Former Sponsor

Car Info: I got a couple :)
why is brucelee mad?

err ahhhhh I dunnoh ?

who messed up the board ?
Old 02-03-2004, 03:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Um html was enabled, and wagon found it out with a simple html marquee tag (scrolling text)

then i posted an attn alex thread with a few harmless exploits (i had a button that opened up a browser window with www.vividracing.com being the url but it showed mpjperformance as the page.

and a few others

then people started to embed songs into posts and pop up pop up windows and redirect pages, then someone figured out how to make all the icons the ones from nasioc. all sorts of tom foolery.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:34 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally posted by dr3d1zzl3
Um html was enabled, and wagon found it out with a simple html marquee tag (scrolling text)

then i posted an attn alex thread with a few harmless exploits (i had a button that opened up a browser window with www.vividracing.com being the url but it showed mpjperformance as the page.

and a few others

then people started to embed songs into posts and pop up pop up windows and redirect pages, then someone figured out how to make all the icons the ones from nasioc. all sorts of tom foolery.
yeah, dangerous stuff that will absolutely ruin a forum!
Old 02-03-2004, 03:35 PM
VIP Member

Like drop a trojan on everyones computer that comes to iclub, simple stuff like that could have happened, i have the proof of concept code now..
Old 02-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Ze Mole!

Car Info: 2009 Forester X Limited, 1988 BMW 535IS
Yeah, we were just goofing, but Dre brought up a good point about the vulnerabilities of enabling HTML.

We come in peace, but what's to stop someone with less than honorable intentions.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM

and a few others

Yeah, it was lame. We have a community here, and we've spent YEARS creating it... We're not gonna let some small dick fool ruin it for all of us in a matter of minutes. I couldn't even look at some of the threads because IE kept crashing and such. Anyhow, I've been a member for 4 years, and in those 4 years we've had a great community. Then newbies came along and started whoring the place out, and just causing trouble. I've had it. You wonder why I don't post as much anymore? Because of the jackasses. Thats why.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:39 PM
VIP Member

i agree bruce, my intentions werent to cause havoc or raise hell, simply to get html removed from the forums. And yes we were having a bit of fun seeing what was allowed, and unfortunately it was everything.

I stoped way short of doing anything malicious tho (even tho it did work). I am just happy that html is gone now, that was my only concern, as this entire site could have been taken down by one ******* posting a post with a trojan in it.

That was my concern, just happens that there are a few people on here who are geek nuff to know html and they ended up playing around a bit with things.

I am sorry for doing what i did (not for bring it up tho)
Old 02-03-2004, 03:42 PM
VIP Member

Oh and the n00bs arent the issue man, its just the maturation of the community, baic has gotten a lot larger over the last few years. That is a good thing, but along with the good comes a few tards. But no biggie man just ignore them or get used to them
VIP Member

Car Info: some silver thing
Originally posted by brucelee
Yeah, it was lame. We have a community here, and we've spent YEARS creating it... We're not gonna let some small dick fool ruin it for all of us in a matter of minutes. I couldn't even look at some of the threads because IE kept crashing and such. Anyhow, I've been a member for 4 years, and in those 4 years we've had a great community. Then newbies came along and started whoring the place out, and just causing trouble. I've had it. You wonder why I don't post as much anymore? Because of the jackasses. Thats why.
I dunno, I think majority of us came from the split, and started on this forum at the same time. So I wouldn't considered "everybody" newbies.

Tommy
www.mpjperformance.com

Car Info: 2002 WRX
i agree bruce, my intentions werent to cause havoc or raise hell, simply to get html removed from the forums. And yes we were having a bit of fun seeing what was allowed, and unfortunately it was everything.

I stoped way short of doing anything malicious tho (even tho it did work). I am just happy that html is gone now, that was my only concern, as this entire site could have been taken down by one ******* posting a post with a trojan in it.

That was my concern, just happens that there are a few people on here who are geek nuff to know html and they ended up playing around a bit with things.

I am sorry for doing what i did (not for bring it up tho)
im with dre, i didnt think everyone would be so **** about it....

<--- been in BAIC officially since Dec 2001
Old 02-03-2004, 03:45 PM
VIP Member

what ever no drama needs to happen here tonight, the issue is resolved. No more ht ml (thank god)

Granted i think a few of us could have handled it a bit better (no need to imbed music and stuff in multipel threads esp when a thread was started to test things in PR forum.

But what is done is done and now its all cleaned up.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally posted by porkchop
I dunno, I think majority of us came from the split, and started on this forum at the same time. So I wouldn't considered "everybody" newbies.

Tommy
www.mpjperformance.com
NASIOC used to be I-club.. same members, just not under Nick anymore (and the crazy moderation!). So, BAIC has been around for a long while... long before you were a member, long before most of you were members. However, I don't consider most of you n00bs, just using the term "n00b" as a generic term for "imp".

If you don't know what an imp is, look it up.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:46 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
U can probably get rid of this https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...threadid=47229 now since HTML is turned off....not much anyone can really do w/o it.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
I'm a newb!

...and I like bread!
Old 02-03-2004, 03:48 PM
VIP Member

Main Entry: 1imp
Pronunciation: 'imp
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English impe, from Old English impa, from impian to imp