Whos the best cellular company....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Whos the best cellular company....

my contract with Verizon is up in a couple days, I had been hearing about Metro PCS, flat rate $40 unlimited use, unlimited long distance. Anyone use them? Also heard AT&T is much better nowadays. All opinions welcome
Old 08-02-2004, 10:20 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
I was going to say Verizon but...

Try AT&T, couple of my coworkers moved from cingular to AT&T and they are much happier (even though AT&T owns cingular now?).

I personally want the Danger HipTop phone. But fscking t-mobile has an exclusive deal with them right now. If verizon or AT&T had the hiptop, I would switch to that in 2 seconds flat.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
i have verizon
Old 08-02-2004, 10:31 AM

Car Info: 04 Impreza WRX
I have AT&T...it sucks where I live in Fremont. I guess the service all depends on where you are. I get service underground at bart in S.F. and my brother doesn't and he has verizon. However, in Fremont, he gets better service. You should check out those charts that the service providers have that show you how strong their signal is in different areas.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:34 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
I have had cinuglar since it was pacbell, for ~ 6 years now.

I have not had any problems with it so far, yet some people say they do..

btw cingular owns at&t...their networks are probably going to be fully joined soon...I have heard rumours that it will be by december, but who knows..
Old 08-02-2004, 10:39 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX (Black)
Sprint.... ATT sucks!
Old 08-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Ze Mole!

Car Info: 2009 Forester X Limited, 1988 BMW 535IS
I paid the $175 to get out of my contract with AT&T, that's how much I think they suck.

Verizon Rules
Old 08-02-2004, 10:51 AM

I've had ATT since it was cingular one. Their customer service sucks ***. I'm switching to T-Mobile as soon as my new phone comes in. T-Mobile piggybacks cingulars networks and have their own towers too.

Nextel just was awarded some new frequency and might be improving their service in the next few yeears.

ATT customer service is so horrible, i'll never reccommend them to anyone.

Thank god for number portability!!
Old 08-02-2004, 10:54 AM

Car Info: GDA
Originally Posted by Akira-R
Thank god for number portability!!
amen, brotha!!!

AT&T does suck! i get no reception at my house in SJ and reception is spotty depending where i go. i'm ditching them and going to verizon soon.

db
Old 08-02-2004, 12:00 PM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
I have tried AT&T, cingular, Sprint, and Verizon. and my ex had tmobile. here's my experience.

When i had AT&T they were still the old network which was the bomb. the new GSM coverage sucks. absolutely no coverage at my house. Cingular REALLY stank coverage wise. i didnt get reception anywhere. maybe the cheap nokia phone had bad reception. who knows. i think they have improved though cause my friend has cingular and he is pretty happy with it. Right now i have verizon. i good reception everywhere.. EXCEPT my house. i got better reception in the santa cruz mountains than i do at home. i get 0-1 bars at home. at least it still works. just drops sometimes though. Tmobile sucked coverage-wise EVERYWHERE. I'll never go to them.

I'd haveta say Sprint was the best that i have tried. i had good reception everywhere. east bay, SF, south bay, sac. only bad thing about sprint is their text messaging service sux cause u gotta log into the web for it. i heard they changed that though recently.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:06 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by HongKongBeef
I have tried AT&T, cingular, Sprint, and Verizon. and my ex had tmobile. here's my experience.

When i had AT&T they were still the old network which was the bomb. the new GSM coverage sucks. absolutely no coverage at my house. Cingular REALLY stank coverage wise. i didnt get reception anywhere. maybe the cheap nokia phone had bad reception. who knows. i think they have improved though cause my friend has cingular and he is pretty happy with it. Right now i have verizon. i good reception everywhere.. EXCEPT my house. i got better reception in the santa cruz mountains than i do at home. i get 0-1 bars at home. at least it still works. just drops sometimes though. Tmobile sucked coverage-wise EVERYWHERE. I'll never go to them.

I'd haveta say Sprint was the best that i have tried. i had good reception everywhere. east bay, SF, south bay, sac. only bad thing about sprint is their text messaging service sux cause u gotta log into the web for it. i heard they changed that though recently.
Verizon sucks in orinda...whenever someone is @ my place with a verizon phone they dont ahve reception....cingular and at&t work @ my place though
Old 08-02-2004, 12:35 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
AT&T is about to be cingular. Cingular bought a majority ownership in the company..run while you still can.

I had cingular since it was pacbell...bought 7 years. When it was pacbell wireless I freaking loved it. No problems ever. Since it became cingular my coverage has gotten worse and worse and their customer service has gotten worse and worse. Recently they started to mess up on my billing and started shutting my phone off. Each time it cost me $36 to get it going again. Freaking blew. I'd pay what I saw on the bill but since the bill was wrong it would show up in their computer that I still owed like $25 or something....freakin scam. I mean I work for the damn company and they were treating me like ****. I finally left and got Verizon.

Verizon has been great since I got it. I rarely drop calls. My coverate is way WAY better than I had with cingular and their phones are better. Not to mention the people are much nicer to deal with. Bit more expensive for similar plans.

Metro is horrible. it is unlimited long distance and what not but your coverage area is very very limited. I mean if you ever go out of the bay area you're screwed.

Nextel has been good for my friends...but expensive. Good if you have a bunch of people on it. Kinda like verizon. Everyone I know is on verizon so it rarely counts against my minutes when I talk to them.

T Mobile goes from area to area. They basically use everyones towers. Whoever is the strongest you use theirs. Primarily Cingular and AT&T towers I think. It seems ok for the people I know...and you can use the side kick. I like that thing. Kinda big but cool.

So for anyone that travels..especially up and down the west coast...verizon is the best I've been around.

I mean my family has had it for a long time and I can't tell you how many times they've had coverage and my cingular phone didn't. Now pretty much everyone I call has verizon. My phone worked at Trinity Lake....an hour above shasta...about as far out there as you can get...perfectly clear signal....roaming though.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
AT&T spanks all. For service anyway. For phones they are just ok.

Quick Reply: Whos the best cellular company....