View Poll Results: Who is worse?
Old people are the worst
50.68%
Teenagers are the worst
12.33%
They are both terrible and should not be able to drive or have far stricter regulations.
36.99%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

What's worse, Old people or Teenagers? (Driving)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
What's worse, Old people or Teenagers? (Driving)

I'm going with old people... Worst drivers EVER!

Just this morning as I'm approaching a 4way intersection with a green light ahead of me, as I'm about to enter the intersection going about 45mph (thats the speed limit), I see an SUV pulling out into the intersection against a red light on my left side (I'm goint straight Northbound and she's going straight E bound against a red light!!! Actually, she was making a left turn to go South bound (opposite of my direction) ) As she pulls out (she never stopped at the light, she was just entering the intersection oblivious of the red light going about 30mph), lucky for me there was a car in front of me and she was going right for it (would be going for me if the car wasn't in front of me), the car in front of me has to do the craziest manuver to avoid getting T-boned by this old woman in her SUV! Several people lay down on their horns as this was the morning rush hour and we are all witnessing this happen. (Keep in mind we're doing about 45mph)! I had to pretty much come to a complete stop to avoid T-boning her, with my horn honking she has the most oblivious look on her face and didn't even tap her brakes, she just goes along her jolly way drinking her cup of coffee! My blood temp went up about 200 degrees at that very moment and I wanted to ram her just so she would know what she had done! I was so pissed off that she was so oblivious to almost pwning like 5 cars! What a dumb *** *****! She really needs her lic taken away... I'd guess she was in her early 70s and was driving a Toyota Sequoia which isn't exactly the smallest automobile in the world!

I've witnessed old people do the stupidest things imaginable in my years of driving... Don't get me wrong, teenagers are really bad as well, but old people are just so confused and not aware of whats going on which calls for a VERY dangerous situation.

There should be far stricter rules and regulations for people over the age of 70 (or whatever age)... Just the thought of what she could have caused this morning sends chills down my spine... The car in front of me was a tiny late 90s corolla, it wouldn't have stood a chance against her tank.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:32 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
In oregon i witnessed a dmv person take cash money to pass an elderly.. I was like thank god i am moving and wont be on the road with her. She failed all her tests and the husband paid off the dmv worker to give her license to her. My jaw dropped and other dmv people didnt care either. Older people dont have the reactions and are blind as bats. Or some of the old ladies out there cant even see above the steering wheel. So i have to agree with ya on this way more strict on the issues of license.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:41 AM

Car Info: '11 STI
old people just because i think there are many teenangers who actually know how to drive. plus im 18 and consider myslef a very good driver.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:43 AM

Car Info: 07 350Z
Old People suck at driving. End

Last edited by JDM555; 12-18-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:45 AM
pwn

Car Info: 09 STi, 10 Cayman S
Originally Posted by brucelee
I'm going with old people... Worst drivers EVER!

Just this morning as I'm approaching a 4way intersection with a green light ahead of me, as I'm about to enter the intersection going about 45mph (thats the speed limit), I see an SUV pulling out into the intersection against a red light on my left side (I'm goint straight Northbound and she's going straight E bound against a red light!!! Actually, she was making a left turn to go South bound (opposite of my direction) ) As she pulls out (she never stopped at the light, she was just entering the intersection oblivious of the red light going about 30mph), lucky for me there was a car in front of me and she was going right for it (would be going for me if the car wasn't in front of me), the car in front of me has to do the craziest manuver to avoid getting T-boned by this old woman in her SUV! Several people lay down on their horns as this was the morning rush hour and we are all witnessing this happen. (Keep in mind we're doing about 45mph)! I had to pretty much come to a complete stop to avoid T-boning her, with my horn honking she has the most oblivious look on her face and didn't even tap her brakes, she just goes along her jolly way drinking her cup of coffee! My blood temp went up about 200 degrees at that very moment and I wanted to ram her just so she would know what she had done! I was so pissed off that she was so oblivious to almost pwning like 5 cars! What a dumb *** *****! She really needs her lic taken away... I'd guess she was in her early 70s and was driving a Toyota Sequoia which isn't exactly the smallest automobile in the world!

