What's On Your Future Purchase Wish List?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by enkeiandmore
i would love an acog for my ar too but thats way out of my price range right now.
You can get one for around $700, and if you look around you can find used ones that are in GREAT condition for around $500.

It's soooo worth the extra money to get an ACOG... You're already spending a butt lode of cash on a scope, why not go all the way and buy one of the best pieces of optic heaven that you can? You will NOT regret it, not ever, it's that great.

I'm never this passionate about anything. but an ACOG is so great that I have no choice but to be this ecstatic!
Old 08-16-2009, 11:55 AM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
I like the wii a lot more than I expected - EVERYONE can play, it's not so single player anymore and it plays all of the old game cube games too (with a wired controller either an original game cube or with a new wired wii controller).

I think this is by far the best Nintendo system ever made, ppl visiting, men women children, my mother etc., who normally don't play video games can play and it's fun - way better than the X-B0X 360 for total entertainment.

The X-BOX does have better games, overall currently, but really it is for one person to play, the wii is more for entertaining, like having a BBQ, haha.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
^^^

Yeah, thats what I keep hearing, and after all, I do have a bomb *** PC for first person shooters...

I forgot to mention that I need to stock up on ammo, I like to keep a large stock pile for every caliber I own, so I need the following:

1. 5,000 rounds of .223 / 5.56 NATO (I have about 3k rounds of that right now, but want more since I fire this the most often)

2. 3,000 rounds of .308 / 7.62 NATO (Less then .223 since I dont' shoot it as often)

3. 3,000 rounds of .45ACP

4. 5,000 rounds of 9mm luger

5. 1,000 rounds of .40 S&W (Not a big fan of .40 which is why I dont buy too much of it)

6. 1,000 rounds of various types of shotgun shells (12g)

7. 1,000 of 7.62x54R

And I have the rest of the calibers stock piled already so I just need those 7...

That's more of a wish list since ammo costs so damn much now... 1,000 rounds of .223 will cost you around $350-400 if you buy surplus, and 1,000 rounds of .308 will cost you around $750-800!!! Thats just to give you an idea how much I'd have to spend. I bet I could buy as used bugeye for the price of all that ammo!
Old 08-16-2009, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX

The ultimate standard DSLR lens-with ultra-bright f1.4 performance. With its 35mm-equivalent 52.5mm focal length, the superb SAL-35F14G lens closely reproduces the natural angle of vision of the human eye making it ideal for both general photo-imaging and fine-art photography applications where zoom capability might distract you from concentrating on aesthetic properties of your subject.

It's only $1369!

I won't even bother posting the $6300 one, let alone the $30k one

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 08-16-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:47 PM

Car Info: old awd turbo thangy
Nah man leuplod makes the vx I down to $220, and even that's a very nice piece for what it is. I have one on my little .22 and can't really complain. The 17hmr though will see a few hundred rounds through it a week and get beat around a bit but I still can't really justify much over the VX II since it's just a back yard plinker. Paticularly when my car needs injectors.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:55 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile

The ultimate standard DSLR lens-with ultra-bright f1.4 performance.
sorry but canon > sony
Old 08-16-2009, 02:00 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by soundwave
sorry but canon > sony
Thats because canon has had decades to brainwash the market. Next time you're going ot offer your expert opinion, back it up with some reasoning

Ferrari > Subaru, and what do you own?

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 08-16-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:12 PM
more than meets the eye

Thats because canon has had decades to brainwash the market. Next time you're going ot offer your expert opinion, back it up with some reasoning
totally true. never met a single pro who used canon. it's a dead brand, i'd especially avoid them like the plague. go sony!
Old 08-16-2009, 02:15 PM
VIP Member

totally true. never met a single pro who used canon. it's a dead brand, i'd especially avoid them like the plague. go sony!
I was inviting you into an actual educated debate of your theory that canon > sony. But if thats too difficult for you, I understand.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:17 PM
more than meets the eye

I was inviting you into an actual educated debate of your theory that canon > sony. But if thats too difficult for you, I understand.
why waste my time? you obviously are a sony fanboi and think canon owners have been brainwashed. lol

enjoy your sony and i'll enjoy my canon. cheers
Old 08-16-2009, 02:21 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Well, maybe sometime in the future.. Another 1969-1973 PL510, 2 door, BRE styling, 1600SSS engine, 5 speed, and American Racing Libre 13 x 7" or Panasport 13 x 8" wheels.
No ECU, and no smog.....

Name:  510mexiinn.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  128.4 KB

Last edited by Ballz; 08-16-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:25 PM
VIP Member

why waste my time? you obviously are a sony fanboi and think canon owners have been brainwashed. lol

enjoy your sony and i'll enjoy my canon. cheers
I'm not a "fanboi" of anything, I just hate seemingly uneducated remarks of quality. I suggested you back up your remark with some reasons, but since you've failed to do so I'm guessing you don't have any except that "pros use canon."

Pros use Nikons and many other brands as well. Pros also know that the quality of the shot comes from the lens and the nut behind the camera, more so that the body.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:31 PM
more than meets the eye

I'm not a "fanboi" of anything, I just hate seemingly uneducated remarks of quality. I suggested you back up your remark with some reasons, but since you've failed to do so I'm guessing you don't have any except that "pros use canon."

Pros use Nikons and many other brands as well. Pros also know that the quality of the shot comes from the lens and the nut behind the camera, more so that the body.
calling canon owners brainwashed sounds like a fanboi remark to me. lol

when did i say pros didn't use nikons or other brands? i said more pros use canon than sony. wedding photographers, sporting events, etc...
Old 08-16-2009, 02:36 PM
VIP Member

calling canon owners brainwashed sounds like a fanboi remark to me. lol

when did i say pros didn't use nikons or other brands? i said more pros use canon than sony. wedding photographers, sporting events, etc...
"Brainwashed" was a sarcastic comment, sorry for not adding a footnote denoting that*

How long has Sony been in the SLR industry compared to Canon? Of course they aren't going to have the same market hold as Canon and Nikon! What annoys me is that the Canon and Nikon-snobs** are too close minded to give them a chance to prove themselves.

*footnote comment was sarcastic
**This is not calling you a brand-snob as I don't know you, but there are MANY people I have talked to that think their brand ****s gold bricks.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
You guys need to duke it out! NOW NOW NOW!!

Quick Reply: What's On Your Future Purchase Wish List?