This is why you look for bicyclist when you're out on those drives.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 10:03 AM

Goes to show how big of a pain in the *** cyclists are when even old people are trying to take them out. Once a car yells at you probably a good idea not to ride so close that you "have no time to react".

Still a huge mistake to make cyclists road worthy like cars and give them the same rules. Thats what has ****ed everything up. These problems didn't exists 20 years ago. Bikes belong on bike paths, simple as that. It's just selfish ***** attitude to go riding in dangerous places like fish ranch and canyon that is already known to be dangerous for cars and then ***** about cars being dangerous.

Do bicycles ride with the traffic in EUROPE? NO, they have sweet bike paths that are actually designed to get you places efficiently, rather than clogging up all the roads for a leisurely ride. Also most of Europe is smart enough to know when you have roads that are already creating a problem for cars allowing cyclists to share is idiotic. Bottom line is the idea is flawed beyond belief to begin with.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 10-20-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:11 AM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
driving up mt hamilton/mines road yesterday for the first time, and omg there were a **** ton of bicyclist... Why even ride that road, bunch of dumbasses.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:13 AM

Car Info: 12 STi hatch
to hell with the cyclists! i say watch out for the deer! almost took one out this morning!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:45 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by bkblitzed
driving up mt hamilton/mines road yesterday for the first time, and omg there were a **** ton of bicyclist... Why even ride that road, bunch of dumbasses.

i love hammy...

my question to you is "why even drive that road?"
Old 10-20-2013, 11:51 AM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
me mad? Im pretty sure i made all the bicyclist mad.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:30 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Amazing how the thread's now completely off topic.

Rest in peace Joy, those of us that knew you as a friend and customer know you didn't ride in the manner described above and did not need to leave us this early in life.

Mods, lock the thread already.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:35 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Better yet, take the drama over here: https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-ar...thread-255022/
Old 10-20-2013, 02:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Overbear
I would like to see what lead up to it. I bet you money the bikers were a bunch of self important, arrogant *******s like irrational x is, and felt they "owned the road". I kinda doubt the old guy just went postal for no reason.
MAN ENGAGES WITH CYCLISTS-with video - Montgomery County Police Reporter

Thursday evening just before 8 p.m. several cyclists were riding down Lake Forest Drive in single file when Sherman Ralph Clark, 74 passed them and a verbal altercation took place. According to one of the cyclists, Steve Schoger, Clark drove past them and along with a few cuss words told the cyclists to get off his street.
Clark then pulled in front of the cyclists and slowed down to about 15 mph. With the cyclists already peddling close to 25 mph one of the riders went to pass Clark. That is when Clark began to drive to the left running the cyclist to the shoulder of the road. Another cyclist, then came around Clarks right side in an attempt to go around. That is when Clark slammed his brakes on causing cyclist Rick Sauvageau to slam into the back of Clark’s truck. Sauvageau fractured his wrist, dislocated his shoulder and injured his left knee in the incident.
Clark then got out of the truck with a baseball bat and started another verbal altercation swinging the bat at the riders. The incident ended when Clark got back in his truck and drove off running over one of the cyclists $5,000 bicycles.
One of the cyclists using his phone captured video of part of the incident. When Clark was asked why he was holding the bat he replied to protect himself.
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to the scene and Clark was arrested for criminal mischief $1,500 to $20,000 and for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
He was booked into the Montgomery County Jail on the criminal mischief charge and it is expected the aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge may go to the Grand Jury.
Schoger said they have been riding the peaceful two mile loop off Old Conroe Road in the Red Oak Estates Subdivision for almost 15 years with no problems except for one several years ago.
In that incident almost 20 cyclists were riding the loop when Clark was backing out of his driveway. Schoger waited a short time and when the cyclists approached he backed out in front of them causing them to have to stop.
Schoger said the group participates in many cycling events throughout the year including the MS 150 and several others.
At 6 pm a bond was made for Clark who was going to be released sometime tonight from the Montgomery County Jail
Old 10-20-2013, 03:26 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
My point was Rescuer, sure the bikers are going to say they were doing nothing wrong, but look...no video. So we have their word on it that some 70+yo guy just went postal because they existed?
Old 10-20-2013, 03:39 PM

me mad? Im pretty sure i made all the bicyclist mad.
yes, you mad.

still didn't answer my question. what are you doing driving around there? visiting the observatory or driving home to patterson?
Old 10-20-2013, 03:41 PM

My point was Rescuer, sure the bikers are going to say they were doing nothing wrong, but look...no video. So we have their word on it that some 70+yo guy just went postal because they existed?
old gay dudes are pretty awesome but you not so much.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:22 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
I would like to see what lead up to it. I bet you money the bikers were a bunch of self important, arrogant *******s like irrational x is, and felt they "owned the road". I kinda doubt the old guy just went postal for no reason.
I like that by obeying the motor vehicle code and trying to provocatively prevent auto on auto and auto on bike accidents makes me an arrogant *******

I stand by my previous assertion that you're an entitled pseudo-intellectual douchebag fascist.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:25 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Same reason you drove your car on it. We all pay for it so we all get to use it.