what!! no iPhone 5!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
I've had iPhones for 3 years with no problems...
Old 10-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Identifier of i-Club members

Car Info: 2009 wrx
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
How can sprint spend 20 billion when they have been in the red the last 6 years? I can see Verizon or at&t paying the 20 billion because both of them make about 80 billion a year, Srpint has lost money since they took over nextel
im not claiming to say its a smart move on their part but wall street journal has an article about it. the deal was something that they wouldnt even come close to breaking even on the deal until 2014. but if they were able to successfully pull it off, every single mac geek would switch. all those nerds who spend nights outside waiting on the concrete for a phone or an ipad would probably transfer. i transferred from verizon to at&t to get an iphone but that was also before HTC was making anything descent.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:01 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by Gancherov
So we've been over this a million times, these threads go absolutely nowhere, why do you keep making them? Especially on the release date for a new iphone which you seem to hate so ****ing much. Looks to me like you really wanted to celebrate the iphone release.
This.
Originally Posted by Gancherov
I HATE my pos droidX, at least my iphone didn't crash when i tried to play music. So I, for one, welcome our new iPhone overlords.
That's because the iPhail is a glorified media device with a phone hacked onto it. It does one thing right, and does it well.
Originally Posted by flukewrx

We're you expecting it to be 4G / LTE capable? It doesn't seem like AT&T's network is ready for it to be upgraded to that yet even though it does seem like Verizon's network is getting more & more capable of it being able to handle that traffic now.
That POS network isn't fit for 4G. Instead of trying to buy up companies and monopolizing **** they should try to fix their infrastructure.

Last edited by rau; 10-04-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:05 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
I think the reason why they did not change the look is because so many people loved the look of the 4, the phone has a lot of changes and the inside is what really counts 2 i5's better cam, and 1080p is great, also its the ios5 that will really make the phone. I think it's going to be huge and great for verizon, sprint, and at&t to all have the phone!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:11 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by rau
This.
That's because the iPhail is a glorified media device with a phone hacked onto it. It does one thing right, and does it well.
That POS network isn't fit for 4G. Instead of trying to buy up companies and monopolizing **** they should try to fix their infrastructure.
it'a not easy as you think to fix network problems, let's take at&t, we all know they have problems when it comes to having the best voice service, but the data with at&t is crazy fast. The goverment is what stops all cell services from just putting up a cell tower or making the existing one's better. The LTE towers are said to make more radiation. If they have 30 billion the buy t mobile they have to money to invest into th existing towers... till the goverment steps in. Verizon was very smart and put up inactive cell towers in 2002 before the goverment started to say where and when cell companies can put up towers. (a very smart move on verizon's part!) In late 2003 all cell towers have to get state and us goverment approval....
Old 10-04-2011, 06:36 PM

Car Info: 07 rs STi swapped Rotated BW S200SX-56
^ sure you are lol, PM me for info lol

And I'm very happy with my Galaxy S 2!
You got some hookup we should know about, lol. Should have got ahold of you for a replacement when my iphone got ran over by a SUV...
Old 10-04-2011, 09:03 PM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
Also there is no 4G due to the fact that the size of the chips that are needed to run the 4G are not small enough to make small sleek phones. Thats why all you see are these huge, high resolution screens on all of the new phones. Apple does not want to come out with the next high resolution 5 inch screen phone, thats what their ipad is for. Everyone knows that they will come out with another one in 6 months anyways.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:14 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Mmm, a 4.5" retina screen iPhone...

Now that I would buy.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
HAIL HAIL HAIL.... That's exactly what bothered me about the iPhone.... Although I've owned two, Andriod platform I still like much better. Then blackberry then windows.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:53 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
id still be using my original blackberry curve from way back if i didnt drop it so much...dont you guys have computers? why the need for a crazy *** phone haha
Old 10-04-2011, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by slugrx
id still be using my original blackberry curve from way back if i didnt drop it so much...dont you guys have computers? why the need for a crazy *** phone haha
so we can crap and iclub at the same time duhh.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:39 PM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Just use GHETRO Piece of Crap Service (PCS)-waaay cheaper than all that overhyped "constantly changed every year" sh*t, it's funny how all these companies got y'all brainwashed into the "vicious upgrade cycle" with hella expensive phones & plans, it'll never stop. Pay phone anyone?
Old 10-04-2011, 10:40 PM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
Originally Posted by subie OCD
AMEN! 3G owner here. A little slow but it's nearly three years old and works with no problems. I don't understand the mentality of 'having to have' the next latest and greatest tech phone/gadget...
^ my mom has a 3g andd it is so slow! it takes like 5 min to turn on and it no longer has app support. for me I need a phone that runs fast haha
ya, my 3g kinda crapped out on me a couple months ago... it sometimes would have problems charging and telling me the correct battery level so i upgraded to an iphone 4. about 2 weeks after i bought it, apple stated that they would have their press release about the upcoming iphone, so i decided to return my 4 and go back to my crappy 3g so i could still use my upgrade towards the new phone.

all i've gotta say is that i am a bit disappointed. i thought at least there would be a new design. i knew there were rumors of apple releasing a 4s phone, but i held out on hope that they would release a 5.

anyways, regardless of that fact, i will be buying the new 4gs because it has only been 1 day with my 3g and I miss my 4... this thing is soooo freaking slow! and it seems like every single one of my apps crash regularly. even text messages have been crashing on me.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by STiWRX06
Just use GHETRO Piece of Crap Service (PCS)-waaay cheaper than all that overhyped "constantly changed every year" sh*t, it's funny how all these companies got y'all brainwashed into the "vicious upgrade cycle" with hella expensive phones & plans, it'll never stop. Pay phone anyone?
I barely have reception with ATT in my area... Verizon being the most reception.... Metro sprint and etc..... think again.

Where's the last place youve actually seen a pay phone anyways?

How about we all get Ham Radio Licenses...
Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 AM

Car Info: Reason
My employer bought me a 4 for work when it came out, and I bought a 3GS for my personal use when it came out. No major gripes with either except for carrying two phones a lot of the time. I just swapped out the 3GS at the Apple store because the GPS was acting up along with a host of other problems. I guess I can expect no less for a beyond-cycle device that gets heavy usage. Going to sell the brand new white 16 GB 3GS on ebay when I order the 4S on Friday. My only real complaints have been the slow camera and the lack of flash support in the web environment.

Cool story bro!

Anyway, I am facepalming super hard for all of you who really thought the update would be called the iPhone 5. Have you been paying attention at all in the last 3 years?!

Quick Reply: what!! no iPhone 5!