Whats up with UCKK having more Non-Subaru cars then Subarus?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 08:29 PM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
Thats right Marin is the new UCKK.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:19 PM

Car Info: iono nemore
Originally Posted by SpeedRevelation
Oh yeah, UCKK is very cliqueish... people hang with the same people usually in their small little circles.
i agree

Last edited by oct1285; 11-12-2004 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
I used to go but am now tired of driving there.

I usually chill at this nice watering hole in Walnut Creek on Tuesday nights now...they have....hawt girliez....it's....nice!
Old 11-12-2004, 10:28 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX, Aspen White, Stage 1 Cobb
Originally Posted by SpeedRevelation:
Oh yeah, UCKK is very cliqueish... people hang with the same people usually in their small little circles.

Originally Posted by oct1285
i agree

I totally agree. I've been going to the Sunnyvale Starbux meet.... since day 1 everyone there has been real cool. Not cliqueish at all... I totally recommend that meet to anyone that is looking for a nice and diverse crowd.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 WRX wagon x2
I think one of the main problems with UCKK is that it's not very noob friendly. If a new person shows up by themselves, all they see is a bunch of people standing around in their little circles talking to each other, and it's kind of hard to walk up to a conversation and butt in to introduce yourself. That was my issue with the meet, and after making several attempts, I didn't feel like I was making much progress in the meeting-people department, so I just gave up. I don't mean this as a personal attack to anyone, I've just noticed that UCKK is less friendly than the other regular meets that I've been to.

Aside from that, I agree with what was said before. Driving 30+ minutes on a school night is pretty inconvenient for me, and I'm sure I'm not the only person in that position. If it were more than standing around in a parking lot, it might be worth it, but it's not enough to justify the long drive.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Originally Posted by kellie
If it were more than standing around in a parking lot, it might be worth it, but it's not enough to justify the long drive.
w3rd, and I was only driving from from the Tri-Valley
Old 11-12-2004, 10:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: na
i don't think its clickish or that people are accepting. I felt like I was accepted, yes there are diffferent groups, but everyone mingles around or is one big group. If someone isn't feeling welcomed then i don't think that it is the groups fault. sometimes you just have to go up and introduce yourself, get yourself involved with a conversation.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:41 PM

Car Info: iono nemore
I think one of the main problems with UCKK is that it's not very noob friendly. If a new person shows up by themselves, all they see is a bunch of people standing around in their little circles talking to each other, and it's kind of hard to walk up to a conversation and butt in to introduce yourself. That was my issue with the meet, and after making several attempts, I didn't feel like I was making much progress in the meeting-people department, so I just gave up. I don't mean this as a personal attack to anyone, I've just noticed that UCKK is less friendly than the other regular meets that I've been to.

Aside from that, I agree with what was said before. Driving 30+ minutes on a school night is pretty inconvenient for me, and I'm sure I'm not the only person in that position. If it were more than standing around in a parking lot, it might be worth it, but it's not enough to justify the long drive.
wat she said
Old 11-12-2004, 10:53 PM

Car Info: 2001 Sedona Red OBS / 2016 FXT Touring
Originally Posted by Heavy Dan
a lot of suby owners I've met can't stand the UCKK meets. no offense intended, but the guys at the UCKK meets, on average, aren't as knowledgeable as the guys I've seen at other meets.
... I also find the meet less appealing because 90% of the kids their got their wrx (always blue) as a gift from their parents.
...Once again, no offense intended... that's just why I don't go. I prefer the slightly older crowd that i see elsewhere.
i've actually never been to the UCKK meet but that is the main reason why i wouldnt go. i just have a feeling it would be cliqueish. hey heavy dan, so if i showed up in sunnyvale some time, are you gonn show me some love?

im a NOOB to meets. WERD
Old 11-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I dont go anymore... cuz well, I dont wanna hang out with people like fatalvelocity... hahahha
Old 11-13-2004, 01:35 AM

Car Info: 2003 Silver STi Wagon
i went for the first time last week, everyone was real nice and i didnt even know them. Its didnt seem cliqueish to me. anyone having doubts should just come out, when need more subies out there anyways.

-Jon
Old 11-13-2004, 02:03 AM

Car Info: 2001 Sedona Red OBS / 2016 FXT Touring
yeah i'll probably drop by, but my subaru aint WRB, i dont want to stand out.
Old 11-13-2004, 02:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
i cant go anymore due to wrok
Old 11-13-2004, 02:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
i've only been to UCKK like 2 times.

from my perspective, it seems kinda clickish to me, but whatever.
if i was closer, i prolly still wouldnt go.
=]
Old 11-13-2004, 03:16 AM

Car Info: 2003 Silver STi Wagon
mine is psm and i dont not fit in.

-jon

Quick Reply: Whats up with UCKK having more Non-Subaru cars then Subarus?