What's On Your Future Purchase Wish List?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
What's On Your Future Purchase Wish List?

I know everyone has something they want but just can't justify the costs for whatever reason, and with the economy sucking as bad as it does, there's bound to be a massive list of things that people wish they could by, and in time will eventually do so, but for now, that item will remain on a list.
PLEASE INCLUDE A PICTURE OF ANY ITEM THAT YOU LIST IN THIS THREAD!!!

There have been quite a few things I've been wanting to buy but due to the economy and the fact that we're trying to purchase a house, those items have been put onto the back burner for a while, but eventually they will be mine, oh yes, they will be mine.

In no particular order:

1. A Smith And Wesson .500 revolver.

It may look like a regular revolver, only bigger, but it's actually the most powerful production revolver on the planet. It makes Dirty Harry's .44 magnum (which is a hell of a round) look like a squirt gun. This round is so powerful (.50 caliber magnum) that a single shot can take down an elephant. A single shot can remove a limb or even someone's head. The shock wave that it creates can even break someone's wrist if held improperly.

Just to give you an idea of how large the round is, Here is a shot of .50 S&W directly next to a 10mm round (10mm is a huge round with a crazy amount of power), .357 sig, 9mm, and on the very right is the SMG round that the P90 and 5.7 shoot (5.7x28)

The gun creates so much recoil that it has quite a few unique features that reduce it enough so it doesn't break your hand.

I have a lot of firearms but nothing as cool as this revolver. I've been wanting a revolver for a loooong time now, and I figure I might as well go big!

The reason this revolver exists is for big game hunting. Big game hunters carry this revolver with them as a back up in case their rifles malfunction. It's the perfect back up gun too since it's reliable as all hell and packs the punch of a small nuclear weapon! I don't hunt, so I'm mainly going to buy it as a collector piece and hope to one day hand it down to my children.

Moving on....

2. Microfire Samurai III HID flashlight, 3,000 lumens and 2 hour run time on single charge!

I love flashlights and have many of them, my brightest one (not including spot lights) is a custom made flashlight from Black Bear lights, it uses a maglight body but is totally re-made and produces 1,050 lumens on a single xenon bulb, It's so bright and produces so much energy that if you hold it 5 inches from your skin it will burn you almost instantly. When you focus the beam using a spot light reflector it will catch paper on fire in just a few seconds. It's an amazing light in the small package of a 3D maglight, but dont let the looks deceive you! I know that some HID lights are brighter in terms of lumens, but the Black Bear Borealis uses light that is comparable to the sun so it's natural and focused light which makes it look brighter and has more usable light that has an insane amount of throw.... Since I already have that light, next up in line is a 3,000 (yeah, you read right) lumen HID light with 2 hours of run time on a single charge! Just to give you an idea as to how bright that is, a 4D cell maglight with brand new batteries produces just over 120 lumens... Compare that to 3,000!!!

The best way I can describe the HID light is to think of the police helicopter night eye spot light, that's how bright it is! It's so bright that you can't use it everywhere like you can most lights. There's so much light that sometimes it's TOO bright to use. You need to be careful when aiming it to avoid blinding people. It is an HID so it uses low wattage "bulbs" which means that it runs cool and wont burn you like the Borealis does (sometimes having a flashlight that is capable of burning people with just its light is BAD ***!). This light can be had for around $450ish. Thanks to the car industry, the cost of HID's has decreased soooo much! 5 years ago if you wanted this same light you would be paying over $5,000!

Moving on....

3. The final thing on my realistic wish list is an X-Box 360. I've been wanting one for some time now but just haven't been able to justify the cost of it and I had plenty of other things to buy. I have been debating between a Wii or a 360, and the fact that the 360 can be modded to watch movies and stuff and is pretty much the reason I decided to get that over a wii. It wont happen for a while though since the top two items are more of a priority, but eventually I'll get one... One thing I'm worried about is the failure rate on these things. Has this problem been fixed? Or do they still die for whatever reason? The guy at funcoland told me that like 80% will fail at some point or another prematurely.

Now your turn! Remember to add pics! No pics = fail!
Old 08-15-2009, 05:13 PM

Car Info: old awd turbo thangy
really want to pick up a leupold vx II for my 17hmr but I just picked up a turbothats going to require some more fuel.. Im torn

Old 08-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Leupold f'ing owns. With firearm optics, you really do get what you pay for. If you buy cheap, you will get crap.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
They completely changed the motherboards and processor cooling on the 360. Mine took a crap about a month ago. I gotta get it fixed before MW2.

My next purchase:

Seamless gutters for my house.

Oh a new fence too

LOL

Last edited by ipozestu; 08-15-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
On one of my guns, my leupold is 2x the cost of my rifle

VX-3 6.5-20x40 w/ varmit reticle FTW

and of course it was way MORE expensive then than it is now...stuff was $1500 back in the day for a dang scope

-Noah

Last edited by LICmotorsports; 08-15-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:31 PM

Car Info: Type 53

just the lift :]
Old 08-15-2009, 05:35 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
your car is on my list of next things to buy!
Old 08-15-2009, 06:40 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
L&e steering column - 11:1 ratio!

255 width tires all around

Tierod extenders

Chassis foam injection

Leather seats

And then just oem replacement parts to keep my 6 year old car new
Old 08-15-2009, 06:42 PM

Car Info: old awd turbo thangy
Originally Posted by brucelee
Leupold f'ing owns. With firearm optics, you really do get what you pay for. If you buy cheap, you will get crap.
Yeah they are really nice and well worth the cost. Better be though since Ill be spending $500+ for a scope on a $200 gun lol
Old 08-15-2009, 07:20 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx

but more realistically,

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/imprez...verralloy1.JPG
Old 08-15-2009, 09:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
present wishlist:

defi senor so i can run my gauges again
harness bar with takatas
tune

future wishlist:

new car, possibly a lexus (time to go luxury)
and of course a house
Old 08-15-2009, 09:25 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
I'm hopefully getting these soon since they my AD07s are shot!

Name:  200811415tr00101.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  18.4 KB

then I want/need some of these

Down the road this i'm agreeing with AVE and also with the harness bar which will look real nice with my wheels :P

Last edited by ruehl; 08-15-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:32 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Lets see...

1)Samsung 52" LED LCD TV (120hz)

2)New sofa

3)Cash to pay for a re stain of the hardwood floors to match the new motif in the living room.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:07 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Level Ten or IPT trans for the A4, and a GT35r and standalone

Originally Posted by brucelee
The guy at funcoland told me that like 80% will fail at some point or another prematurely.
Where the blue **** is FuncoLand at?! They went bankrupt and was bought out by us ( Gamestop ) a few years back.

Last edited by rau; 08-15-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:15 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
GT35R with rotated mount uppipe
engine management
Nikon D300

Quick Reply: What's On Your Future Purchase Wish List?