View Poll Results: Will you be getting the new iPhone?
Hell yea!
48.74%
Nope, I'm happy with what I have
51.26%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Who will be getting The new iPhone 4, NOT verizon customers haha!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 08:27 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by rau
Where's the " **** THE iPhone and **** ATT" Option?
Yea. Where's the "Tell AT&T to upgrade their networks, then I'll decide then." option?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
Originally Posted by Overbear
It is, like all of apple products, marketed and sold to people who are not capable of thinking beyond a one button mouse.
Wow. I guess you don't listen to any music, watch any TV, or movies then, cause all that **** is made by people who... (see above)
Old 06-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
I'll wait till work gets me one!

GOOOOO MAPPLE!!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
I'll wait till work gets me one!

GOOOOO MAPPLE!!
hey! how about you buy one and give ME the one your work gets you
Old 06-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
hey! how about you buy one and give ME the one your work gets you
Don't be cheap edgarmandy!

It's only 199$

Old 06-07-2010, 11:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
Don't be cheap edgarmandy!

It's only 199$

i will BEAT YOU!

BTW, ALL: BEWARE OF wimprezax06
<------------------
Old 06-08-2010, 05:37 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by SR20steve
(don't lie you know thats the truth, you android folks have iPods as well, lol )
Nope, I have a zune HD. I will not give money to apple tell they change their practice of using non industry standard software and hardware.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:34 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
i'm an apple fanboy/user, macbook, ipod touch, shareholder... but as long as it's only on at&t, no deal. google recently snagged palm's webOS UI designer since HP is not looking to get in the smartphone business (sad and kind of dumb). this hopefully means android will have an awesome interface within 6 months. right now, it's interface is woefully behind iOS and the android bugs drive me insane (<warning>please charge phone, only 95% battery remains<warning>). google will get it right.

microsoft, sadly, takes the wrong approach to developing OS's. i think there are brilliant people at microsoft that are under poor direction. their approach on their mobile platforms has to try to shrink a desktop level OS to work on a smartphone. they need to build a smartphone OS from the ground up. the engineers could do it if someone let them and probably do a kickass job.

the competition is heating up. win win for all.

Originally Posted by LOL Vtec
The iphone was supposed to be for buisness
disagree.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:21 AM

Car Info: 4日本車
Anyone who is smart will not be getting a I-phone anything. The locked down nature of the OS, the fact they don't get flash, and the non industry standard practices make for a **** phone.
Have to say that this is such a major deal breaker for me. It's the reason I switched from my iPhone 3GS to the EVO 4G. I have always hated the inability to visit a lot of the sites that I like to read daily because they're Flash-based, or that when I visit some of these sites, I am redirected to a "special" site for "mobile" users, which basically means iPhone users now because we can't view the regular site that uses Flash. I disliked my windows mobile phone before my 3GS, but not because of the phone's size, design, or WinMo, but because the hardware specs were simply not up to snuff to handle running an inefficient mobile OS like WinMo smoothly, and the touch-screen was terrible compared to the iPhone.

I can finally own a phone other than the iPhone now that the main user features like excellent touch-screen quality, high-resolution display, efficient and open mobile OS (Android), excellent phone hardware specs to handle the demands of a fully-featured touch-screen phone, and support for Flash so that you can view the internet (not just some of it, but all of it). I think my iPhone 3GS is a great phone, and the iPhone 4 and iOS4 look like good improvements to the existing model, but because Steve Jobs is Steve Jobs, the iPhone is still restricted by what it can or can't do with regard to compatibility between it and the rest of the cellular world and the internet. I only wish he could see that the iPhone COULD be the phone to buy. If only he had allowed Flash on iOS4, and opened his platform so that we could make and install any software we want (without jailbreaking), this could have been THE phone to have. Yes AT&T is craptastic for call dropping (been with them for like 6 years now, so I'm not some anti-AT&T individual), but it would have been bearable for a phone that didn't make compromises. Shame on you Jobs, c'est de rigueur at Apple these days it seems.

