Why do people...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 03:24 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by ldivinag
dont even mention IFS there...

lol...
its not quite as bad as it use to be, but yea, most IFS is looked down on.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:39 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
what verc said.....

i agree 100%. there i am looking at the screen getting pissed about some dumb comment, and then my 7yo starts to complain the PS3 is killing him in tekken 5, my wife yells asking why i didnt pay the auto ins bil, as i watch the horses outside kicking the fence cuz there hungry. oh and the (3) dogs are out front right up against the invisible fence barking at something that has gone by on the street. oh, and yes, the mortgage is due and the bank f'ed up my autopay so now i need to get on the phone and be a phone thug to some poor cust serv rep in iowa....

lame people are lame.

josh
Old 08-12-2009, 03:41 PM

Dude you need to invite me up to go horseback riding... I miss my horses had to sell them off when I moved up here 10 years back.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:45 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
anytime!!!!!

we live in east truckee, glenshire. not only do i ride my dirty bike for HOURS out my back door, those and many other trails out my back door are awesome. we have 2 and my dad is always dragging the other out just for excersise.

road trip to truckee to see josh.....

josh
Old 08-12-2009, 03:46 PM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
Originally Posted by brucelee
people screw up and get caught up in the moment and say things they really dont mean, especially online as its easy to say something and have it come out totally wrong and all sorts of misunderstands happen...
There are a lot of misunderstandings online, and sarcastic things that are taken totally wrong, people need to realize that mistakes happen, ESPECIALLY online. To the people that don't recognize that and take things like that personally, they really need to grow up and stop acting like 5th graders. One day they will learn and realize how wrong they were and will have to live with the fact that they made complete asses of themselves by not being the bigger man.
AMEN to that
Old 08-12-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by josh
anytime!!!!!

we live in east truckee, glenshire. not only do i ride my dirty bike for HOURS out my back door, those and many other trails out my back door are awesome. we have 2 and my dad is always dragging the other out just for excersise.

josh
Only if you let me buy the beer and steaks dude....hehe perhaps we can get a few of the noobs out too, teach a few how to ride

I do wish I lived closer to an area I could keep horses, I really do miss being able to just take off for hours into the hills.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:14 PM

Car Info: EQ Tuned Wagon ;)
Originally Posted by Overbear
Ive met a ton of the guys and gals from pirates, I will say this, they are a stand up group. You need help, your stuck, one post on pirates and suddenly people are driving from 2 states away to come help you.
im on another forum dezertrangers.com and some guys wife car got a flat or something like that and the husband posted up and within the hour a guy came along and helped her out..pretty cool knowing the internet can be faithful and not full of lurks haha
Old 08-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
There is ALWAYS a line that should not be crossed, even online.... There are just things that should not be said even when going for a low blow...
Old 08-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Churro Aficionado

anytime!!!!!

josh
hahah open invitation?
Old 08-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
anytime!!!!!

josh
DUDE! Can I come and bring my 200lb telescope!? It's all electronic and has an insane amount of light gathering ability, one of the best spots to use it is in Truckee actually. Me and a few iclubbers made that trek a few years back and it was some of the best viewing I have ever seen. It's so damn dark there so no matter where you point the scope you see something amazing like nebulas, dense globular clusters, galaxies, and even planets!

How about a BBQ in the evening, some steaks and bbq chicken ala BAM (which was sooooo good), then after turn off all the lights and get our eyes adjusted to the night sky and bust out the telescope. You guys will be sooooo amazed at the things we can see with it!

It'll have to be a night with no moon, and the higher the elevation the better, and the colder it is the better too since warm air distorts the sky, but when you're at like 10-14k elevation it doesn't matter since the atmosphere is so thin, the sights are just EPIC!

Who's down for a Truckee camping trip? I can bring a bunch of rifles and we can go shoot some exploding targets in the national forest!!! Who's down!? All you need is to bring your own ammo and help me clean guns after.

Man, that sounds sooooooooo cool! If we do it, can I bring my wifez0r and dog too? They are both very obedient...

We can have an old school bam from back in 1999 and 2000!

In case you guys don't know, the reason we call our annual meet "BAM" is due to the Josh, Alex, and Randy, the original members of the original i-club. Josh was member number 15 on NASIOC (Original i-club). He started the first "BAM" which wasn't our annual meet, but rather just a simple meet at someone's house to install parts, like an install fest. Josh came up with the name BAM for the first ever gatherings on i-club, and I decided to resurrect the name just for tradition sake. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
BTW, what about mountain biking? Maybe get some lift tix and just do a bunch of downhill since we're all old and out of shape probably. I have a spare downhill bike if someone needs one, the frame is 18.5" so it's a little small for my ogre ***. My other bike is a 21".

So guns, astronomy, great food/bbq, mountain bikes, and possibly explosives? Could that sound any better?

Watch like 100+ people show up.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:54 PM

Car Info: 2017 Limited Edition BRZ
From what I've observed, it's easier for many people to get their point across online. A lot of people are either afraid to speak up in real life or just don't know how to say things, so a lot of times, they hold things in. When they go online, text, etc. it's easier for them to say things because they can always press the backspace button. 90% of the time, when people text, IM, email, or whatever... if one is speaking bluntly, they won't really think about how what they are saying is going to come out, they're merely thinking, "alright well i'm just gonna say it cause it makes sense in my head" kind of ordeal. The internet is just the internet. It's people talking behind a screen and that's all it really is. It's unfortunate when so many people get offended online, so much to the point where they let it affect their lives so dramatically. A big part of understanding people is being able to find the reasoning behind it.

For example, if you say something negative towards someone, expect the person who you are saying that to, to retaliate back. Both will eventually be in defense mode and not want to hear anything. All they're going to want to do is argue until they think they've gotten their point across. The best thing to do at that point is to just walk away.

Another example, is when someone misinterprets what one person is trying to say. We know that we can read, but being able to fully interpret the meaning of said statements, is the difficult part. This is when many of us start becoming defensive all because of misinterpreting what another is trying to convey.

One example, I'm sure everyone can agree upon, mainly because it has to do with some people on here, is that if you've already made your mind up about how you feel towards a person before you have already met them, anything that person says to you will sound as if it's coming out negative. It may not necessarily mean that what they are saying is negative, it's just anything they say will sound negative because you will automatically be in defense mode and assume that they have a hidden agenda behind what they are saying, therefore you are going to assume that they are saying something bad, when in reality, it's nothing like that.

I have many friends who, if I were to have met them online, rather as in person, I bet if I got offended easily, we probably wouldn't be friends today. Many people are just plain rude and disrespectful online, but then in real life they can be really shy, quiet, or really nice. What I always say is, you can't really judge a person until you have met the person and actually attempted to get to know that person. A lot of the people who I think are rude and mean online, end up being extremely cool people in real life.

I guess, if you get butthurt easily, stick to just talking to people in person, otherwise everything will offend you because you're only going to assume that the person is saying something negative.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Churro Aficionado

dont dish it if you cant take it
Old 08-12-2009, 10:22 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
^^haa exactly
Old 08-12-2009, 10:52 PM

Car Info: bici putas
Originally Posted by brucelee
BTW, what about mountain biking? Maybe get some lift tix and just do a bunch of downhill since we're all old and out of shape probably. I have a spare downhill bike if someone needs one, the frame is 18.5" so it's a little small for my ogre ***. My other bike is a 21".

So guns, astronomy, great food/bbq, mountain bikes, and possibly explosives? Could that sound any better?

Watch like 100+ people show up.
Leyts hit up karpiel and STD at flatstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll need a loaner bike I sold my big hit

Quick Reply: Why do people...