Old 04-12-2009, 10:27 PM

Car Info: 06 STI
Originally Posted by Hollandaze
How much was Motorsport Techniques?

it's usually around $80-$100
Old 04-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Roger Kraus in Castro Valley is zee best!
http://www.yelp.com/biz/roger-kraus-...-castro-valley

If you can't make it to AI, go check them out.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by walt
Custom Alignment in Mountain View. Enthusiast racers who know what they are doing. A precision alignment on my STi costs $240,and I can feel the difference.
These guys know what they are doing for sure, and are the only people who would touch my cars maybe 7 years ago when they were friendly and affordable. Once I went to Roger Kraus Racing in Castro Valley I never went back (this was when I lived in Sunnyvale). Brandon Kraus is my alignment hero and a seriously nice guy. He has taken car of some pretty nice suspensions in the last 8 cars I have taken to him, gets it done quick and for usually half the price that Custom Alignment has crept up to. Custom Alignment knows their stuff, but be prepared to leave your car for at least a day and pay handsomely for their excellent service. I usually show up at Roger Kraus around 8:30 and am back on the road in less than two hours and have never once had to bring anything back at all.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Gibz
My sti's were done at AI and had no issues. They also did my spring installs and camber bolt install. Anthony if your alignment wasn't done right, did you ask for them to redo it? They had no problem doing stock or custom specs for me.
if they **** it up the first time, I'd ask them to pay for another shop to do it

From what I hear AI is decent for the street (although there seem to be a few people that have had even less than decent results) but for actual motorsports applications, there are better options.

Oh, and do most people that say "AI FTW" even know the difference between a superb alignment from an average one?
Old 04-13-2009, 03:34 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by Aithien
Do you work there? Your questions are very hostile.
How are my questions hostile? They are legitimate questions to all 3 people that posted.

1st person gives a blanket overview statement "They suck". Doesn't explain why they suck, just a generic statement.

2nd person gives his alignment settings on both sides (that is much better as at least he is giving detailed information), but he doesn't mention if his car is still on stock suspension or aftermarket (i.e. adjustable suspension). As I stated, camber in the rear of our cars is not adjustable from the factory. So adjustable components would need to have been added in order for adjustments to be made.

If no adjustable components were added and he is still on factory suspension, then the next logical question is if there was any type of damage to the suspension or the vehicle which would cause the suspension to be that far off in rear camber from left to right. From the factory it should be about -1.5 in the rear (IIRC), but basically left and right should be pretty much equal numbers not over .5 degree off of each other.

3rd person did not provide details about his alignment settings. If the alignment is poor, then that could help explain the pull to the right. If the alignment looks good, then the pull most likely is caused by the tires. I even offered a suggestion on how to help fix his pulling problem on the vehicle in case it was not tried yet.

A lot of people fail to notify the auto shop of issues with their vehicle before hand and then complain about it afterwards. However, if there is a problem with the vehicle, no matter what the problem is, the owner should notify the shop first so that they can help solve the problem and fix the vehicle properly for the customer. If the car is taken elsewhere, then the shop is not given the chance to correct the issue and help satisfy the customer. The issue is also further complicated if the car is taken elsewhere as now multiple people have worked on the car and the original shop can't prove what work they did and what work was done by someone else.

For the record, No, I do not work for or have any affiliation with Auto Innovations.

I did however work in the automotive industry for several years. In general though, I just don't like seeing information just get randomly dumped in to the community without some type of evidence or proof behind the statements and I really think that ALL shops should be given a chance to fix their mistakes. People are people and mistakes happen. If the company is not willing to fix their mistakes, then by all means put them on blast, but if they are not given a chance to do something about the issue and are just called out as being a (insert derogatory statement here) company then that is not fair to the company as that is actually slander and really hurts the business. It takes a LOT of Good Reviews to really overcome 1 Bad Review.

Last edited by JelloChex; 04-13-2009 at 03:37 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:40 AM

Car Info: '05 black c6
They're not hostile at all, I used to have to throw out the same questions 'n such when I used to do alignments if things didn't come out golden.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:56 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
What does Roger Kraus charge for alignments? I'm only on Tanabe GF210 springs if that matters.