Why do you love your subaru?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 10:24 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Why do you love your subaru?

Not sure if this thread has already been created, but my friend was asking me yesterday why I loved my subaru so much. Only having my car for a couple of weeks, I was only able to say that out of all the cars i've had my hands on, this is the only one i actually enjoy being in, even if for 5 minutes. But I do think subaru drivers tend to love their cars more than others, and would love to hear everyone's own reasons for why they love their subie.

Last edited by xsuki000; 09-08-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:27 PM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
Its a cult following and i get a lot of thumbs up from stangers. Selling it soon and to be honest....the thumbs up is the only thing ill miss hahahahaha.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:38 PM

Car Info: 99 BDP 2.5RS
The GM6 is my favorite Subaru chassis (aside from the real GC8) and I get a lot of looks and compliments. It's an all around fun car to drive and modify.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:09 PM

Car Info: stock
I like it because it makes cool sounds.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:30 PM

Car Info: 04 WRB Sti/05 Titan
Because it's not an EVO
Old 09-08-2014, 11:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Because it has it all. Good power, awd, turbo, that sound... plus plenty of space (especially in a hatch), decent gas mileage, and the great subaru community
Old 09-08-2014, 11:57 PM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
Cause it gets me from point A to point B
Old 09-09-2014, 07:17 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX, 06 Evo IX MR, now 2010 STi
I love that it was in Fast and the Furious.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:58 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Its more personal for me.

My FXT, I got from the original owner, my best friend in the world, John. He knew how much I loved it, and 5 years ago sold it to me for 8k (yea he could have got a LOT more for it). Well, a year and a half ago, on the day after Christmas. John was driving up north to see friends...and was in a head on. He was killed instantly, and its left a hole in me like nothing I can explain in words.

So, I took a loan out against the house with my partners permission, and got the FXT back on the road with a new engine, coilovers, the works. Its kind of my rolling tribute and memory to one of the greatest persons I have ever known.

You all wonder why I am so touchy about my car? why I would be willing to commit felony assault against someone who put a sticker on my car...that's why. It means far more to me than anything, even my own life. Because it is my way of holding on to the good memories of my friend.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:23 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
I cannot speak for the newer generation cars, but I love older Subaru because they are Lego cars...so many OEM and aftermarket parts can be swapped between models and years.

Plus they are generally well balanced cars that can be used for just about everything. That said, I am not a fan of the newer generations because they seem to have went the Toyota route...but that's just me. They are still solid cars.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:27 AM

Car Info: 2005 aspen white sti
Originally Posted by leaferiksin
I like it because it makes cool sounds.
live for rumble. haha
Old 09-09-2014, 08:34 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
I cannot speak for the newer generation cars, but I love older Subaru because they are Lego cars...so many OEM and aftermarket parts can be swapped between models and years.

Plus they are generally well balanced cars that can be used for just about everything. That said, I am not a fan of the newer generations because they seem to have went the Toyota route...but that's just me. They are still solid cars.
Putting a WRX part on my 2.5i? You better believe that the mounting points are already there.

And very versatile. Roadtrip to Vegas? Wonderful drive. Take it to the races? It will go as hard as you'll push it. Tahoe for the white stuff? piece of cake. Take it to work 5 days a week? Come on...

My Subaru has done everything that I have asked of it and it hasn't put up a fuss. 90k miles and it's only been towed twice. Both accounts of me being the problem, not the car.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:39 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
One with 140K and one with 260K and both doing perfectly fine. What's not to love?
Old 09-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
I love that my car isn't a POS. At least in my opinion it isn't.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:34 AM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
1) AWD
2) reliable
3) A-B in any condition
4) SAFE
5) simple
6) ruuuuuuumblee

Other than Audi, i feel Subaru is one of the safest and most reliable AWD sedan that can literally take you anywhere. just short of a 4x4 rock crawler. Ive pulled not only my car but other cars (even, with the help of a lifted leggy, a N* shuttle bus stuck in the snow) Safety is by far one of my most like feature of Subaru. Ever see that commercial "They lived" Well they nailed it right on the head. Ive seen a handful of Subaru accidents recently that just leave you in awe how they walked away. I seen a bigrig toppled over on an 08 WRX. the car was literally pancaked. everyone lived with minor injuries. Plus, we all know that smile we get as we pass other sedans struggling with chains in the snow :P taking my Camry in the snow...now way. Subaru every time! Some Blizzack LMs do the trick just nice. Other than the basic stuff, i love my subaru because ive almost built it myself from the shell up (over time) i have 2 subie. selling the 05 with less miles. once you put a lot of blood, sweat, $ into it, the love just grows. lol Not to mention the Subaru community. great group of gearheads!

Quick Reply: Why do you love your subaru?