Why so much SRT-4 hatred?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 06:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
In regards to a stock turbo Honda, doubt it'll happen, not even in Japan.
Like I said, their credo is NA power. That's why they developed VTEC, as an alternative to turbo power originally.
Besides, Civic and Integ turbo kits are dirt cheap here anyway.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Good info about Honda. I wasn't assuming Honda would jump into the turbo field, I thought they'd be jumping into the compact car scene with a real "player". The SI is cool and all, but they need something with more power.

Good replies so far. I completely understand not liking the buyers mentality, but it definitely doesn't hold true for all of 'em. Our Subaru crowd is generally much more refined, but there's even a lot of borderline "fast and furious" types here now that the WRX has shown up stateside.

-Brian
Old 12-05-2003, 07:24 PM

Car Info: AW '03 wagon
SRT-4 is soooo thuper tight yo. i actually like the srt-4, and wouldnt mind owning one, but awd rules. much love!
Old 12-05-2003, 08:07 PM
VIP Member

Sorry to keep on going on about Honda, but there're alot of people who would argue that the RSX Type-S is in the same class as the WRX, SRT-4, etc. It's likely that Honda believes the sales figures generated these people (or perhaps the more generous ones that go for the S2000, a very worthy roadster IMHO).
Old 12-05-2003, 08:08 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
With so many criminals, perverts, crooked politicians, and underhanded corporations in society, I don't have the time nor the inclination to hate someone based on what they drive.

The SRT-4 isn't what I would buy because I like AWD but I still like the car just the same.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 12-05-2003, 10:01 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Every car is nice for its own reasons.

I used to hate RSX type S until I actually drove one. Man that thing is pretty swet. The interior beats the wrx's hand down and reving to 8000 is pretty exciting.

And when I took the SRT4 onto an open road and blasted it, o man that car is pretty mean with the FMIC and all.

With regards to a turbo civic, honda would be the last company to make a factory hotrod. I seriously doubt they would offer a t-25 powered civic or something. Although I think a turbo civic SI for aroun17 K would be pretty off the hook.

But then there's already the Mazdaspeed Protege, yeah I'm waiting to go test drive that for the heck of it. I want to see what "best handling FWD car ever" means. Remember the C&D or motortrend article where they pitted the MP3 (that's not even the mazdaspeed) against EVO and ferrari?

And I heard Mazdaspeeds make almost 250 hp with just a few boltons, the dealer was selling them for 16995, not bad at all!
Old 12-05-2003, 10:02 PM

Car Info: 2007 STI
i have always thought a neon is a B***H car it always has been and always will be. no matter how much the change the look or how much boost the put in it.

Giligan
Old 12-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
Originally posted by Strng1dah
If I were buying a car now instead of 2 years ago, I would be buying an SRT4 over a WRX.
whoa there... i wouldnt go that far
Old 12-05-2003, 10:54 PM

Originally posted by Choku Dori

Oh, and reson number 8:
8. Marshall (TurnWRX) is secretly in love with them
That's not a secret What's a secret is that I've made love to one before :banana:

lol j/k
Old 12-05-2003, 10:55 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by verc
Every car is nice for its own reasons.

I used to hate RSX type S until I actually drove one. Man that thing is pretty swet. The interior beats the wrx's hand down and reving to 8000 is pretty exciting. ...

And I heard Mazdaspeeds make almost 250 hp with just a few boltons, the dealer was selling them for 16995, not bad at all!
As for the RSX - S, I've driven one and didn't particularly enjoy it. It felt a tad underpowered, the interior wasn't quite ergonomic enough (for me I guess), and it wasn't too difficult to expose the FWD's weaknesses. And if you want high-revving fun, take a swing in the S2000
As for Mazdaspeed Protege's, it'd prolly take a new turbocharger to get it to 250hp That's bolt-on, technically!
I'd still like to try out an SRT-4, though, so that I can legitimize my distaste for it
And *GASP* Marshall's a NEON-sexual!!!!!!!

Last edited by Choku Dori; 12-05-2003 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:56 PM

Originally posted by international B
whoa there... i wouldnt go that far

If it wasn't for the nice subaru community, I would've gotten one myself as well. In fact, when I get enough money, I'll have a wrx and an srt-4 Best of both worlds :banana:
Old 12-05-2003, 10:57 PM

Originally posted by Choku Dori

I'd still like to try out an SRT-4, though, so that I can legitimize my distaste for it

Whoa, that's the first time you haven't called it a neon. It must be gettin to ya
Old 12-05-2003, 11:16 PM
VIP Member

Yeah, your NEON-sexuality is really taking a toll on me
Besides, if I test-drove some beater Neon, I couldn't legitimately bash the SRT-4.
And why the hell is it called the SRT-4?! It's not even 4-wheel drive or anything!

Quick Reply: Why so much SRT-4 hatred?