What's the Deal W/ Vishnu Unichips??

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 11:01 AM

Car Info: 02 STi
chrisw,
I hear what you are saying. I was 100% happy with the Vishnu Product and service too. That is why I didn't hesitate to be the first with the stage 2 (at my own risk) and test it for him and advertise to a lot of the bay area wrx owners.

I never said anything bad about the guy during this whols mess, just talking to people on that thread, that had questions...that's all. Then he blows up on me as if I STARTED THE THREAD, BASHING ON HIM AND HIS PRODUCT!!!. What?? We cant have discussions on the forums?? Am I the only one who dissagreed or had questions about his unstable and always changing answers??? NO!! But I am the one who took one for the team, and can no longer do business with the man.

No one else that questioned him or brought up the subject was banned from Vishnu Performance. So, yeah, because of that I dont like the guy. I feel I waisted Thousands of my dollars compared to the 2 hours he is saying he didnt charge me for.

Anyways, it's been fun

-freddie
Old 05-02-2003, 11:47 PM

I thought I'd throw in my $.02 ...

background - i'm a Vishnu Stage 2 customer and a Vishnu customer for about 2 years.

I will NOT comment on the Freddie situation (since it will not amount to anything), but I'd like to clear the air from what I've seen him do with "other" people's parts. For those who know me, i've recently have had a significant amount of free time and I drop by the shop (a lot). I've seen Shiv tune countless cars with and without his parts (including drag hon-duhs, Panteras, spec race cars and other exotics). I've seen him work insanely hard to squeeze out as much power as he can ... he works hard to make the customer happy. Is he proud of his own parts, of course, who wouldn't be. Is he opinionated, yes, who isn't? Do customers' sometimes believe they are making 500+whp, yup, even though they just have an uppipe?

For all those who say Shiv doesn't do his best to squeeze out the most power out of anyone's setup ... you couldn't be more wrong. There is one thing he puts at his highest priority, it is his ability to tune cars.

I've been in the product manufacturing business for over 7 years and i've learned that margins for these types of industries are tight. No one has a patent, monopoly or sustainable competitive advantage. The highest margins are usually tied to those items with the least COGS. Tuning has almost zero COGS (just your salary), this should be the juiciest part of his business ... it would behoove him to put the highest quality into this part of the business. And as we all already know, his product are second to none in quality, we can only assume that his own tuning skill would be held in that same regard.

Enough said ... [/off soap box]
Old 05-03-2003, 10:55 AM

Car Info: 02 STi
Yeah, I though about it and you are correct. I shouldn't agree that he only works on car with his products. I have seen a supra there and a BMW that he messed with. Maybe people have just had their own bad experience with Shiv. But I personlly had no issues with Shiv, til this thing blew up.

I guess I was just upset at the way things turned out. I never had a problem with his products per-say. In fact I think his signature series is one of the best sounding exhausts I have heard.

I dont hate the guy or anything...it's just when poeple ask for an opinion about him, I get irritated again and feel compelled to share. But I know that almost everyone knows of our situatuion, so I will try my best not to bring it up anymore.

But, I did want to bring up the results that I got from doing some testing I paid to have done. That way it can be noted that the car wan not running correctly after all, and that the car could have produced more power, safely. It's not going to change his decision or my decision though....oh well.

Steve,
good times by the way, I forgot to post on your thread a while back. I shoud be ready to go to the track soon...we'll have to compare notes, I have never been to the strip.

-freddie