Whats the deal with brentwood? Anyone live there?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 01:34 AM

Car Info: wrx02
1st of all, that area is HOT! Too hot! Housing is very affortable there, but I would have to contradict one of ^^^ members saying that housing will increase in value. Matter of fact, I think housing values around that area may even decrease in the future due to it's further away location from SF and it's weather being just too hot. And you know global warming is not getting any cooler in the future. Not a ideal location.

Yes, Brentwood cops have not much things to do except for pulling over cars for traffic tickets. It's really quite there now. But it is very different story in Antioch - which is right next to Brentwood. Antioch is like Oakland and Richmond. Antioch cops are really strict. Guess where bad boys will go once they taste Antioch cops fury?

Look some place else.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:10 AM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by willow
1st of all, that area is HOT! Too hot! Housing is very affortable there, but I would have to contradict one of ^^^ members saying that housing will increase in value. Matter of fact, I think housing values around that area may even decrease in the future due to it's further away location from SF and it's weather being just too hot. And you know global warming is not getting any cooler in the future. Not a ideal location.

Yes, Brentwood cops have not much things to do except for pulling over cars for traffic tickets. It's really quite there now. But it is very different story in Antioch - which is right next to Brentwood. Antioch is like Oakland and Richmond. Antioch cops are really strict. Guess where bad boys will go once they taste Antioch cops fury?

Look some place else.
I do agree with you about Antioch, but i have been living in Brentwood now for 4 years and so far the Antioch people have stayed in Antioch. Brentwood has not allowed section 8 housing to go on, so all those "bad boys" are either going to stay in Antioch or go right back to Richmond. And the whole global warming thing goes for all towns, not just brentwood. It is blistering hot no matter where you go these days. If you go east of Brentwood into the valley it gets even hotter but the price of housing goes down. If you decide to get closer to the bay and SF the temperature will drop, but your price for housing will also go up. That is when you have to pick your poison.. cheaper with a lil extra heat or more expensive with a couple degrees less.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:32 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon

Look some place else.
Housing only decreases of the economy slows down like it is now. Look at Tracy, the houses there were selling for over $500,000. And people were moving there even though it's Hot! People will move to whereever they can afford no matter how far away it is.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by subi4justin
I do agree with you about Antioch, but i have been living in Brentwood now for 4 years and so far the Antioch people have stayed in Antioch. Brentwood has not allowed section 8 housing to go on, so all those "bad boys" are either going to stay in Antioch or go right back to Richmond. And the whole global warming thing goes for all towns, not just brentwood. It is blistering hot no matter where you go these days. If you go east of Brentwood into the valley it gets even hotter but the price of housing goes down. If you decide to get closer to the bay and SF the temperature will drop, but your price for housing will also go up. That is when you have to pick your poison.. cheaper with a lil extra heat or more expensive with a couple degrees less.
Well taken.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:25 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx, Part II
Brentwood is great. Everything you could want is close by. The few things that aren't available yet are coming soon. I can't say anything negative about brentwood besides the heat and the commute. It's really a great place to live. Crime is pretty much non-existent.

Last edited by d_a_go; 06-26-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Housing only decreases of the economy slows down like it is now. Look at Tracy, the houses there were selling for over $500,000. And people were moving there even though it's Hot! People will move to whereever they can afford no matter how far away it is.
^^^It could be worth it if you work there. I think many commute to SF or San Jose for work. With gas prices going up.......
Also, housing market in Tracy takes harder plunge compare to area closer to bay. It might be hard for them to move back in to area closer to bay if their housing market doesn't keep up.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:49 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
I live in Disco bay

The first town south of Brentwood. I moved here from Marin county to be closer to work. Brentwood is a sleepy little town surrounded by farmland. Housing is cheap right now. The area is growing at an exponential rate. New Malls going up everywhere. If you have a few extra bucks and a boat or jet skis you can get a house in disco bay with a deep water lot and access to the the delta, ski beach, and lost isle! I drive Vasco rd every day into Livermore. I leave the house at around 4pm and work till dawn. The trip back is quick. Only 17 miles and no traffic. I feel sorry for anyone that has to make the trip from Livermore to Brentwood between the hours of 4pm and 6pm. Bumper to bumper the entire way.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:59 PM

