Wheres a good place to get SnowBoard Gear?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 02:55 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Metallic Silver
Wheres a good place to get SnowBoard Gear?

I remember someone posted last year on some deals on some stuff. At least I think it was last year.... but yeah. Going snowboarding in 2-3 weeks and wondered if anyone here knows any good places to get some gear.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:26 AM

Car Info: GDA
you can try tri-city...huge selection of gear. as for deals, you won't find much now that it's the beginning of a new ski season. most stores will have huge sales at the end of the season.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:00 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
i know in sac, at cal expo, they have a ski and snowboard show every year...you can buy last year's stuff at up to 75% off. when I went last year, I saw a complete burton/ride package (board, bindings, boots) for $149. Obviously it wasn't top of the line burton, just a basic board, but for that price...it's an awesome deal. I saw LAMAR (cheapo Big 5 and Sportsmart brand) packages for $79.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Cup
VIP Member

Car Info: fast
on the subject of snowboarding gear, whats the heads up with Millennium-Three snowboards? I cant find a company website, but from "reviews", they seem ok. I'm in the market for a new board and I might be going with one of these, so if anybody ever owned one, tell me how you liked it. Please, no Burton fanboys.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by Cup
on the subject of snowboarding gear, whats the heads up with Millennium-Three snowboards? I cant find a company website, but from "reviews", they seem ok. I'm in the market for a new board and I might be going with one of these, so if anybody ever owned one, tell me how you liked it. Please, no Burton fanboys.
voila! here ya go, brah! btw, i, myself, think one of the best boards for the past several years running is the burton custom! awesome deck for all-around riding! just my $0.02
also, this is another good place to snoop around for the latest 411!
happy shreddin'!!!

Last edited by boardoholic; 11-07-2004 at 01:24 AM. Reason: gramma' erro'
Old 11-07-2004, 01:07 AM

Car Info: WRX
hey bro i work at sportmart in san jose you should come see the stuff we have. right now we have all the top brand in stock whatever you need the best deals are at sportmart and it you do go there just hit me up a PM and maybe we can set something up and i will let you know what time i work and you can check out my suby Late

HectWRX

P.S. 680 blossom hill RD
San jose Ca 95123
Old 11-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Cup
VIP Member

Car Info: fast
Ii feel a tad bit disappointed I couldn't find that \: Thanks though

Hector: I'll be sure to PM you thanks!
Old 11-07-2004, 10:49 PM

Car Info: GDA
Originally Posted by boardoholic
btw, i, myself, think one of the best boards for the past several years running is the burton custom!
i'll have to agree...the custom is a great board. i switch b/t my NS premiere, ride timeless, and custom...i have to say i love the edge on the burton. it also has just about the right amount of pop for the way i ride.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:53 AM

Car Info: a car with 4 wheels
always get your gears near the end of the season at tri-city, 40%-505 off.... don't get it now....

if you live around... PM sometime.. i will go with you...if i'm free...n u r free...

alan'04
Old 11-08-2004, 08:04 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
PM Lowball

he's got the hook ups

-Gagan
Old 11-08-2004, 10:43 AM

Car Info: PSM WRX
get flow bindings. i just tried them this saturday and i love em. so comfy~
Old 11-08-2004, 11:01 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
tri-city rips for gear. They have reasonable prices and great variety.

just before christmas it drops to 30% OFF...if I remember correctly. Only problem with tri-city is that they run out quick. Last season they had a board and jacket I wanted bad. I came in. They had a couple jackets and a couple of the boards...both top of the line...talking $400 jacket and $550 board. 4 days later.....all gone.

so if they have it when you're there...GET IT.

beyond that...if you go to santa cruz you can try pacific surf down town. They don't have the hugest variety but they can get you what you need and they carry santa cruz boards and some really good gear. other santa cruz places are go skate by the boardwalk and Skate Works.

I've been getting gear from Skateworks for 11 years..... 14 if you count my skate gear. Family owned. Great place. Plus they have a couple of swaps during the year and you can get some good deals. i sold a brand new $300 plus pair of boots for $150 there.

also...Cabrillo college has a huge swap every year. Can't remember when but when I hear about it I'll let you know. Year before last they had probably 300 boards. 100 pairs of boots and TONS of gloves and clothes and stuff. My brother picked up a pair of boots and a santa cruz board for like $450. both brand new.

Redwood city has a Go Skate and Any Mountain that are usually pretty good as well.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:12 PM

Car Info: 02 Red OBS
since we are on the subject of snowboards, could you guys recommand any decent beginner boards not too expensive also, say less than $300? I'm planning on going 3-4 times this winter. Thanks
Old 11-08-2004, 02:39 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by big nasty
since we are on the subject of snowboards, could you guys recommand any decent beginner boards not too expensive also, say less than $300? I'm planning on going 3-4 times this winter. Thanks
burton's lower end boards are a really good bang for buck combo.

but at this point size is more important than quality. you want to make certain that you have the correct size board..something you are comfortable with.

personally I'd pick something up used. Check criagslist or one of the swaps that happen after thanksgiving. or check the classified here. I see them pop up every now and again.

I'd sell you one of my set ups but I hold on to what is rideable to use as loaners for friends and to teach people on.

Good luck finding something you like.

Quick Reply: Wheres a good place to get SnowBoard Gear?