Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Who are you for BJ Penn or GSP??????

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:02 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Calsoldier
Not unless you're Fedor.
I think PRIDE was a lot different than the UFC.

The UFC is designed for the blood hungry americans. Its more crap talking. Pumped up. Vendettas. Etc.

There was much less in trash talking in PRIDE as it was designed for the Japanese market that looks down on it.

There are a lot of guys that keep their mouth's shut and a lot of guys that trash talk. It's part of their game and part of their marketing. For me the guy that talks the most is the first to go down (in the real world). But these guys get paid to be marketable and do what they're told. I think there are a LOT worse guys than BJ in the game. Look at that douche brazillian that came in over weight Pahlo Filo (Sp.). To me that's MUCH more disrespectful to the guy your fighting.

Want to talk about cocky... look at matt hughes face when he fights. He thinks the guy on the other side of him can't touch him. That's part of his mind frame. Very cocky dude. But also a very respectful fighter.

I love GSP and the way he fights but he's got some cocky in him too.
"was not impressed" seems to ring a bell as a quote from GSP.

Hell I love the Diaz brothers and they're cocky as **** but also respect those that are respectable in the ring.

For me its all about how they are in the ring and how they treat the other fighters. Like T.O. people hate that dude but no body brings it harder on the field.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:04 PM
General Pimpin'

plus... BJ's from Hilo. When's the last time you met someone from Hilo that wasn't cocky.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy

I love GSP and the way he fights but he's got some cocky in him too.
"was not impressed" seems to ring a bell as a quote from GSP.

That was all Dana White there. He told GSP to come into the ring and start talking crap so that they'd set up and hype up the next championship fight. I remember watching GSP being interviewed about that and he specifically said that he was told to talk crap.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:21 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
That was all Dana White there. He told GSP to come into the ring and start talking crap so that they'd set up and hype up the next championship fight. I remember watching GSP being interviewed about that and he specifically said that he was told to talk crap.
And if I remember correctly, Hughes did look like crap in that fight anyway. It isn't **** talking it its the truth.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:23 PM
General Pimpin'

That's EXACTLY what I've been saying? That's what I meant when I said this...
"But these guys get paid to be marketable and do what they're told."

From what I've read a lot of these guys that come off cocky are super laid back guys in person and way cool.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:24 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Spoolin415
And if I remember correctly, Hughes did look like crap in that fight anyway. It isn't **** talking it its the truth.

haaaa. word.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:28 PM
SG5

Car Info: www.hellaflush.com
As much as I like both of them as a fighter. My vote is for BJ Penn, but he's in for a challenge. But still, BJ PENN FTMFW!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:47 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
BJ needs to quit eating at the shrimp trucks and do some running. I predict GSP will win by 2nd round KO.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:52 PM

if GSP wins, I want to see him move up to middleweight and go after Anderson Silva's belt.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:26 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by irrational x
and allot of chub.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:32 PM

Car Info: 2006 2.5i
I have always hated GSP, but after watching primetime the last few weeks I don't feel like BJ can hang. I just don't feel confident about his attitude. It's as if he's trying to convince himself he can do it.

I'm REALLY looking foward to seeing Machida fight again. Give the man his belt shot!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:41 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
lol chub actually helps in a fight.

i got lessons from Ralph Gracie and he is one angry guy. in fact i talked to some other people who got lessons from other gracies and they all seem to be angry lol. maybe just a fighter thing. maybe just a gracie thing.

i think BJ is a natural brawler. the traditional fighter.
while GSP is the hightech background computer generated fighter. with data of stats and endurance and all that techy stuff.

im guna go with BJ.

and i agree, i bet most guys on ufc are paid to act violent on camera and talk trash.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I'd like to watch BJ get knocked out just because it's not something you see very often and his time is due... I actually like both fighters equally and don't really prefer either, it'll be a good fight but I think BJ will win.

BJ has a really strange body... He looks out of shape, slow, and not explosive at all, but as we all know from watching him, that's the complete opposite.

In the past BJ has been seen as a 3 round fighter with just about all of his steam running out in the 3rnd and final round. He's never been known for his cardio but apparently he's turned his game around and started focusing on his cardio which is the smartest thing he could have done.

BJ could have already been a two title champion but never had a champion's mentality... Apparently he's turned it all around and has been training like he should have been in the past so we'll see if our 3 round BJ has turned into a 5-7 round champion... That sounds really bad...

But yeah, no matter how in shape BJ is, he still looks like beer chugging bar fly... You'd never guess he was such a heavy handed, explosive, uber flexible (Most flexible fighther Ive ever seen) grappling, boxing machine.

GSP is an overall good fighter but lacks a lot of the abilities that BJ possess so it'll be interesting to see.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:13 PM

Car Info: 98 RS, 69 camaro, 02 wrx
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
If you look at the Hughes-Penn fight, BJ took way too much energy on take-down defense and look what happened to him. He got owned in the 3rd round. He takes pride in defense, but at the same time he doesn't think about the amount of energy it takes him to play defense.
I think BJ got tired at the end of round two because he was trying to finish his triangle choke and armbar. He had both submissions and was using all his energy to finish the fight.

I don't think he gets that tired from take down defense because that comes naturally in BJJ. He probably gets the most tired from wrestling since Hughes and GSP are such great wrestlers.

Its gonna be a KO or submission victory for Penn before the 4th or GSP wins by decision.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
plus... BJ's from Hilo. When's the last time you met someone from Hilo that wasn't cocky.

Quick Reply: Who are you for BJ Penn or GSP??????