Who would win in a race? Tuned STi VS a 2010 G37S

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Who would win in a race? Tuned STi VS a 2010 G37S

I have a friend who owns a G37S and he and I are going to go do some laps at T-Hill (I drive his car, he drives mine, and then we switch). He has the high end model (whatever the sporty model is). He also has some go fat bits that he wont tell me about but I think it's just a CAI and catback

My STi has a Cobb access port with RS*R 3" Catback plus fully synthetic fluids all around and some weight savings (almost 80lbs gone).

Who do you think will win? I'm pretty sure my car will pwn his, but he's the biggest ish talker you could ever imagine and he swears his car will destroy mine, which I think is pretty funny.

The only other time Ive raced him was in the 1/4 mile but it was soaking wet so needless to say I won by like 8 car lengths thanks to my lucky launch (Thank you AWD).

Honestly, on a road course, twisties and 1/4 mile, who do you think will dominate?

EDIT: I have a 2007 STi with a COBB AP VA Mike's tuning + a bunch of weight savings. The car also has a much lower stance for aero purposes jk he might even pull out the 50 shot of juice on the day of. I think I'm ahead even if he does have a 50 shot.

Remember, this is all on the track, so no street racing is to be had.

Last edited by brucelee; 01-02-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:34 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Just go film a roll on race on the freeway to get it over with already.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by subie OCD
Just go film a roll on race on the freeway to get it over with already.
We're not stupid, no street racing at all no matter how desperate we are to race. It will either happen at T-hill or Streets Of Willow.

We're also on the same tires, Hankook RS-2's that we use for track days so it should even things out a bit.

Im pretty sure his car is a manual. Those cars came in manual., right? If it's an auto I know I'll slaughter him.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:46 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
the g37 will take you if he can drive, the S is great on the track! I'll have to give this one to your friend Dan
Old 01-02-2011, 05:48 PM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by brucelee

My STi has a Cobb access port with RS*R 3" Catback plus fully synthetic fluids all around and some weight savings (almost 80lbs gone).
I did not know that "fully synthetic fluids" was considered a power mod

Honestly, I would check C&D, or Top Gear to see what their lap times were with a professional driver at the wheel.

I do know that the G35-37/350-370 are well balanced cars...
Old 01-02-2011, 05:54 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
Well if his car destroys yours he better be insured, j/k.
I`m curious to know what the end results are, but I feel that your car will win.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:00 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
G37S is heavier, but has better response because it's NA. If he is a great hotshoe, he can take your STi
Old 01-02-2011, 06:01 PM

Car Info: WRB 03(sold) AW 03(sold) 02 Taco!
Who's the better driver?
Old 01-02-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by aboothman

Honestly, I would check C&D, or Top Gear to see what their lap times were with a professional driver at the wheel.

I do know that the G35-37/350-370 are well balanced cars...
Only reason I mentioned the fully synth fluids is because I just had it done and it makes shifting so much easier compared to the sluged up stock tranny fluid.

I can't remember but I think my car had 245 to the wheels the last time I got dyno'd... With just a COBB AP and Tune by Mioke.

G37's came in manual configs, right? If he's in an Auto he's going to get pwn3d. I've ridden in his car and it is quick, but lacks the oomph that the STi has. His car is very linear but still quick. He's never dynoed it. Anyone know what kind of numbers a stock G37S is putting down HP wise? Also, how much does his car weigh? I know he has huge *** 19" (maybe 20?) inch wheels which are ridiculously large, they have to weigh a lot compared to my forged BBS's. (17")
Old 01-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by aboothman
I thought the same thing
Old 01-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Only reason I mentioned the fully synth fluids is because I just had it done and it makes shifting so much easier compared to the sluged up stock tranny fluid.

I can't remember but I think my car had 245 to the wheels the last time I got dyno'd... With just a COBB AP and Tune by Mioke.

G37's came in manual configs, right? If he's in an Auto he's going to get pwn3d. I've ridden in his car and it is quick, but lacks the oomph that the STi has. His car is very linear but still quick. He's never dynoed it. Anyone know what kind of numbers a stock G37S is putting down HP wise? Also, how much does his car weigh? I know he has huge *** 19" (maybe 20?) inch wheels which are ridiculously large, they have to weigh a lot compared to my forged BBS's. (17")
http://tinyurl.com/34n7v65
Old 01-02-2011, 06:05 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
how do you not remember if his car is auto or manual if you've ridden in it lol. That's the first thing I check in every car I get in
Old 01-02-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by 03'EyeBug
Who's the better driver?
We're both really equal in the driving dept. Im not that good with his car and he's not that good with mine. Hoewver I know my car like the back of my hand and know it's limits thanks to the track days Ive done over the past 10 years (Prolly like 16-20 track days since 2000. I'd have done more but $$$ and marriage ****ed me)
Old 01-02-2011, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by woocabin
how do you not remember if his car is auto or manual if you've ridden in it lol. That's the first thing I check in every car I get in
It was a long time ago and I don't recall. I didn't drive it, I just drove in it. I'm pretty sure it's manual because I think I would have remembered an Auto tranny if he had one.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:10 PM

Car Info: 2002 something
Originally Posted by woocabin
It was a long time ago and I don't recall. I didn't drive it, I just drove in it. I'm pretty sure it's manual because I think I would have remembered an Auto tranny if he had one.
What?

You cant remember if its auto or manual, but you think its manual because you would remember if it was an auto

Quick Reply: Who would win in a race? Tuned STi VS a 2010 G37S