What is so freaking hard to comprehend about a "Fast Lane"!??!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 02:33 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
What is so freaking hard to comprehend about a "Fast Lane"!??!?!

This makes my blood boil.

Fine example was yesterday.

I was taking my car into Subaru Of Santa Cruz... 880 had just turned into 17 by that big park/lake area... I'm going about 85mph or so in the fast lane... when I see a golf in the fast lane about 500 yards ahead of me... he's going slow, so I give him a little high beam blip... he takes it as if I'm insulting his family or something.... So he brake checks me, starts swearving in and out of lanes not letting me pass... basically just being a piece of hsit. I didnt wanna play his little game, so I got on my phone, called 911 and told them that this guy is driving like a maniac... etc, etc... he's on 17, etc, etc. The operator said she'd dispatch someone to intercept...

Well, he wouldnt let me pass the entire time on 17... so at the end when it splits off into santa cruz/1... I head into santa cruz and he takes the 1 exit... well, what do you know, guess who's waiting at the onramp to 1? Thats right, Johnny Law! HAHAH! I didnt see what happened, I just saw the cop pull out of his parking spot and get onto 1. (I reported the lic plate number and all). Justice finally was served! HAH!

Why must people drive slow in the fast lane!? WHY?! In Germany EVERYONE gets out of your way when you're in the fast lane... God! That bothers me like a motha' ****a'.

Sorry, had to rant and share my little story.

PS: That golf had a FMIC... it was ugly and the driver was a piece of crap.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:35 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
hahahahahhaa

awesome 0wn3d story
Old 09-03-2004, 02:41 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
Yeah Dan. There are fawktards that don't understand any concept of a fast lane, following the flow of traffic, etc. I hate jerks like that...he probably got owned. Good stuff.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:44 PM

Car Info: civic
haha, nice one brucelee.

had an audi brake check me like in the same situation before, cept he REALLY slammed on the brakes, down to 30ish mph on 580 =\ . I dunno, people go slow, yet they dont want you to pass them. Doesn't really make sense if u ask me.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Aspin '02 WRX sedan
People are just retards at driving.... &(^-') great job on the call brucelee, that is funny. I cannot stand people who don't use their blinkers... all the sudden they are just slamming on their brakes (last second) and I have no idea why, then they make a turn. Or those people who use them as they are squeezing into my lane, just because you have it on doesn't mean you have the right-of-way to just come into my lane...

seriously, driving isn't that hard...

again, hella funny story!!!
Old 09-03-2004, 03:00 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
you are my hero.

That's one of my biggest pet peeves. It's like a global sign. high beams mean move over buddy. I mean...if I'm doing 90 and there's no traffic I'll move over for someone..shoot most of the time I move over before they get there. I do get pissed when someone rides me in traffic though.

it's like people figure...hey I'm going the speed limit...I don't have to move. Well it's not a "have" to thing...it's just called common sense and showing a little respect...be nice people. damn it.

My hero man...little pay back. That makes me happy. hope he at the very least got pulled over...little scare.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:03 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Im pretty sure he got nabbed... he had a bunch of mods done to his car... clear lights, exhaust, FMIC, etc... Im sure the CHP liked that.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:03 PM

Car Info: WR Blue 2004 WRX
GJ on gettin that guy. Maybe he thought he was playing Tokyo Extreme Racing

OT: Does anyone else see the Tiburon ads at the bottom? That's kinda random...
Old 09-03-2004, 03:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
This has to be one of my biggest pet peeves. Just like RSA WRX said, driving isn't that hard. I mean, it's not like you insulted that guy in the Golf's mother by flashing the hi-beams. People need to realize that when someone is behind you and you're in the fast lane, find a spot where you're no longer passing traffic and get over. It's that easy. Good call on calling the cops on that douchebag, Dan.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:32 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
<---------------------------------------
Old 09-03-2004, 03:35 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
thats what i like about the bike... *******s like that are just a memory after about 10 seconds tho i had one guy swerve at me a little bit trying to intimidate me away from splitting lanes... (something i said i'd never do, but now do ritually, lol) i was half tempted to take out his mirror as i passed w/ a 30 mph difference in speed
Old 09-03-2004, 04:13 PM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
I agree, if I'm in the fast lane and I see someone comming up behind me even slowly I make sure to get over incase they want to pass. If they dont pass then I get back in front of them but at least give people the opportunity.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:28 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by brucelee
What is so freaking hard to comprehend about a "Fast Lane"?
Nothing is difficult to understand about the fast lane. It's a simple concept. That VW driver understood it just fine. That's not why he didn't let you by.

Bogarting the fast lane is just another symptom of road rage, when you think about it. It's courtesy and safety to move over, even if for just 30 seconds to let an overtaking car go by. That jerk didn't move over because he wanted you (and probably others) to stay behind him. King of the Road syndrome. He may have a vienna sausage pecker and a slow car, but look who's hoggin' up the fast lane, now!

You were 100% right to sic the CHP on that guy.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 09-04-2004, 12:43 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
This is why my next car is going to be something with huge low end torque. Most normal people have not seen how fast a high hp car can pull on the highway. So I will switch lanes and downshift and mash the gas and cut in front of him before he has a chance to react.

Of course...he might swerve and hit me and we might both carreen out of control and die... *sigh*

Quick Reply: What is so freaking hard to comprehend about a "Fast Lane"!??!?!