Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Who are you for BJ Penn or GSP??????

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:59 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Gsp!!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:18 PM

Car Info: .
BJ is cocky for good reason. Anyone around during the golden age at Ralph's can attest to that. No one can touch a properly prepared BJ, but that arrogance is his own worst enemy.

I laughed when GSP said BJ won't show him anything new one the ground. BJ has forgotten more about jiu jitsu than GSP knows.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
GSP will have the advantage as he is in the weight class he belongs, BJ Penn had to gain weight and unless he did it properly, which he has a streak of laziness when training, he will not have the strength. As long as GSP is in teh shape he was when he dismantled Matt Serra, he will destroy BJ.
I just hope its a good fight and either way, they are both great fighters.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:09 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by VRT Gump
GSP will have the advantage as he is in the weight class he belongs, BJ Penn had to gain weight and unless he did it properly, which he has a streak of laziness when training, he will not have the strength. As long as GSP is in teh shape he was when he dismantled Matt Serra, he will destroy BJ.
Hahaha, BJ heard he had to bulk and got back on the milkshake and burrito diet. That is a real diet according to BJ.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:12 PM

Car Info: 98 RS, 69 camaro, 02 wrx
Originally Posted by VRT Gump
As long as GSP is in teh shape he was when he dismantled Matt Serra, he will destroy BJ.
I don't think anybody can really destroy BJ. GSP didn't even do any damage in the first fight, he just got point for a bunch of takedowns. I know GSP is a lot better now compared to then but so is BJ!

Even when Hughes TKO'd BJ in their 2nd fight, he didn't even get messed up, he was just too gassed to do anything.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:29 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by SubieFoo
I don't think anybody can really destroy BJ. GSP didn't even do any damage in the first fight, he just got point for a bunch of takedowns. I know GSP is a lot better now compared to then but so is BJ!

Even when Hughes TKO'd BJ in their 2nd fight, he didn't even get messed up, he was just too gassed to do anything.
yeah that fight bummed me out. It looked like BJ had him then he just gassed and gave up.

He seems to be talking like he's actually interested in being a champion so hopefully those times are behind us. He looked GREAT in his 155 fights.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
my vote for GSP
Old 01-30-2009, 05:47 PM

Car Info: Silver Subaru WRX 2005 (STI wing and interior)
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
You true fight fans see this...

Helio Gracie, the father of Gracie jiu-jitsu, is dead at the age of 95. Gracie passed in his sleep early Thursday in Itaipaiva, Rio de Janeiro, after he had been admitted to a local hospital a few days prior for stomach problems.

“He passed the way he always wanted to –- quick and fast,” said an immediate relative, who asked not to be identified. The relative said Gracie’s body would be buried on Thursday.

The youngest of Cesalina and Gastao Gracie’s eight children, he learned traditional jiu-jitsu by watching his brother, Carlos, teach it, but his small frame made it difficult for him to execute the moves. As a result, he adapted techniques to fit his limited physical ability and gave rise to modern-day Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

Gracie was involved in two legendary fights. He lost to Masahiko Kimura -- a man who outweighed him by some 40 pounds -- in 1951 when Carlos threw in the towel after Kimura broke Gracie’s arm with the shoulder lock that now bears his name. Four years later, Gracie fought former student Valdemar Santana for nearly four hours before losing.

His impact on the sport of mixed martial arts was profound. His son, Rorion, was credited with developing the concept that became the Ultimate Fighting Championship, and another of his sons, Royce, won the first two UFC tournaments in 1993 and 1994. Two other sons, Rickson and Royler, also competed in MMA.

Gracie is survived by his wife Vera; his sons Rickson, Royler, Rolker, Royce, Relson, Robin and Rorion; his daughters Rerika and Ricci, as well as numerous siblings, nieces, nephews, and grandchildren.

RIP
thats so sad. RIP a legend

back to the topic at hand

personally think BJ Penn talks a big game but he is past his prime. GSP has been an amazing fighter and is humble. He never says "oh im going to kill him, blah blah blah" becuase he knows that he will win, he doesnt need to tell everyone that he is going to do it, he just does.

even if GSP doesnt win he is still an amazing fighter. I personally think it takes a bigger man to not talk smack then it does to talk smack

thats just me.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by wocabin

and i agree, i bet most guys on ufc are paid to act violent on camera and talk trash.
that or they get a percentage of the show's PPV revenue. Chuck Liddell made a fortune off of that.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:56 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
BJ Penn is 30
GSP is 27.

I don't think either of them are done winning belts or anywhere near past their prime.

This look past someone's prime to you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Qr5...ext=1&index=38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6f1a...next=1&index=5
Just saying...
Old 01-30-2009, 09:07 PM

bj bj bj

bj bj bj bj bj!!!!! but gsp is one of my favs though.....
Old 01-30-2009, 09:19 PM

Bruce Buffer: The judges in this poll score the bout 22-18 St Pierre, winner by unanimous decision....and still welterweight champion......Georges.....Rush St Pierreeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

lol
Old 01-30-2009, 09:27 PM

edit: dbl post sorry
Old 01-30-2009, 09:58 PM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT
For the record, BJ separated a rib while taking matt hughes' back in the second round of that fight. That's why he didn't put up any resistance in the third round. BJ's lack of conditioning is overrated. He's been in 5 round wars with Caol Uno and Jens Pulver and went 3 rounds with Lyoto Machida, something Rich Franklin and Stephan Bonnar couldn't do. The dude is a legend in MMA for a reason. Nevertheless, you can't deny GSP's abilities. This fight is 50/50 and won't go all 5 rounds. Someone is going to get destroyed.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
As an aside, I'd love to see BJ Penn fight Aoki Shinya

Quick Reply: Who are you for BJ Penn or GSP??????