This is why you look for bicyclist when you're out on those drives.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 08:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by Overbear
The solution here is to ban bicycles from the roads. They are a danger to everyone around them, they are an archaic form of transportation, and obsolete.

Really, who still rides one? its like owning a horse and buggy, there is a reason you don't see them on the roads anymore people. 2013, get with it, move on, it ain't 1913 anymore.
BINGO!

Last i checked roads are being paved by gas taxes and i have to pay to register my car to drive on public roads... bikes should either start to have to do the same or make there own damn paths!

GET OFF THE ROAD

Last edited by zumnwrx; 09-22-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:11 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
BINGO!

Last i checked roads are being paved by gas taxes and i have to pay to register my car to drive on public roads... bikes should either start to have to do the same or make there own damn paths!

GET OFF THE ROAD

Wrong. 100%.

Thanks to Arnie "gas taxes" were switched to excise taxes. They call it the "fuel swap" and basically it means that gas taxes now go to the general fund and we use federal highway money for road work.

Cyclists pay those taxes so you can **** right off

This is what happens when people form opinions without actually knowing anything or being able to read.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:18 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
OH, and there's this:

Every time someone drives an automobile, he or she is participating in a heavily subsidized activity. For every dollar in user fees that someone pays, society pays another dollar to operate the road system. That is because, even though the fees might seem expensive to the motorist, the cost to move and store automobiles is enormous. A nonpartisan initiative of the Pew Charitable Trust called "Subsidyscope" examined the extent to which driving an automobile is subsidized. It took all user fees and all of the non-user fees that also fund roads, such as sales taxes, income taxes and property taxes, and it found user fees fund only 51 percent of road and highway costs.
So that other 1/2 has to be paid by everyone including pedestrians, people who commute by public transit, and cyclists... none of whom are actually damaging the road when they occupy it.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:03 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX
Here's an article that explains road user costs: BikeCal.com - Bill Oetinger - Cycling myths debunked...part 2 - 3/1/2001
While it's a bit dated, I doubt if the numbers have changed much.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:35 AM

Hey wanna go for a ride Timmy?

YEAH!! Let's go to that one road you know, it's super windy with a million blind turns, no shoulders or run off and is probably the most dangerous road I could pick in the whole area but I have zero ****ing common sense, lets not even discuss my habits of OBEYING CAR RULES when I want to be a car and SUDDENLY TRANSFORMING to BIKE rules when I want to be a bike and my lack of common senses on these matters.

Yeah SOUNDS GREAT LETS DO IT!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:40 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Hey wanna go for a ride Timmy?

YEAH!! Let's go to that one road you know, it's super windy with a million blind turns, no shoulders or run off and is probably the most dangerous road I could pick in the whole area but I have zero ****ing common sense, lets not even discuss my habits of OBEYING CAR RULES when I want to be a car and SUDDENLY TRANSFORMING to BIKE rules when I want to be a bike and my lack of common senses on these matters.

Hey wanna go for a ride?

YEAH!! Let's go to these public roads, even if it has bike lanes, you know, where people cross lines, cut corners, and put my life in danger all the time. The road where very few people check their blind spots, don't stop at red lights when they want to make a right turn, and in general, live in their own little car bubble ignoring everyone around them. Let's make sure it's REALLY busy, instead of using a back road that will have significantly less traffic. Let's not even discuss that most drivers couldn't care less to OBEY CAR RULES or they drive an SUV but they think their SUV has SUDDENLY TRANSFORMED into a Miata and ignore all common sense.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:13 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com

yah cycling is such an archaic method of transportation. not only does it only deplete our oil reserves, pollute our atmosphere, it makes us healthy. damn cyclists think they are entitled to the road. those roads were built for cars! damn them for hogging up the roads we pay for. those damn hippies need to get off their healthy asses and start driving more.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al

yah cycling is such an archaic method of transportation. not only does it only deplete our oil reserves, pollute our atmosphere, it makes us healthy. damn cyclists think they are entitled to the road. those roads were built for cars! damn them for hogging up the roads we pay for. those damn hippies need to get off their healthy asses and start driving more.
Agreed, all those people on fish ranch, redwood and skyline are clearly just traveling to work, not being yuppie idiots. Your photos look like you are using it as transportation uhh not. You wouldn't walk out there.

