What the hell is wrong with people...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 12:20 PM

Car Info: 2015 DGM WRX
I came to this thread expecting lulz.

I leave satisfied.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:29 PM

Car Info: 2010 wrb WRX wagon
Unfortunately, not only is the law on their side, they have no defense against a vehicle, so you'll have to let that one go CA law technically states that if they are in a crosswalk you cannot cross the crosswalk until they have cleared the intersection, stepping onto the sidewalk. That's crazy.

If someone was just slow getting across the intersection, then by all means, I will wait, but the law is that if some crosses an intersection against the red even while in the crosswalk, this is considered jaywalking and is ticketable. I know this because a cop once threatened to give me one.

Also, though more arbitrary, if a crosswalk is within reasonable distance and you do not use it, that is also considered jaywalking.
Pedestrians Outside Crosswalks

21954. (a) Every pedestrian upon a roadway at any point other than within a marked crosswalk or within an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles upon the roadway so near as to constitute an immediate hazard.

(b) The provisions of this section shall not relieve the driver of a vehicle from the duty to exercise due care for the safety of any pedestrian upon a roadway.
I couldn't find a specific law in a couple minutes right now, but it can be safely assumed that using a crosswalk against the red would fall under the same law as a car does when running a red light.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:40 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by kyle16
Unfortunately, not only is the law on their side, they have no defense against a vehicle, so you'll have to let that one go CA law technically states that if they are in a crosswalk you cannot cross the crosswalk until they have cleared the intersection, stepping onto the sidewalk. That's crazy.

If someone was just slow getting across the intersection, then by all means, I will wait, but the law is that if some crosses an intersection against the red even while in the crosswalk, this is considered jaywalking and is ticketable. I know this because a cop once threatened to give me one.

Also, though more arbitrary, if a crosswalk is within reasonable distance and you do not use it, that is also considered jaywalking.

I couldn't find a specific law in a couple minutes right now, but it can be safely assumed that using a crosswalk against the red would fall under the same law as a car does when running a red light.
That is true, but if they enter the crosswalk while green, even if it turns red while they are still in it, they have the right of way just like a car. Sorry, but I am not waiting for them. Once they are out of my way, I am going
Old 01-12-2011, 01:40 PM

Car Info: N/A
Old 01-13-2011, 06:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by sigma pi
I have bigger fish to fry when I fly
Right there with ya, pal. Looks like a Delta/Mesaba Bombardier CRJ-900. I was stuck on one at JFK for 3hrs yesterday before we could leave for ORD.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:11 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
OH son of a ***** You can actually close hte door
i envy you

Yeah its bad like that for me
good luck to us
Old 01-13-2011, 06:50 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Psssht next thing you know you will say this is a small door way

hmm yao ming gained some weight
Old 01-13-2011, 06:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
i envy you

good luck to us
I'm 6'4 250 right now, I don't even try to go to the restroom. I try to make sure I can hold it as long as possible cause I hate those damn bathrooms. That's why it's my wife's job to change our son's diapers on the plane. She's 5'4.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:49 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
I'm 6'4 250 right now, I don't even try to go to the restroom. I try to make sure I can hold it as long as possible cause I hate those damn bathrooms. That's why it's my wife's job to change our son's diapers on the plane. She's 5'4.
Hahaha... Damn. On this flight, we were locked in the plane for ~3hrs before we were allowed 20min outside for snacks. I basically had a 6hr flight from NY to Chicago...
Old 01-13-2011, 07:51 PM
VIP Member

i envy you

good luck to us
Yup - if I bend my knees so they touch the counter and then SLAM the door I can essentially put the restroom on. Getting out is fun.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:23 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
hmm yao ming gained some weight
I actually met Yao. Not really a nice guy kind of a jerk but oh well

The shirt is wrinkled because I had to put my arms forward to get in
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
HAHA I went to china 16 hours i think. I slept for all but 5 didnt drink didnt eat didnt get up once
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Hahaha... Damn. On this flight, we were locked in the plane for ~3hrs before we were allowed 20min outside for snacks. I basically had a 6hr flight from NY to Chicago...
lovely
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Yup - if I bend my knees so they touch the counter and then SLAM the door I can essentially put the restroom on. Getting out is fun.
Yeah the folding door. Dont even have to lock it because you cant open it
Old 01-14-2011, 04:42 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
Haha this morning I got a very bright idea for a new "safety" feature. Some sort of test, so that "If you're dumb, you can't start the car!" then I later on compounded on it - where this "safety feature" should also be implemented in residences. If you're dumb, you can't leave your house!

(I was actually partly serious, but that's the grumpy-morning-hater-haven't-had-my-coffee in thinking)
Old 01-14-2011, 04:55 PM
9 to 5 mod

I am the same way in the AM
Old 02-15-2011, 05:36 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Anyone care to vent.

You know what I find frustrating... When people drive with those bukake face shields and nearly kill you because they can't see you.

Crazies man... seriously. Kicker was that the passenger literally had a jacket over their head hiding out.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:46 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I love life and everyone I meet.

Quick Reply: What the hell is wrong with people...