what kind of snowboard setup do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 11:29 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Originally Posted by Lowball
Gear:
Burton AK 3L for most days (Layer Up!)
How's that working out for you?

I had a 3L set up -- I think it was called the 3L hover? From 08-09.

The zipper on the jacket was completely awful, but I did like how sturdy the fabric was. The other thing that sort of bugged me was the cut of the jacket.

The pant's, on the other hand, certainly didn't mimic the jacket: I got snagged on a branch in utah back country and it just ripped the rear pocket to crap. The pants have pretty awful zippers too, but at least the cut is good, and the fabric is very flexible.

I ended up repairing the pants but I ditched the jacket in favor of an Arc'Teyx Sidewinder SV, and I'm never looking back.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:08 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
09 Forum Young Blood 154cm on 08 Burton Custom bindings. Cheap DC boots, REI ski socks, Northface baselayers under FourSquare 5K jacket and Shift Snowboard/MotoX pants. Anon majestic goggles with Rose Chrome lenses, Burton beanie, and North face Ice climbing gloves.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Working great for me. the zipper is kinda of stiff but it works and is really a non issue. No rips as of yet. I've always used the burton or northface stuff for the most part when it comes to gear...one season I went with Dub Brand and was pretty happy...still have all the stuff.

But the 3L stuff keeps me dry and that is most important to me.

Originally Posted by akdmx
How's that working out for you?

I had a 3L set up -- I think it was called the 3L hover? From 08-09.

The zipper on the jacket was completely awful, but I did like how sturdy the fabric was. The other thing that sort of bugged me was the cut of the jacket.

The pant's, on the other hand, certainly didn't mimic the jacket: I got snagged on a branch in utah back country and it just ripped the rear pocket to crap. The pants have pretty awful zippers too, but at least the cut is good, and the fabric is very flexible.

I ended up repairing the pants but I ditched the jacket in favor of an Arc'Teyx Sidewinder SV, and I'm never looking back.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
Burton Floater Wide 167

I'm 6' average size and have always wondered why people ride smaller boards? quicker turning? 1080s all day? all this small board talk makes me wanna try one.
I recommend you try a 159 to 162 and see how you like that. The largest board I've used was a Burton 168 and it was plenty big for pow and bombin'...but the boards I used most of the time are the 159 directional freeride and 162 directional twin.

Also, I have a 13 boot and ride standard width boards...I just like the quick edge to edge that I get from it...I hate feeling like I'm riding a piece of plywood...heavy and slow. But I think some of the newer wide boards, if set up right would be fun to try again.

If you get too much toe/heal-drag you can always run Palmer Plates to boost you up a few mm higher...but for me I just know how much I can put the board on edge...and most of the time i just point it anyway
Old 02-03-2010, 12:43 AM

Burton 158 Custom
Burton P1 Carbon Bindings
Burton ION's

Been pretty happy with the set up
Old 02-03-2010, 06:35 AM

01 Kale Stephens board with new Ride Bindings. I just started out