If you are on a bike and complaining about cars checking their blindspot and are expecting cars to always be able to see you then you should get a clue!
Old 09-23-2013, 05:33 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
You biker idiots have made me see the error of my ways, your right, you are all 100%...****bags.

I use to be on the fence, give a little room just to be safe...no more. I am solidly in the "**** all bikes and **** giving them a inch" camp now. Thank you for setting me right on that. Your "bikers are superior" atittude has pointed the way for me.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Heedz
It's where you can't drive anymore Jacob but here's the catch. The parking lot on north and south ends may have up to 15 spots? Which means we will have bicyclists on either side coming from Montara or Pacifica on highway 1 to get to that area because the lack of parking. I don't think its a smart idea.
Ugh.. Got ya. That also means people slowly climbing the hill out of Pacifica, as well as people on the way back stopping the highway using the cross walks there on either end of the tunnel. The crosswalks are so ridiculous.. With all the money they spent on that project, they couldn't figure out a way to support pedestrians/cyclists without interrupting the flow of the highway? Crazy.

Originally Posted by Overbear
You biker idiots have made me see the error of my ways, your right, you are all 100%...****bags.

I use to be on the fence, give a little room just to be safe...no more. I am solidly in the "**** all bikes and **** giving them a inch" camp now. Thank you for setting me right on that. Your "bikers are superior" atittude has pointed the way for me.
It's interesting to go back to the beginning of this thread, and see where it took a turn for the stupid. There was actually sensible, unbiased discussion - but you knew exactly which brick to throw through that window!

Troll of the Century! I mean, you even got people to actually argue about banning bikes! There has got to be some sort of award for that.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:26 AM

Car Info: Reason
I don't even know why I opened this ****storm of a thread.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:46 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
It's interesting to go back to the beginning of this thread, and see where it took a turn for the stupid. There was actually sensible, unbiased discussion - but you knew exactly which brick to throw through that window!

Troll of the Century! I mean, you even got people to actually argue about banning bikes! There has got to be some sort of award for that.
I have always been for banning bikes on major roads, but now, screw them. If the ones here defending the 'bikers' are any kind of example, then they are all hard core dirtbags.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:03 AM

Car Info: Reason
Being a bike mechanic paid my way through undergrad, and is doing the same now in grad school.

So I have a proposition for all you self-important, entitled ****** who erroneously believe that cyclists have no right to the road due to taxation concerns or your own ignorant views: maybe we should tax drivers into a mudhole in order to raise funds for bike-only roads, to be built directly through the backyards of Overbear, zumnwrx, bk blitzed, or any of the other angry people in this thread exhibiting the aforementioned character flaws they so readily accuse cyclists of having.

Obviously, my bike path idea will never work, as it's just as ridiculous as the polarized beliefs shown by both sides in this thread. However, in either case, please share the road or GFY. I've been in the hospital several times because of ignorant drivers, one of whom tried to fight me while waiting for the cops to show up after he hit me with his truck and broke my shoulder. Despite that info, I really don't have an axe to grind here - I am only suggesting that the polarization here is not productive. Obvious trolls will always be obvious.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:12 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
12 yr old boy was killed this morning riding his bike to school.

12-Year-Old Bicyclist Dies After Being Hit by SUV « KRON4
Old 09-23-2013, 10:29 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by Gibz
12 yr old boy was killed this morning riding his bike to school.

12-Year-Old Bicyclist Dies After Being Hit by SUV « KRON4
I drive about 100 miles a day around the peninsula and I run into more bad bicycle riders than cars, most of them being teens or kids, who never stop at stop signs, ride in and out of the street and sidewalk, make random turns without signaling, etc...

not saying this kid specifically is at fault today, but kids need to know that biking isn't just a fun way to get around, and that they need to learn the laws of the roads

Quick Reply: This is why you look for bicyclist when you're out on those drives.