Where to buy blitz nur spec silencer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 11:27 AM

Where to buy blitz nur spec silencer?

anyone know where i can get this piece.

i LOVE my nurspec, but the police do not. pulled over 4 times so far (no tickets)

figure taht i just put in my cage and ripped out my back seats, and i still drive it on the street, if i get pulled over again they are gonna have all the more reason to ticket me.

anyone know where i can get a silencer?
Old 05-25-2005, 11:32 AM

Car Info: 1942 ford pinto
potato
Old 05-25-2005, 11:59 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I think that's the exhaust that justin is running. He's been popped twice.

he's got the silencer. ask him. Bluewrxwagon.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 06 EVO IX 67 COUPE DEVILLE
i had a nur spec....
Old 05-25-2005, 12:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: dangerous with a wrench
does it help keeping the revs down to 3000 or so? I did that while I had the TXS RFL on the rally car and I was never hassled by cops (even at a "is your seatbelt fastened" checkpoint).

Of course, I was also driving 55mph on the highways all the time, so that helps as well.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:18 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by platypus
does it help keeping the revs down to 3000 or so? I did that while I had the TXS RFL on the rally car and I was never hassled by cops (even at a "is your seatbelt fastened" checkpoint).

Of course, I was also driving 55mph on the highways all the time, so that helps as well.

no. justin got nailed doing 65mph on the freeway...that's like 2000-2500 rpm's.

It's a big single exhaust and it's LOUD as hell.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
Max,
hey i now have the Blitz Nur spec and love it as well. I was running it with the silencer in it almost all the time. But then it started to "rattle" so now i'm running without it. But i am sorry to say that i still plan to keep mine and figure out away how to stop it from rattling. I've been lucky and haven't got pulled over yet. But i don't think Marin is as strick on it as Sonoma Co. is.

Good luck finding one.

-rich
Old 05-25-2005, 05:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Keeping it under 3000 rpms? ha.

That things f'in loud.

I can hear Max leave his house. He lives a 1/3 of a mile away from me (according to google).
Old 05-25-2005, 08:02 PM

sooo
no one knows where?
Old 05-26-2005, 11:34 AM

Car Info: for the Car Acrobatic Team
I guess you can get one from Blitz na. They're $55...not too bad, cheaper than tickets. Scroll down to the bottom:

http://www.blitz-na.com/Blitz_Ex_Spec.htm

Hope that helps.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:29 PM

AWESOME

thankyou man
Old 05-26-2005, 01:58 PM

Car Info: for the Car Acrobatic Team
No problem, happy to help.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:00 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
The Nur-spec exhaust has gotten me tons of compliments on the way my car sounds...luckily the CHP hasn't bugged me about it yet. Have had it in for about 3 years now without silencer...that said, I'm going to hang onto the silencer in case I ever get a fixit ticket...lol.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
The Nur-spec exhaust has gotten me tons of compliments on the way my car sounds...luckily the CHP hasn't bugged me about it yet. Have had it in for about 3 years now without silencer...that said, I'm going to hang onto the silencer in case I ever get a fixit ticket...lol.
Putting the Silencer in for a fix-it ticket won't matter. The fact is the exhaust is not stock and it won't get signed off. I had my nur-spec for about 2 and a half years before I got a ticket for it. The first one had other things attached to it, speeding etc. Since then I've gotten 2 more tickets for just the exhaust. One for it being loud by a bored Fremont bike cop and another just for it being modified by a bored *** CHP. I know the CHP couldn't hear it either because I was going 65 turning about 2200rpms and there were other cars on the freeway due to traffic. The CHP saw that it was modified, the big single tip, and pulled me over for it. A week later I got pulled over in Mountain View for the exhaust being loud, but since I had just gotten a ticket he let me go. The only way to fix it, throw your stock cat-back on, get it signed off, and pay the $10 court costs and you are done.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:38 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
hi mileage

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Putting the Silencer in for a fix-it ticket won't matter. The fact is the exhaust is not stock and it won't get signed off. I had my nur-spec for about 2 and a half years before I got a ticket for it. The first one had other things attached to it, speeding etc. Since then I've gotten 2 more tickets for just the exhaust. One for it being loud by a bored Fremont bike cop and another just for it being modified by a bored *** CHP. I know the CHP couldn't hear it either because I was going 65 turning about 2200rpms and there were other cars on the freeway due to traffic. The CHP saw that it was modified, the big single tip, and pulled me over for it. A week later I got pulled over in Mountain View for the exhaust being loud, but since I had just gotten a ticket he let me go. The only way to fix it, throw your stock cat-back on, get it signed off, and pay the $10 court costs and you are done.
My car has like 114K miles on it...my stock exhaust rotted out and I had to replace it.... (still have cats)

Quick Reply: Where to buy blitz nur spec silencer?