What's the Law On Unmarked Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 12:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Talking Dre on the Down Low

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
your best be is to just run from any cop, make sure to drift every corner, and aim for groups of people, whent hey scatter they will run in front of hte cops thus forcing them to stop chasing you.

it works for me every time, make sure to fill your nitrous bottle to ya never know when you might need help.
Yeah, you lying wuss. I know why you get pulled over all the time. I hear all the cops have a nickname for you: "Down Low Dre"

hee hee hee

jason
Old 07-12-2004, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
shhhhhh
Old 07-12-2004, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Calling all cars! Calling are cars!
Old 07-12-2004, 12:42 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by SFPD1610
Your lucky because he gave you a warning, he could have give you a ticket. Its best not to run/being a failure to yeild. That just gets you a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest, or if someone gets injured while fleeing a felony charge. Just giving info.
Sorry, but if I get flashed by a police vehicle without a light bar, and he doesn't show me his doors, I'm not stopping. Not that I would go Steve McQueen and try to lose him, but a flashing red light does not a law enforcement officer make. Hell, I can get one of those at Hot Topic If/when I see some sort of visual indicator it really is a cop, like, say, his badge, or the helicopter chasing us then yeah, I'll stop and be Mr. Nice Guy. When he comes to the window all pissed off and asks why I didn't stop, I'll tell him that I couldn't be sure that he was really a cop and I'd rather hear the lecture then pull over for Joe Schmo who may or may not have my best interests at heart. Plus, since my car is perfectly legal in everyway (at least as far as any of you can tell before the hood is popped) I'll know if I was doing anything to warrant being pulled over.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:44 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by dr3d1zzl3
your best be is to just run from any cop, make sure to drift every corner, and aim for groups of people, whent hey scatter they will run in front of hte cops thus forcing them to stop chasing you.

it works for me every time, make sure to fill your nitrous bottle to ya never know when you might need help.
I agree. Have you ever tried that trick of cranking the steering and using the handbrake to turn 180° on a narrow street, then charging at full-throttle directly towards the unmarked vehicle that was in pursuit?

This trick works best when you've retained the factory Subaru or MOMO air bag-equipped steering wheel.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 07-12-2004, 12:52 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
I don't think you can receive a ticket for failure to yield to an unmarked police car
Old 07-12-2004, 01:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Solid red light, means you pull over.

If they don't have a uniform, you have the right to request a uniformed officer.

Thank you, come again.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:16 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by mexicanpizza
Solid red light, means you pull over.

If they don't have a uniform, you have the right to request a uniformed officer.

Thank you, come again.

Anyone can have a solid red light pointed at you
Old 07-12-2004, 01:22 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally Posted by crash n burn
Yes, they can pull you over. However, they typically won't do that. Undercover police cars are usually used for a specific purpose such doing serviellance, going after specific groups of people that would require being hidden from view, gangs, community support actions, etc. Sometimes they do use them in traffic situations, but they are aware of the fear that people have of whether or not they are cops. Despite what many people think, most cops are not stupid.
This thread is more about "unmarked" cars rather than "undercover" cars. UC cars will never be used for simple traffic stops unless it's part of the investigation they are tasked to. Unmarked cars usually belong to Lieutenant rank and above, and frankly, not many of them give a damn about traffic stops for simple offenses like minor speeding or the "keys" patrol officers use to pull people over. So, like I said- if Captain Duff is bored enough that he wants to pull me over for 40 in a 35, he better give me a better reason than a red light on his dash.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
i was driving to oregon and as soon as a got to the border i was going 50 in a 30 and the ****** f! was on the other side of the ride two lanes, in the dark all his lights. black car, and he pulls me over, is there any law against this? arent they supposed to have parking lights on?
Old 07-12-2004, 02:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
dude you guys an unmarked police car can not do traffic inforcement, trust me i know. (at least in berkely, but its the same i think everywhere) if you didnt stop they couldnt have done anything, and if they called "for backup" them just take them to court and prove to them that they cant stop you. there are always some cops out there that dont follow there rules but most will.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:44 PM

Car Info: R.I.P. '02 WR Blue Pearl, Hello '05 OBP STi
Originally Posted by Ex-ricer
Did you even read my post?
Yes I read the post but what does the law say about it? That's all I wanna know. I mean I could come into any thread and say YES or NO.

And when you say "WE call it a kojack light" does it mean "WE" as in the i-Club forum or "WE" as in you're a cop who's done this before?
Old 07-12-2004, 02:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
if hes stoping you... and really wants to give you a ticket for your offense he can call swad car and site you, but hell have to be incourt to testify

i say you play it safe and pull over, if your scared, just pull over somewhere public then. as far as running or not stopping trust me that warning is going to get worse if you do something besides pulling to a side...

and for the most part cops or detectives in unmarked cars wont do traffic crap they hate it.. its in those extreme cases that they feel they need to give you a warning...

edgar,

Quick Reply: What's the Law On Unmarked Cars?