Why does stuff like this happen here?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 11:39 AM

Car Info: '09 accord, '14 2 seater chevy
Unhappy Why does stuff like this happen here?

Ok since this is more for a local experience I thought I'd post it here. For non San Jose people just ignore the street names.

Why do we tolerate hoodlum and gang bangers here in the heart of Technology in the US.

Today on the way to work I had one of the most terrifying experiences in my life(and I'm an ex submariner so it takes quite a bit to shake me). I had just finished stopping by BofA on Berryessa and was finishing my commute to a business park right by the great mall. I'm northbound on Capitol in the turn lane to get on to Hostetter going towards work with my front windows down, Norah Jones in the CD player, just enjoying a nice morning. All of a sudden this maroon 4 door late 80s accord comes screeching up behind me and had locked up the brakes so hard the car stopped diagnally about 3 feet behind me. Was this the end? Nope the moron lights up the tires in reverse almost hitting the car behind him getting a huge honk, then lights the tires up again to get beside me with smoke just billowing from the brakes. I didn't think much, and more importantly didn't look over, before saying "c'mon now, let's slow down a bit" I hear the passenger spit in my direction so I look over and there's two typical "I'm too cool" minimum wage earning BIG gang banger latino thugs. This un-nerved me a bit by itself but thug number one chimes in with "ehhhhh fuuuhhhhq white boy. What?....what are you gonna say ****" So I rolled up my window and shake my head to myself. I note some commotion out of the corner of my eye so I look over and both thugs, tattood arms and necks in tow, are unbuckling their seat belts looking like they are going to get out of the car. Thank god the light turns green, I do a 6k clutch dump(yeah I know not good for the car, I wasn't interested in car life at this point in time) I row the gears and pass a few cars taking it up to about 90 before letting off thinking maybe they would leave me alone. Nope, of course not that would be too smart, I see them violently weaving in and out of traffic and end up next to me. I had a car in front of me, curb on the right and they were on the left with no cars behind either of us thankfully. All of a sudden this moron violently swerves at me, and I note an already enormous gash down the side of the car. I slammed the brakes and he was trying the same but thankfully his brakes were still smoking so more than likely he was in full brake fade territory. I dump it down to first lay into into it whipping over two lanes while the morons try to hit me again(thank god for a cobb stage 2 subbie power off of a clutch dump). I take up to pretty fast and I see a cop in the other direction so I flashed my high beams to no avail, this particular cop had doughnuts on the brain.

Monkeys still in tow lundy comes up and I see two cops in the turn lane in the other direction going to go north on lundy so I whip over to go the same direction as them and I guess the monkey brothers saw them too because they get over into the lundy south turn lane. I pulled over waiting for the cops and they finally come up behind me. I rolled down the window and waved them over. I explained the whole situation to them but I never got a plate number because the farging iceholes had no front plate and the only time I was behind them was when they did the trying the hit me manuever and I wasn't really thinking of stopping to get their plate at the time. I quickly gave one of the cops my card a description of the car. The jumped in their cars, hit the lights, flipped a U and hauled some serious *** in back towards the monkeys. They both hit their sirens and one went straight on lundy south, the other went left on hostetter east.

WTF is wrong with people, drive it like you stole it is just a saying. This was a real bummer and a very scary experience. I'm far from a scared little tool, but this really got me shaking.

I just really needed to vent. I apologize is this is the wrong place, I really needed to share it. Also, Note to self: Keep your damn mouth shut.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:50 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
man thats crazy. glad to hear you're alright at least. it would have been bad if they pulled out a gun or somthing. nice driving too btw, guess cobb stage 2 isn just for fun times eh? =)
Old 09-22-2004, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '99 Impreza OBS
Yea, that doesn't sound like fun

Do you know if the cops caught the dudes???
Old 09-22-2004, 11:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: dangerous with a wrench
+1 for WTF is wrong with people. Glad to hear you're ok.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:00 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
WTF?!?! I hate those kinds of people. Glad nothing serious happened. It's a good thing you got some kind of help from a cop.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:25 PM

Car Info: my 02 Wrx > STi = G35
wow, glad to hear you're okay. luckily no one got hurt...hopefully the cops got to them before anything serious occured. btw, isn't the great mall by that one jail?
Old 09-22-2004, 12:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
At the Sun building in EPA if you went to car after dark a security guard had to walk you there.
Not any more though.
Little trivia for anyone who cares, what was East Palo Alto called when it was first founded?

