Why do people...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 02:38 PM

Car Info: 2016 CWP WRX
oh hell yeah. id do the same. i know quite afew up here in truckee that spend quite a bit of time there. lots of 4x4 dudes here in truckee.....

as i said, it is worth the crap in between. as you said, i have grown a thick skin, as well as an ability to ignore the fluff post inbetween the good.

dont get me wrong, pirate is a great site. but a mojority (including myself) are HUGE rednecks....

josh
Old 08-12-2009, 02:39 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by iLoqin
I forgot to add one more thing. People are a lot more truthful through IMs, forums, and texts rather than in person. It has to do with the body expressions and being polite. No one is this rude in person.
Don't bet on that, I am, in person, pretty much like I am online. I am blunt, direct, will tell you exactly what I think, and tell you if you don't like it you can drink bleach.

I was raised to always be up front, don't lie or try to cover my feelings up.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by josh
oh hell yeah. id do the same. i know quite afew up here in truckee that spend quite a bit of time there. lots of 4x4 dudes here in truckee.....

as i said, it is worth the crap in between. as you said, i have grown a thick skin, as well as an ability to ignore the fluff post inbetween the good.

dont get me wrong, pirate is a great site. but a mojority (including myself) are HUGE rednecks....

josh
yea, im right there with ya man
Old 08-12-2009, 02:40 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by Overbear
Don't bet on that, I am, in person, pretty much like I am online. I am blunt, direct, will tell you exactly what I think, and tell you if you don't like it you can drink bleach.

I was raised to always be up front, don't lie or try to cover my feelings up.
I was raised Asian, although I am pretty Americanized and I am blunt myself, there are times that I feel like I don't want to create drama in my life and I just kind of shut up about it. =P.

This is probably why American's are looked at as extremely rude out of country.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:46 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Yeah I'm there with overbear about pirate, they talk ****, but they help out too.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:47 PM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
Originally Posted by brucelee
Say really awful things to one another online, things that would normally start a physical fight in real life if said to someone face to face, but when they are confronted or questioned about it in real life they act like the biggest vag's ever?

I can't believe what immature tools some of the mazda speed guys are on their little forum. Hell, I know a lot of people in BAIC that do the same thing, but the mazda guys are UNREAL!

I don't want to go into details just in case I'm not supposed to say anything, but if you know what I'm talking about and it's ok to share, please fill us all in and link us to the said flaming via mazda forums.

Sorry for the vagueness, but if you post in BAIC you def know some of these type of tools, but BAIC is like 10000x better then the immature mazdaspeed 3 owners forum!

Key words: Mazda forums + south park cartoon + cobb =
not only are they immature, but they drive like douches too..i had afew that almost ran me off the road, cutting other people off, etc.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Josh, you have a great point. I also notice that these ethugs who mouth off online are usually youngins... I used to not be a forgiving person, and wouldn't accept apologies and would jump the gun and make some pretty crappy mistakes in these sort of situations.. Over the years I have learned to forgive and forget, it's really difficult to be the bigger man and forgive someone then it is to be immature and stay mad at someone.

Being mad is easy, forgiving someone is not.

I'm very forgiving now... I mean, people screw up and get caught up in the moment and say things they really dont mean, especially online as its easy to say something and have it come out totally wrong and all sorts of misunderstands happen...
There are a lot of misunderstandings online, and sarcastic things that are taken totally wrong, people need to realize that mistakes happen, ESPECIALLY online. To the people that don't recognize that and take things like that personally, they really need to grow up and stop acting like 5th graders. One day they will learn and realize how wrong they were and will have to live with the fact that they made complete asses of themselves by not being the bigger man.

Sorry if that didn't make sense, I dont want to go back and edit that cuz I typed it on my i-touch and it takes me forever to post stuff and I hate editing my crap.

I think you guys get my drift.

I really hope someone links the mazda thing. Bunch of losers.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:51 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Cowardice.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:56 PM

My online persona is really different from my real life persona... I joke around A LOT and am very sarcastic, and in real life you can totally tell that I'm joking and I hardly EVER get mad in real life... However, sometimes I say things online that are supposed to be taken as jokes, or sarcasm, but due to the fact that it's hard to portray that sort of thing online, people tend to think Im really serious and a total d-head. If you knew me well in real life you'd know that I am friend and not foe... Life is way too short to be some d-head all the time. I love making people laugh and enjoy making people happy.

Sometimes I just assume that everyone knows my real life persona and in turn understand my online persona, but thats not the case and people totally misunderstand me and treat me like the anti christ. It's like "Jeeeeze!" Why are people so serious all the time? And why do people get so mad about stuff that's said online? (Unless it's something really personal and could potentially harm you in real life). But if the person doesn't know you and gives you some generic insult, its better to laugh then to take it serious... Its something people really need to learn.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Daniel,

Don't let the small stuff get under your skin. I talk **** to people all the time but its all in good fun, so I hope those people don't get to offended. haha
Old 08-12-2009, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
As for Paul,

I hate that guy. Yeah Paul **** YOU!

But seriously...

It was good to meet you guys. hahaha
Old 08-12-2009, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
Daniel,

Don't let the small stuff get under your skin. I talk **** to people all the time but its all in good fun, so I hope those people don't get to offended. haha
Naw, if it was about me I wouldn't care... It was about a friend and his family, some really screwed up things were said.

You all know this person too. I say we do a forum invasion.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:07 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Josh, you have a great point. I also notice that these ethugs who mouth off online are usually youngins... I used to not be a forgiving person, and wouldn't accept apologies and would jump the gun and make some pretty crappy mistakes in these sort of situations.. Over the years I have learned to forgive and forget, it's really difficult to be the bigger man and forgive someone then it is to be immature and stay mad at someone.

Being mad is easy, forgiving someone is not.

That's part of the evolutionary pressure exerted by "success" as we get older. A large part of being able to do business well, or get ahead in a white collar world, to climb the ladder in life has to do with someone's ability to handle delicate interpersonal relationships. Doing so is of course orthogonal to e-thugging lol. Even if we e-thug like hell when we're younger, as we graduate high school / college and start working, most people are going to change due to the pressures exerted on them in the workplace.

I mean, a good salesman who learns to pick his battles negotiating well under pressure is not likely to get baited into a flame war just to "win," right?

And as we get older we have things like a wife, family, job, kids, etc. to worry about. As I get older, I find that although I am still pissed at people on the internet, I just don't care that much anymore because I have other things (like a mortgage) to worry about.

Last edited by verc; 08-12-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:08 PM

Naw, if it was about me I wouldn't care... It was about a friend and his family, some really screwed up things were said.

You all know this person too. I say we do a forum invasion.
I just want to see the post, what forum is it.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:19 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by Overbear
meh, I do it all the time but I have a thick skin. I hang out a lot on the pirate4x4 forum, if you don't have a thick skin there, your going to be butthurt a lot.
dont even mention IFS there...

lol...

Quick Reply: Why do people...