Why are there so many cops?!? Sept 06

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:38 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Why are there so many cops?!? Sept 06

Ok, this whole week I've seen an obvious jump in police, CHP, and Sheriff presence all around the south bay (probably everywhere too). What is going on?

This seems way heavier than "end of the month quota" thing... it's like it's a terror alert or something.

Anyone know what's going on?

Did the cops figure out that "terror alert" => more cop presence => more ticket revenues?
Old 09-28-2006, 12:45 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Santa Clara PD was stopping traffic last night on El Camino both directions at about Bowers to hand out flyers on a fatal hit-and-run last Wednesday...I've noticed a lot more CHP in the Santa Cruz area too....
Old 09-28-2006, 12:46 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
I still barely see cops. but then again the only time I leave my house is to go to work(6 miles), or trader Joes, and safeway(1 mile or less). Otherwise I am on hwy 17 going to Santa Cruz.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:55 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Trader Joes must not be on the terror hit list then....I knew I shopped there for a reason!
Old 09-28-2006, 12:56 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
last night, around 1215, between San Carlos, and San Mateo, every 4th car was a cop or Sherriff, somethings definitely going on around here.....
Old 09-28-2006, 01:00 PM
wu!

Car Info: '18 WRX Premium, '14 320i xDrive
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift was released on DVD earlier this week. Coincidence? You decide.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:01 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by wu!
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift was released on DVD earlier this week. Coincidence? You decide.
hmm...... yeah.....
Old 09-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
STAY AWAY FROM LIVERMORE!!

It's a free for all. there are cops looking at crosswalks. If you don't yield, you get a ticket.

Just an FYI...
Old 09-28-2006, 01:42 PM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
STAY AWAY FROM LIVERMORE!!

It's a free for all. there are cops looking at crosswalks. If you don't yield, you get a ticket.

Just an FYI...
Damm man, ive seen this. I commute from Livermore through pleasanton to Dublin and I saw 7 cops yesterday, just posted on the side of the road waiting to pull ppl over. I live as close as you can get to pleasanton in Livermore, and work just on the other side of the freeway in Dublin. Thats 7 on my 7-8 mile drive.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:59 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi 2012 STi
it has to do with the new law put into effect on street racing along with the new eniromental and global warming bills on the ballet (theyre blaming cars for a lot of it)....the statewide crackdown on racing and illegal mods and it doesnt hurt that F&F came out...HIN was last weekend and theres been a string of racing related deaths (more than usual).
Old 09-28-2006, 02:01 PM

Car Info: WREX
Yesterday in Newark I passed by four newark cops, a sheriff, and three cops from a different city.

Also about a dozen cops later in the day...coming from the police training grounds in newark.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by blacktraxgirl
it has to do with the new law put into effect on street racing along with the new eniromental and global warming bills on the ballet (theyre blaming cars for a lot of it)....the statewide crackdown on racing and illegal mods and it doesnt hurt that F&F came out...HIN was last weekend and theres been a string of racing related deaths (more than usual).

Im not buying that. My drive to work takes place at 7-8 in the morning. There is very little "street racing" going on and more sitting at red lights.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:19 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi 2012 STi
all shifts are to be more aware of anyone anytime....not just our cars..but people acting stupid because of the high level of auto deaths recently....street racing or not. theyre just trying to pin it on "street racers" who impact the problem. but we all know that its more about the IDIOTS out there driving who dont give a flying **** about anyone else on the road.... and the cops are aware of this too... but why **** off everyone by saying that...instead profile one community and get everyone behind you instead against you
Old 09-28-2006, 02:28 PM

Thats it, time to start a new club.

EASR = Enthusiasts Against Street Racing

Then we can have stickers that say:

EASR
street racing is for pussies
Old 09-28-2006, 02:34 PM

Car Info: WREX
Originally Posted by blacktraxgirl
all shifts are to be more aware of anyone anytime....not just our cars..but people acting stupid because of the high level of auto deaths recently....street racing or not. theyre just trying to pin it on "street racers" who impact the problem. but we all know that its more about the IDIOTS out there driving who dont give a flying **** about anyone else on the road.... and the cops are aware of this too... but why **** off everyone by saying that...instead profile one community and get everyone behind you instead against you

There is some truth to this...

Quick Reply: Why are there so many cops?!? Sept 06