I've witnessed old people do the stupidest things imaginable in my years of driving... Don't get me wrong, teenagers are really bad as well, but old people are just so confused and not aware of whats going on which calls for a VERY dangerous situation.

There should be far stricter rules and regulations for people over the age of 70 (or whatever age)... Just the thought of what she could have caused this morning sends chills down my spine... The car in front of me was a tiny late 90s corolla, it wouldn't have stood a chance against her tank.
Want to take the theory that teenagers can't drive to the track?

Old people do suck at driving. First thing that comes to mind is that southpark episode....
Old 12-18-2007, 11:47 AM
pwn

Originally Posted by JDM555
Old People...suck at driving. There like in a different world, their SOO out of it when driving. They are so slow to the point its dangerous and like people said, there visibility skills and reflexes are slower then a rock. It's amazing how people that old still drive. I think since for the very young group (under 16) if they cant drive, then people over 60 should get their licenses taken away....a LOT less accidents.
John
I couldn't comprehend the last half of that
Old 12-18-2007, 11:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
One day, you'll be the old person driving. I agree, some old people shouldn't be on the road - but at the same time, neither should some teenagers - specifically those that talk, text, or do other stupid crap on their cell phones. You don't see old people doing this - they probably don't have much use for the new technology anyway.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:49 AM
pwn

Originally Posted by Onizuka
One day, you'll be the old person driving. I agree, some old people shouldn't be on the road - but at the same time, neither should some teenagers - specifically those that talk, text, or do other stupid crap on their cell phones. You don't see old people doing this - they probably don't have much use for the new technology anyway.
Law's being passed in 08 make using the phone like that illegal. I cannot wait for it because I've almost been side swiped more times than I can count, from people of ALL ages talking on the phone.

Car Info: 2011 OBP STi
maybe shes color blind
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JDM555
Old People...suck at driving. There like in a different world, their SOO out of it when driving. They are so slow to the point its dangerous and like people said, there visibility skills and reflexes are slower then a rock. It's amazing how people that old still drive. I think since for the very young group (under 16) if they cant drive, then people over 60 should get their licenses taken away....a LOT less accidents.
John
There = location
Their = possessive
They're = conjuction
Old 12-18-2007, 11:51 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pwn
Law's being passed in 08 make using the phone like that illegal. I cannot wait for it because I've almost been side swiped more times than I can count, from people of ALL ages talking on the phone.
Right back atcha
Old 12-18-2007, 11:52 AM
wu!

Car Info: '18 WRX Premium, '14 320i xDrive
Old drivers are worse. They are set in their ways and will never change their driving habits. Their reflexes and eyesight get worse.

One time in Santa Clara, I was making a left turn at a protected green light. This old lady just comes barreling through the intersection, oblivious to her red light. Good thing I stopped in time before she nailed my passenger side.

Another time an old lady sideswiped my entire left side of my Prelude as I was parked on El Camino! Parked!

Another time, an old lady clipped my rear driver side as I was stopped in traffic in Cupertino.

Teen drivers will at least mature and learn from their mistakes.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by wu!
Teen drivers will at least mature and learn from their mistakes.
Hope you're right about this.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:00 PM
wu!

Car Info: '18 WRX Premium, '14 320i xDrive
I want to add: teen drivers will usually realize they've made a mistake. Old drivers are usually oblivious.

Also, when was the last time you read in the news that a teen driver reported their gas pedal being stuck? Whenever you read about an accident about a driver plowing through pedestrians or cars in traffic where the driver reports the gas pedal being stuck, it's always an old driver, isn't it?
Old 12-18-2007, 12:01 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
Teens are more dangerous...Old people are annoying and don;t realize their headlights are off at night.

One thing I know....I'm not sure how I made it through 16 & 17 years old.

Quick Reply: What's worse, Old people or Teenagers? (Driving)