Wheres a good place to get SnowBoard Gear?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 03:04 PM

Car Info: 2003 Impreza OBS
Looks like no one mentioned Winter Sports Warehouse in Santa Clara. They're open only during the winter.

The carry a new line of Atomic boards that are sick! Atomic has been making skiis for years and their boards are dope. They do a diamond plate type thing on the tops of the boards and it makes them pretty sturdy.

The boards seem to have a lot of pop and everyone I see that rides them, loves them. I swooped a Custom right before I went there and was pissed.

Anway, WSW has some really good deals.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:08 PM

Car Info: (2005 OBP STi - RIP), 2008 BMW M3
Originally Posted by r_master
get flow bindings. i just tried them this saturday and i love em. so comfy~
I've been riding FLOWS for about 2 seasons. They're great for an all around ride, but they're not that rigid. So if you're looking for something with more customizable adjustments, get some ratchet bindings. The best advice I can give on getting gear is, don't skimp on the boots. If you think about it, you're in the the whole day, so get something that will be comfortable. That's just my two cents.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:25 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Metallic Silver
Well I just lost a good chunk on gambling on some football games. Bah. And I just bought this super cool Creative Portable Media Center thing for $200 (retails about $500) off a friend brand new so had to buy it. So I might just have to wait the week before xmas or PM HectorWRX . My brother's name is HECTOR!

This is what I got.
http://www.creative.com/products/pro...1&product=9882

Thanks for the info fellow suby dudes.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:21 AM

Car Info: 2017 WRB WRX Premium
Originally Posted by chrisok5
Looks like no one mentioned Winter Sports Warehouse in Santa Clara. They're open only during the winter.
That's where I get all of my gear at. I got my board, bindings and jacket there. Awesome prices!!!

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
Old 11-10-2004, 09:21 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
If you go atomic....

DO NOT ge the hatchet...it's a piece of crap. And do not get the Don. It is not a beginner board..too stiff, too fast..not nearly forgiving enough for a beginner.

personally not the biggest fan of atomic boards..but the Don is built pretty well...just not a beginner board. Rips for a more experienced rider that rides hard in the back country.

Good beginner boards that would last you a couple years are some of the lower end Burtons, Rides, and it hurts me to say it..but Sims and Rossi.

flows are great bindings for beginners and for lighter riders. My brother rode em for years. I won't ride em because I ride hard and I weigh about 230 pounds. not a good mix for flows. my brother is up to about 200 and has quit riding flows..his last set took a crap. He's on the ride team binding now.

So yeah....that's just my thoughts on the atomic line.