View Poll Results: What was the reason you were pulled over?
Speeding
60.61%
Loud exhaust
13.13%
No front license plate
7.07%
Brake, signal, or taillamp out
2.02%
other...
17.17%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Why were you pulled over?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 04:44 PM

Car Info: a wrx?
got pulled over on my bmx bicycle by a motorcycle cop for running a stop sign
Old 09-01-2003, 05:39 PM

Car Info: Broken ass stock '02 WRX
Originally posted by t-rex grrr
got pulled over on my bmx bicycle by a motorcycle cop for running a stop sign
this is actually something that i believe should be enforced much more than it is, i am an avid cyclist and i stop at every stop sign, why? one because its much safer ( i watched a buddy get ran down after not stopping... bad times) and 2 because bicycles are supposed to obey the same traffic laws as a motorcycle...
Old 09-01-2003, 07:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Bicycles should also have to have a bikelight at night. It should be a state law. Bicycles riding down the wrong side of the road should get a fat ticket.

Thing with two wheels annoy me... sorry guys. That includes motorcycles.

jason
Old 09-01-2003, 08:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
going 97 in a 65. got a ticket, but only written up for 80.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:21 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
I didnt know I was around such a bad element of people here :P

Last few times I got pulled over was in my heavly modded 95 GSX.

1) I was rather pissed off ( due to a chick, go figure) and was doing at least 90 in a 45 ( shift light was on and I was in 3rd) and I passed a cop. I saw him flip around and I knew he was gonna pull me over. I slowed down and waited for him ( words from a sherrif I am good friends with, never pull over before they light or get behind you, it actually pisses them off ). He said he clocked me at 65 in a 45 ( no friggen way ) and asked to see my license and registration. I told him they were in my bag in the back and I needed to get out to get it. He started shining his light on all my stuff in the car ( see pics ---> clicky ) and ask if any of it was a radar detector, I said no ( I didnt.. at that time and he said not to worry about it and slow it down. He stood there for another minuet looking at all my stuff and said " these cars are pretty fast, we were just in a high speed chase the other week with one of these and the guy was doing 110". I just said "wow, I will never do that" and smiled. He said have a good night and walked back to his car

2) had some jackass tailgaiting me and got pissed so I dropped down to 2nd ( I was in 3rd) and floored it. As soon as I was about topped out in 2nd and him off my tail, I cross over the top of a small hill in the road and pass a city PD at the same time and he jamms on his breaks and flips a U-turn. By the time he slowed down and made the turn he was behind the truck that pissed me off and I figured "sweet, he will pull that jackass over and make my day". Nope. He motored around the truck and pulled me over. First he asked why I was racing with my 'friend', and I told him I was not and the guy was riding my bumper to the point where I could not see his headlights and I sped up to get away from him. He told me I should have pulled over and let him go around me ( thanks jackass). He asked for my info and right as I was giving it to him I heard him get a call on his radio. He talked for a few seconds and gave my stuff back to me and said there was a shooting and he had to go. "Tonight is your lucky night" ( once again, thanks jackass) and he took off

currently I'm pointless ( hopefully it will stay that way

Last edited by Max Xevious; 09-01-2003 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:51 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

in my almost 20 years of driving (mostly a toyota 4runner):

1. speeding while making a pizza run during halftime of super bowl a few years ago. 40+ in a 30 zone within a mile from home... fremont PD

2. u-turn on a no u-turn from 4-6pm. weird part was this was in newark at the time a family member was with the newark PD. guess who caught me? a CHP...

3. on I-5. CHP catches me for doing a california stop at exit off ramp in the middle of nowhere. turns out that exit, a mile down is the CHP station...

so far so good with the wrx/sti in the last 2.5 years...

but i live a very paranoid life so i dont try to break the law too much...
Old 09-01-2003, 10:56 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally posted by mmboost
Bicycles should also have to have a bikelight at night. It should be a state law. Bicycles riding down the wrong side of the road should get a fat ticket.

Thing with two wheels annoy me... sorry guys. That includes motorcycles.

jason
believe it or not, in kalifornia, bicycles are treated as motor vehicles when in comes to laws and stuff.

i'm just surprised that not more and more cops are doing this...

and yes, i'm a cyclist too, so i and annoyed at this "double standard"...
Old 09-02-2003, 08:07 AM

Car Info: GDA
i got pulled over for speeding on 237...80 in a 65. the officer was pretty cool though. it was probably the most "painless" ticket i've received. as for my driving habits, i don't drive recklessly -- this is my 3rd ticket ever.

anyone know of any good online courses i can take for traffic school here in the south bay?

db
Old 09-02-2003, 08:10 AM

Car Info: GDA
Originally posted by ldivinag
believe it or not, in kalifornia, bicycles are treated as motor vehicles when in comes to laws and stuff.
totally OT, but...

in davis, CA, they will give you a DUI if you ride under the influence and this will show on your driving record! it's kind of funny, but the consequences are sobering enough to discourage students from drinking and biking.

db
Old 09-02-2003, 09:15 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Other.

Twice for loud stereo, Once for Modified Exhaust.

-Zoeb
Old 09-02-2003, 09:58 AM

Unhappy

>>105mph on 505 on the way to work! The CHP been pacing me soon I merged to 505 off I-80. I wasn't watching my rear view mirror (never learned). This is my 3rd speeding tix. Bad thing is my AAA insurance went up. Oh, well.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:05 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Well, after suffering brain fade last year and renewing my driver's license almost 11½ months after it expired, I also took care of the other pressing thing on my agenda - renewal of my vehicle registration!

I waited until the last few weeks before the tags were to expire, then sent in the payment and form, but I forgot to send in the proof-of-insurance card. DMV notifies me by mail of the omission on my part and so I'm driving without valid tags for 10 days, right after I installed a new louder catback exhaust! Luckily for me, I never got pulled over during that whole time period without a valid license or registration.

I arrived at my DMV appointment 20 minutes early this afternoon and walked out a half-hour later with a nice green 2004 registration sticker. The install went well.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush

Quick Reply: Why were you pulled over?