Who's from / in Dublin- CA?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 03:15 PM

Car Info: 05 Impreza CGM
Next town over as well in Livermore. If you have kids that go to school I would look across the freeway to Pleasanton or in San Ramon. When I was looking for a house in 97 Pleasanton and San ramon were the only places I would have sent my kid to public school in that area. So being in Livermore she goes to private school that is in... Dublin. (I guess schools may have improved since 97 but I serioully doubt it ).

cheers

Nick
Old 07-12-2005, 10:40 AM

Car Info: 02 MBP wagon: got groceries?
Yup, we've been pretty satisfied with our child's particular school (Dublin Elementary). Her teachers and the principal have been good and responsive. It's too bad that that school is losing the Principal and a few teachers to startup the new K-8 school over in east Dublin.

Titsaki, actually the school scores have actually improved in Dublin over the last few years. But you are right in that if you're looking for the better schools, San Ramon or P-ton is the way to go.

Badfish, yup, the Hooters in Dublin used to be a CoCo's. It raised a pretty big ruckus among residents when word got out about Hooter's moving in (NIMBY, etc)
Old 07-12-2005, 09:58 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STI
I moved to Dublin from SF in 2003 and i gotta tell ya, east bay got the sun and it nice tonight. Lot's of gear heads in the area. The old timers in Dublin seem to be into the classic cars. You see alot of nice vintage cars and custom bikes in the area. - Cheers, Eddy
Old 07-12-2005, 10:17 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
I live next door in San Ramon, and work in Dublin. Are you moving to Dublin Ranch? It's a good place, except for hacienda on friday nights...
Old 07-12-2005, 10:28 PM

Car Info: 2005 CGM STi
From castro valley too, just a few min away
Old 07-12-2005, 11:45 PM

Car Info: lowered blk04 with no motor
im in pleasanton
Old 07-13-2005, 12:22 AM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX 06 CGM FORESTER XT
Originally Posted by icefire
I moved to Dublin from SF in 2003 and i gotta tell ya, east bay got the sun and it nice tonight. Lot's of gear heads in the area. The old timers in Dublin seem to be into the classic cars. You see alot of nice vintage cars and custom bikes in the area. - Cheers, Eddy
Funny that you mention this - There was an old school car meet a week or so ago in some shopping center parking lot (by target and andersens). The wifey and I saw this as we drove by to do the walk-thru in the house.

Lots of muscle cars from the 70's -cameros -mustangs - and more cameros (even a few replica AC Cobras) etc. - I did get some "subie luv" from someone in a nice gray GC8 though.

DriveFastDaddy- NIMBY=LOLZ about the COCOs/ Hooters- Not In My Back Yard right>?

Last edited by Badfish; 07-13-2005 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:49 AM

Car Info: 02 MBP wagon: got groceries?
yup, NIMBY = not in my backyard...

Dublin's always had this inferiority complex compared to San Ramon and P-ton, sorta like the ugly step-sister thing... so when word of Hooter's got out, the city council fought tooth n' nail to try and derail the transaction... felt that the Hooter's would just perpetuate the 'bad' image... shrug... then again with all the new development going, the town's come along way. I really don't consider myself too much an old-timer, but I will admit things have changed a lot since I've lived there. The big challenge now is trying to update the infrastructure (roads, schools, etc) to met the demands of all the new housing in east dublin.

In regards to the muscle car meet, they used to gather at the Fosters Freeze (or was it DQ?) over on Amador Rd that's since gone out of business. I've always wondered where the meet went; now I know. Really nice looking cars there, and friendly people.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:00 PM

Car Info: 05' WRX Sedan
im in livermore....dublin is my neighbor........REBBAZ, did u go climbing on tuesday? this is egli....