: '18 WRX Premium, '14 320i xDrive
Originally Posted by Khooda
How much did it cost you to get it repaired? And would the price be different for a non Subaru car? I would like to get my bro's car fixxed.

TIA
Ben
I was quoted $55 for the crack. I got a $5 discount when she arrived. Maybe because of my handsome good looks? :-) J/K

Premier charged me $55 for the other crack I got a few days earlier. That crack was a little larger than the one A Clear View repaired.

I didn't need to replace the entire windshield. Both shops did a great job. Both came out to my house. The only real difference is that Premier used the juice in my car to charge their UV lamp. A Clear View used their own battery.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:43 PM

Location: My lugnuts require more torque then your Honda makes
Car Info: 05 WRX
I just got my glass replaced by "Premier Auto Glass" and so far I didn't have a good experience with them.

First off they were supposed to meet me Saturday at Union Landing at 3pm. The tech calls saying he will be 25 minutes late, so I was fine with that. 25mins past then 35...45....55..so I give him a call again now he is lost and can't find the place. I give him the address once again and exact instructions on how to get here but he still gets lost. So I end up telling him to stay where he is and I'll meet him up which was about another 15 minutes away from where I was.

Second, after a couple of days of letting the sealent dry, when I'm driving you can hear some creaking noise from the passenger side. Seems like the window is not tightly bounded to the car. I'm able to slight press against it and you can hear the window squeak. Does anybody else have this problem when they replaced their window?

Third, I was told on the phone that it was $240 with New Window + Weather stripping. But it wasn't, just a new window, so I couldn't do anything about it because my old window was off the car already.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:31 AM

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
I went to www.glass.net to get quotes from local dealers. In 30 seconds I had three quotes ranging from $284.98 to $294.19, all have lifetime warranties. GlassOne was the cheapest. All of these were mobile services. The price was $324.00 for the heated glass.

I have not had my windshield replaced yet, as this only happened a few weeks ago, but I think that it is a pretty good deal considering the previous prices in the thread.

Does anyone have experience with GlassOne?
Old 12-29-2006, 04:00 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX Limited
I just got a rock in my windshield today which caused a nice crack… (

Called Premiere Auto glass and they are coming over tomorrow – hope they do a good job?

i-club rules....
Old 12-29-2006, 04:17 PM

Location: My lugnuts require more torque then your Honda makes
Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Acadian
I just got a rock in my windshield today which caused a nice crack… (

Called Premiere Auto glass and they are coming over tomorrow – hope they do a good job?

i-club rules....

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/need-advice-company-damaged-my-car-150792/

They caused $1,300 worth of damage to my car, I would take before and after pictures and watch them like a HAWK! Also, everytime I go over a bump or go down a slight incline to a level service or vice versa, the moulding/glue around the windshield creaks like crazy.

Last edited by gqchynaboy; 12-29-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:38 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX Limited
Originally Posted by gqchynaboy
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150792

They caused $1,300 worth of damage to my car, I would take before and after pictures and watch them like a HAWK! Also, everytime I go over a bump or go down a slight incline to a level service or vice versa, the moulding/glue around the windshield creaks like crazy.
okay...those pics freaked me out so I cancelled the appt. for tomorrow. I was just gonna get my windshield repaired, not replaced...but still..