What happens when shops forget to pay their rent?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 12:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
He was being sarcastic b/c there are like 3 posts in that forum...
Regardless, there's another forum there if people can't deal with Alex's ruling. Considering that he does own the site.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:42 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Originally Posted by trey2s
I'm not being smart, but aren't you supposed to moderate the forums, not your, or anyone else's life and the problems in them? What does an attack on a moderator have to do with the safety and good being of the forums? Because you feel upset now?

So what does i-club stand for again?
This isn't a moderation question. This is someone directly attacking the person who owns the boards, He can do whatever the hell he wants, it's his perogative. Quite honestly, I'd do the same thing if someone started bring up personal stuff and trying to sling crap.

There are other Impreza clubs, there is only one I-club.
Alex, you know you've got support here.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Zoeb, I'm aware of all that. However, there's still a difference between making fun of a mod (such as me, or any of the other "staff members") and the site admin. You have to agree with that. And regardless, Dan and the whole DPT thing went way too far, and he was breaking the rules consistently anyway. He deserved this ban.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002
gagen, do you really think without imprezer the subaru community wouldn't grow? every car has its message boards, some greater than others but thats more due to the owners of the cars, its not imprezer who's to thank here, if anything, I-club events haven't be A+ anyway with the track day horror story.

imprezer: none of the DPT threads were ever posted outside of the BAIC forum, dont know why your gettin all worked up because of it, this should be the forum where bay area members can post
Old 09-05-2004, 12:46 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
I'm missing the point.
Alex may not take credit for the online Subaru community, but I'll sure as hell acknowledge him as the person responsible for this place and the resources we use on a daily basis. That gives him the right to do what he feels is right in his domain. End of story.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:47 AM

Car Info: #400
...This isn't about bringing down I-Club, or even saying anything bad about it. Who said about switching forums? This forum ****ing rocks, until **** like this happens when a friend gets nerfed for posting 3 times about a fake shop that EVERYONE knows isn't a Vendor that is supported by I-Club. You worry more about personal attacks on yourself than moderating people who post 6 times in a row about something that makes no sense and is wasting board space. Or how about Scott in this thread posting about 20 pictures of cute little forum sayings that everyone gets pissed off at. Doesn't even get a mention: simply not as important as a personal problem...

imprezer: none of the DPT threads were ever posted outside of the BAIC forum, dont know why your gettin all worked up because of it, this should be the forum where bay area members can post

That pretty much sums it up for me. It's not like he went in the Vendor forums advertising services! :-/

Last edited by trey2s; 09-05-2004 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:47 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Zoeb, I'm aware of all that. However, there's still a difference between making fun of a mod (such as me, or any of the other "staff members") and the site admin. You have to agree with that. And regardless, Dan and the whole DPT thing went way too far, and he was breaking the rules consistently anyway. He deserved this ban.
Matt,

Davon was actually one of the few that was not breaking the rules...you could see that if you searched his posts (no sarcasm intended) The reason davon started this thread was b/c of a prior comment that pissed him off, but other then that you could see that the DPT stuff really was not him at all..
Old 09-05-2004, 12:48 AM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Its not the fact that it is my forum. It is the fact that people should not act like that towards other people here. It is uncalled for. It is not needed. It is below the belt. Whatever you call it. The fact that it was directed towards me also plays a role, but it is not THE reason.

If someone was to do something like that to other person, I would take action as well.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:50 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
...This isn't about bringing down I-Club, or even saying anything bad about it. Who said about switching forums? This forum ****ing rocks, until **** like this happens when a friend gets nerfed for posting 3 times about a fake shop that EVERYONE knows isn't a Vendor that is supported by I-Club. You worry more about personal attacks on yourself than moderating people who post 6 times in a row about something that makes no sense and is wasting board space. Or how about Scott in this thread posting about 20 pictures of cute little forum sayings that everyone gets pissed off at. Doesn't even get a mention: simply not as important as a personal problem...

count much ?
Old 09-05-2004, 12:50 AM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
I concur, Davon did not participate in DPT joke.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Imprezer
I concur, Davon did not participate in DPT joke.
So you'll unban him? Otherwise, his ban is only because of a single concealed attack on yourself. You are the one who came out and said it was you he was talking about...
Old 09-05-2004, 12:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
if someone came into your house, and made a direct attack at you in front of your friends and associates, what would you do?

personally, i'd tell the ***** to leave and not to let the door hit him on the way out.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:03 AM
BanHammer™

So you'll unban him? Otherwise, his ban is only because of a single concealed attack on yourself. You are the one who came out and said it was you he was talking about...

its Alex's forum, he can do whatever he wants. We all do not have the 'right' to be here, if you do something he does not like, he can kick you to the curb and not even blink an eye
Old 09-05-2004, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by RussB
if someone came into your house, and made a direct attack at you in front of your friends and associates, what would you do?

personally, i'd tell the ***** to leave and not to let the door hit him on the way out.
He could have PMed him to tell davon to stfu or he's going to get the boot. I guess he's running the no-tolerance policy around here.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:08 AM
BanHammer™

He could have PMed him to tell davon to stfu or he's going to get the boot. I guess he's running the no-tolerance policy around here.
good.. its about time

Quick Reply: What happens when shops forget to pay their rent?