Illusion, what boat were you on?
Old 09-22-2004, 12:34 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Not to be a total pansy or anything...but I watch my mouth when I'm driving in San Jose. The thugs down there aren't just the e-thug variety...they're the stick a burrito in yo' tailpipe kind.

hmmm...that sounded kinda ghey...but then I'm pretty ghey for driving like a prude when I'm down in the Tully/Capitol Expressway area.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:39 PM

Man, people are *******s. *This* is why im in favor of concealed to carry states.
(BTW, It was Ravenswood, if my memory serves me.)
Old 09-22-2004, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
the second you took off like that they went into predator mode and smelled blood and the thrill of the chase. You should have ran out of hte car screaming nad hollaring about how you just kille dyour family and you don need to deal with any more bull**** in your life and how you want to kill them and eat them. If that doesnt shake them up a bit then run like **** cause nothing will.

PS that bit HAS worked for me in the past, hell even got me out of a sitaution wehre some buddha looking like mother****er in FF pulled a gun at me cause he was mad my old civic beat him in a freeway run. (could have been the 400 lbs of fat he had extra) I didnt give him the i killed my family bit but a variation of it, i gave him the "****ING DOCOTORS TRYING TO TELL ME THAT I NEED DRUGS **** THEM I SHOWED THAT ***** AND NOW IM GOING TO SHOW YOU HOW I ****ING DEAL WITH FUCEKRS LIKE YOU *reaches for tire iron and soda*. Most people who try and ACT tought are doing just that they figure that no one is dumb nuff or ballzy nuff to run at them if they have a weapon, they want to indtimidate and scare. When someone isnt scared or intimidated with them they MOST of the time back down, if you can intimidate them and make them think you could give a **** iif they hurt you they will almost allways back down.

blah **** it next time run most people can act worth a ****.

Doing what i do sometimes could get you ****ed up if you make a mis judgement.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:43 PM

Car Info: '15 WRX
Wow, glad to hear no harm came from this. But I agree with ^, San Jose isnt the most friendly place, theres too many gangsters that think that they can do whatever they like to other people. I almost got hit the other day by 4 large mexican "gangsters" in a Kia Rio, just because they felt the need to race me and cut me off, just because they saw an exhaust on my car. Hope the cops catch those guys that did that to you, they really deserve to get taken off the road.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: some silver thing
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
the second you took off like that they went into predator mode and smelled blood and the thrill of the chase. You should have ran out of hte car screaming nad hollaring about how you just kille dyour family and you don need to deal with any more bull**** in your life and how you want to kill them and eat them. If that doesnt shake them up a bit then run like **** cause nothing will.

PS that bit HAS worked for me in the past, hell even got me out of a sitaution wehre some buddha looking like mother****er in FF pulled a gun at me cause he was mad my old civic beat him in a freeway run. (could have been the 400 lbs of fat he had extra) I didnt give him the i killed my family bit but a variation of it, i gave him the "****ING DOCOTORS TRYING TO TELL ME THAT I NEED DRUGS **** THEM I SHOWED THAT ***** AND NOW IM GOING TO SHOW YOU HOW I ****ING DEAL WITH FUCEKRS LIKE YOU *reaches for tire iron and soda*. Most people who try and ACT tought are doing just that they figure that no one is dumb nuff or ballzy nuff to run at them if they have a weapon, they want to indtimidate and scare. When someone isnt scared or intimidated with them they MOST of the time back down, if you can intimidate them and make them think you could give a **** iif they hurt you they will almost allways back down.

blah **** it next time run most people can act worth a ****.

Doing what i do sometimes could get you ****ed up if you make a mis judgement.

******* 88***8**88***** 88**********88*** !!11!!11noes!!1
Old 09-22-2004, 12:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: dangerous with a wrench
Originally Posted by ftnssn
what was East Palo Alto called when it was first founded?
Ravenswood.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
Nope, it was Ravenswood second. It was East Nairobi Village in the early 60's.

And didn't Will Smith teach Carlton to use that method of violence avoidance in and episode of the fresh prince.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:59 PM

Car Info: '09 accord, '14 2 seater chevy
I'm better now.

Sometimes I wish I never gave up my federal permit to carry but for some silly reason I felt I didn't need it any more.

If you saw these tattoo ridden thugs, the chances were pretty high I would have gotten the snot beaten out of me, I think I made the right move running like a pig on fire. They weren't your run of the mill semi-thugs, these were the tear drop having I wanna show you what I learned in prison type. I'm usually the stupid one that won't back down, but since they're the kind of people that would use their car as a weapon then they're more than likely the kind that would rip me a new arsehole, when they swerved they didn't do a half hearted I wanna see if you're chicken swerve, this was the I'm gonna git you sucka type swerving and if it wasn't for good brakes versus their pile of crap I would be crying to my insurance right now or worse....

Not sure if the fuzz got them or not, I hope so, but I haven't heard anything from them so I don't know. I wasn't terribly interested in turning around and finding out.

And yeah the great mall is the one right by elmwood prison.

FT, I was an RM aboard ssn-614 the greenthing, err greenpig, I mean greenling

Quick Reply: Why does stuff like this happen here?