What's the Law On Unmarked Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 10:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Originally Posted by WRXRambo
Wow. It took a whole day but finally someone found it. Thanks Endeavor. Thanks a million.

So I would think from 3), the car has to be marked. Got it.
dude rambo ive been saying the car has to be marked all through this tread.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:39 AM

Car Info: 180sx super drift machine!
I'll say the same thing I've said before. Cops have lots of grey area to work in. If he truly wants to give you a ticket, he will. Just like in the case of the harassment thing in another thread, the worst that happens is it gets thrown out in court. You know what, though? The cop doesn't have to show up to that court date, and your life was just made that much harder
Old 07-13-2004, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
hey ex-ricer you said you used to be a cop? why arent you anymore, what happened? oh yea and what city? jw..
Old 07-14-2004, 03:00 PM

Car Info: R.I.P. '02 WR Blue Pearl, Hello '05 OBP STi
Originally Posted by blue blurr
dude rambo ive been saying the car has to be marked all through this tread.
I know you've been saying that but I wanted someone to actually KNOW or POST the actual law because people were just saying this and that but none of it was actual fact. Ex-Ricer was the only one who remotely came close to anything because of his previous job. And even then, I still wanted something official. =)
Old 07-14-2004, 03:28 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
man I had a marked chp car in massive traffic.....680 at capitol during rush hour...I passed him in the slow lane..He came behind me with his red light on.>>>> I did nothing wrong so I just kept on driving...which at the speed I was going he could have stepped out of his car and walked up to me...

Soon as he got to the exit he got off...drove up past everyone and back onto the freeway like 25 cars in front of me.

Bastard was using that red light to get through rush our traffic faster.

As for what I would do if a purely unmarked car..no light bar..no logo on the door tried to pull me over by flashing dash lights or headlight mounted lights I would not pull over. At the very least I'd drive to an incredibly safe area and stop with my car running and in gear. Windows down as they are illegally tinted.haaa. And watch to make sure it is a valid officer...anyone can get a costume.

Or I'd wait to hear a siren or loud speaker telling me to pull over.

it's crazy what they are doing now. I read an article that some place in Santa Cruz county I think it was they had cops no freakin joke...dressed up as golfer standing by their golf carts next to the road radaring people...crazy man.

If they are that strapped for cash maybe they should bust some of those freakin idiots in the car pull lanes I see every day when they shouldn't be. That's like $100 a ticket more than your standard speeding ticket.