Car Info: toaster
i live in brentwood as well and i can't find anything negative other than the commute. weather is great and the city is rapidly growing. i think they're making a nordstrom rack out here. iv'e heard they are trying to model it after the walnut creek area. very nice houses and hella MILFS.

as for the commute i have a bike so that helps a lot for the rush hour. hopefully the economy will get better and the houses will be worth something later. its not as bad as people make it out to be. cops dont bother you unless your driving like an idiot...... my .02 cents

WES
Old 06-26-2008, 01:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
^^^It could be worth it if you work there. I think many commute to SF or San Jose for work. With gas prices going up.......
Also, housing market in Tracy takes harder plunge compare to area closer to bay. It might be hard for them to move back in to area closer to bay if their housing market doesn't keep up.
My Wife and I live with my parents in Tracy. My Mom and I both work in San Jose. My wife and dad work in Pleasanton. There are a ton of people who make the commute to San Jose cause I see the same cars every day. To think, right now I could buy a 5 bedroom 3 bath house with 2800 sq ft for $300,000 or less. When the economy does finally turn around, that house will be worth over $600,000. Tracy does take a hard hit when the housing market slumps, my parents are down $200,000 on the value of their house, but if you buy now at a time when it's low, then you will make money. It's got me considering it, but first I'm looking Livermore and will settle for a smaller house for the same price as these larger ones in Tracy just to be 20 minutes closer to work and basically the world.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:15 PM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by gottaWRX
i live in brentwood as well and i can't find anything negative other than the commute. weather is great and the city is rapidly growing. i think they're making a nordstrom rack out here. iv'e heard they are trying to model it after the walnut creek area. very nice houses and hella MILFS.

as for the commute i have a bike so that helps a lot for the rush hour. hopefully the economy will get better and the houses will be worth something later. its not as bad as people make it out to be. cops dont bother you unless your driving like an idiot...... my .02 cents

WES
i've heard the same thing. I think they are trying to get the same people that designed downtown Walnut Creek to design a little bit of Brentwood.

And i don't know if anyone here golfs but there are 4 AMAZING golf courses all within 3 miles of each other.(Roddy Ranch, Brentwood Golf, Shadow Lakes, and Deer Ridge) They have a pretty decent size skate park right next to the water park. And like one of the guys said above, if you have a jet ski or boat, there are like 3 great places to launch out of. Brentwood is pretty chill and i would for sure recommend anyone to come live out here.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:46 AM
pwn

Car Info: 09 STi, 10 Cayman S
o_O good to know, thanks guys . I wonder what my time frame is for buying a house out there before things go way back up...*sigh* lol
Old 06-29-2008, 02:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
haha, just drove through vasco today.. there was a cop on one of those lifts that the cable guys use... peaking up over the hill with a radar and a bunch of other cops hiding in the turns right after.. interesting tactic
Old 06-29-2008, 08:36 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
I saw that too...

Yea, I'm pretty sure the guy in the lift had me pegged. I've never seen them do that before. All but one of the cops had someone pulled over just before Vasco hit's the twisties over by the dump. I thought for sure the last unit was going to pull me over. I now dub Vasco, "Revenue Lane".

Originally Posted by krzyxrevver12
haha, just drove through vasco today.. there was a cop on one of those lifts that the cable guys use... peaking up over the hill with a radar and a bunch of other cops hiding in the turns right after.. interesting tactic

Last edited by Chrisnonstop; 06-29-2008 at 09:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-29-2008, 09:01 AM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
lol^^
Old 06-29-2008, 11:15 AM

how much can u get a place for? dp wise and mo payment wise? Want to but I dont think im there yet, especially if i dont sell my aw 06 sti with 6k on it.

Quick Reply: Whats the deal with brentwood? Anyone live there?