Luckily the EVO 4G came along to satisfy my needs. Also luckily for me, I have used Sprint in my area in the past, with great results, so there was no question for me as to whether I would have good service in my area or not. I love having almost 1" of extra display size when watching youtube, or any other high-quality videos.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:23 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
on the apple site, but useful for all... there's a chrome web store too.
http://www.apple.com/webapps/index.html
Old 06-08-2010, 09:25 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
I will not give money to apple tell they change their practice of using non industry standard software and hardware.
Response for "software" part of the comment:

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

Response for Hardware part of the comment:
so the **** what? how does Apple differ in any way from other hardware manufacturers? Its not like you can take a mobo from a dell laptop an throw it in a Toshiba or something...

all electronics manufacturers use "non standard" hardware... if everyone used the same **** all the time how would we get any kind of innovation?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Thanks for the extremely helpful review vodka! As you know, I've been waiting to upgrade my Tilt2 for a while and this is really helpful, especially since you were rocking the iPhone last time I saw you. I just figure the longer I wait the better they'll get and since our contract is up in December, I'm going to try to hold out until then so we have the option of jumping ship (or going in on a family plan with my immediate family to save a few $$).

-Brian
Old 06-08-2010, 10:11 AM

Car Info: '05 black c6
I'm stuck with AT&T due to a family plan I have. Can I use the EVO on AT&T or am I stuck with apple?

...and, before words of pity for staying with AT&T come my way, I honestly have not experienced many, if not any at all, dropped calls, so that part doesnt bother me.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:11 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by Batto
I'm stuck with AT&T due to a family plan I have. Can I use the EVO on AT&T or am I stuck with apple?

...and, before words of pity for staying with AT&T come my way, I honestly have not experienced many, if not any at all, dropped calls, so that part doesnt bother me.
No you can't only t mobile and AT&T use a sim chip. One huge problem with Sprint and Verizon is that they DON'T use a sim card like every phone in other parts of the world. Verizon is going to change all of the towers soon so that they can also run on a sim network, and when that happens verizon will have to take down %50 of the cell towers they are using right now and service will blow. As for Sprint the only reason they are still a company is because the CEO Dan Hesse is dumping millions of his own money into the company of month haha.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:14 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by vodka
Have to say that this is such a major deal breaker for me. It's the reason I switched from my iPhone 3GS to the EVO 4G. I have always hated the inability to visit a lot of the sites that I like to read daily because they're Flash-based, or that when I visit some of these sites, I am redirected to a "special" site for "mobile" users, which basically means iPhone users now because we can't view the regular site that uses Flash. I disliked my windows mobile phone before my 3GS, but not because of the phone's size, design, or WinMo, but because the hardware specs were simply not up to snuff to handle running an inefficient mobile OS like WinMo smoothly, and the touch-screen was terrible compared to the iPhone.

I can finally own a phone other than the iPhone now that the main user features like excellent touch-screen quality, high-resolution display, efficient and open mobile OS (Android), excellent phone hardware specs to handle the demands of a fully-featured touch-screen phone, and support for Flash so that you can view the internet (not just some of it, but all of it). I think my iPhone 3GS is a great phone, and the iPhone 4 and iOS4 look like good improvements to the existing model, but because Steve Jobs is Steve Jobs, the iPhone is still restricted by what it can or can't do with regard to compatibility between it and the rest of the cellular world and the internet. I only wish he could see that the iPhone COULD be the phone to buy. If only he had allowed Flash on iOS4, and opened his platform so that we could make and install any software we want (without jailbreaking), this could have been THE phone to have. Yes AT&T is craptastic for call dropping (been with them for like 6 years now, so I'm not some anti-AT&T individual), but it would have been bearable for a phone that didn't make compromises. Shame on you Jobs, c'est de rigueur at Apple these days it seems.

Luckily the EVO 4G came along to satisfy my needs. Also luckily for me, I have used Sprint in my area in the past, with great results, so there was no question for me as to whether I would have good service in my area or not. I love having almost 1" of extra display size when watching youtube, or any other high-quality videos.
Great review man! No doubt that phone is a kick *** device. The good thing about all company's now is they choice in phone and networks that can fit everyone's needs!

Last edited by 04caliwrx; 06-08-2010 at 11:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Who will be getting The new iPhone 4, NOT verizon customers haha!