What happens when shops forget to pay their rent?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 10:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
Originally Posted by AWD 20T
Alex,

I have never really had a problem with this site. As you can see I have been a member for quite some time (12/02) and have learned a great deal about my car, and met some people that have turned into good friendships rather than just people I chat with on the boards. Having been a previous active NASIOC member, my choice of Subaru information site has turned to I-Club because of the members, information, etc. However, until late it seems that things have changed. I have to say in general that people seem to be quite uptight on this site. I am not going to point out any individual members or threads/posts, but in general people really need to realize that this is an online forum and things should be more relaxed than they are. I understand there needs to be a good deal of moderation on here to make sure things don't get out of hand in the way that they could without it. But in general people need to be less (excuse the lax term) "butthurt" about the little things that go on. We are a community and like any kind that is made up of many people around the globe, there is going to be some controversy, but someone has to agree with me on this that many should just lighten up and take things with a grain of salt. I have no problem saying that I have been involved in some of the things that are frowned upon by you, but in no way were they meant to cause the drama that has developed. I just thought I should share what was on my mind.

Chris
I for one am offended by that comment..
Old 09-04-2004, 10:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Alex,

I have never really had a problem with this site. As you can see I have been a member for quite some time (12/02) and have learned a great deal about my car, and met some people that have turned into good friendships rather than just people I chat with on the boards. Having been a previous active NASIOC member, my choice of Subaru information site has turned to I-Club because of the members, information, etc. However, until late it seems that things have changed. I have to say in general that people seem to be quite uptight on this site. I am not going to point out any individual members or threads/posts, but in general people really need to realize that this is an online forum and things should be more relaxed than they are. I understand there needs to be a good deal of moderation on here to make sure things don't get out of hand in the way that they could without it. But in general people need to be less (excuse the lax term) "butthurt" about the little things that go on. We are a community and like any kind that is made up of many people around the globe, there is going to be some controversy, but someone has to agree with me on this that many should just lighten up and take things with a grain of salt. I have no problem saying that I have been involved in some of the things that are frowned upon by you, but in no way were they meant to cause the drama that has developed. I just thought I should share what was on my mind.

Chris

Truth be told, you and your pals are the ones who cause 99% of the drama of which you speak. And you can't post ***** jokes and then try to act smart in the same thread. If you want to fix the problems you're posting of, try looking at yourself, man.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Thumbs down You have talent

But you aren't a shop Dan. I've always liked that you've done 90%+ of the work on your car, and that really speaks volumes on it's own. I like that you help others install items on their cars for little or no reimbursement. But you aren't shop, and that's just a fact.

Not belonging to a shop, not owning one, and not being employed by one, what makes you feel that you have any right to state such comments? Simple advice to you: Don't listen to what these i-club misfits say and complain about to you on IMs and chat.

To zoeb, chris, aaron, and the many others whom feel that attacking alex is your civic interweb duty, you guys need to realize that this is not a public place. None of your tax dollars are going into this site, and nothing is owed to you. Actually that goes for every member that is on this site. We pretty much OWE Alex every bit of respect for started that first bulletin section on ImprezersLair back in the late 90s. From there, the internet subaru community as we know it today has become what it is. We have close to 10 community sites, tailoring to specific interests and 5 times that many companies whom offer products and support for our cars.

But none of this would be here in the manner that is is today, here in the unites states, if it weren't for Alex. No matter much you dislike his policies, and no matter how much you feel that he mistreats you on this forum, you owe him that much respect for even sparking the internet community for our cars.

You've publicy chosen to disregard his authority, and I have 100% back of his decisions from now on with how to deal with your misbehavior on this board. This is HIS site, and unfortunately, you must comply with his askings, or not be included.

Back to Dan. I think its pretty low to say things like this. If your memership meant that much to you, you would have thought twice to post things like this on the net. You aren't only personally attacking Alex, but attacking a business in our online community as well as our community here in the bay area. You have zero proof to back your claims, and you have no base in your remarks.

Anyone here whom feels that they have the right to say what they want is absolutely wrong. If you dont like this site, get the **** out of here.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
If you carefully read my post, you would see that I admitted to doing things Alex did not appreciate, so thanks for reminding me once again. As for the drama you refer to, it only seems to turn into / create drama because of assumptions or skewed interpretations of the meaning behind the posts. If people wouldn't take things to heart so much on a public internet site, perhaps the drama would decrease. Sure, I talk **** to people in certain situations, sometimes warranted, most of the time not. But as far as I'm concerned, you don't like it, delete my post, I could care less. Oh and I can't post ***** jokes and act smart as well? That's very interesting. I suppose you're the kind of person who also believes that because I'm only 20 and most likely younger than you, I must possess a greater level of immaturity than you. Please, age really means nothing.

Chris
Old 09-04-2004, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
If you carefully read my post, you would see that I admitted to doing things Alex did not appreciate, so thanks for reminding me once again. As for the drama you refer to, it only seems to turn into / create drama because of assumptions or skewed interpretations of the meaning behind the posts. If people wouldn't take things to heart so much on a public internet site, perhaps the drama would decrease. Sure, I talk **** to people in certain situations, sometimes warranted, most of the time not. But as far as I'm concerned, you don't like it, delete my post, I could care less. Oh and I can't post ***** jokes and act smart as well? That's very interesting. I suppose you're the kind of person who also believes that because I'm only 20 and most likely younger than you, I must possess a greater level of immaturity than you. Please, age really means nothing.

Chris
Please remove your mouth from his nuts for at least one minute...

Old 09-04-2004, 10:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Oh and I can't post ***** jokes and act smart as well? That's very interesting. I suppose you're the kind of person who also believes that because I'm only 20 and most likely younger than you, I must possess a greater level of immaturity than you. Please, age really means nothing.

Chris
The fact that you're 20 doesn't make me think you possess a lesser level of maturity than I, that fact that you make ***** jokes (and poor ones at that) does.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Age means nothing, you're correct. However, I'm just saying that posting stupid crap implies immaturity, which is totally separate from age.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Old 09-04-2004, 10:56 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Please, age really means nothing.
LOL. It is a good indicator of how people act. A 15-16 yr old is probably more likely to talk **** to have fun than someone in their late 20s or early 30s. Same goes for their driving style... just look at the insurance rates.

It's a fact.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
Originally Posted by nKoan

i had that cd, but someone jacked it.

that cd = gg
Old 09-04-2004, 10:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
Originally Posted by soundwave
LOL. It is a good indicator of how people act. A 15-16 yr old is probably more likely to talk **** to have fun than something in their late 20s or early 30s. Same goes for their driving style... just look at the insurance rates.

It's a fact.

which is exactly why GI's are all 18, easily programed, and arrogant sonnovaguns lol
Old 09-04-2004, 10:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: stock 04 wrx sedan
i know i may be adding fuel to the fire but dans not here to defend himself so im sure this comment was the reason dan decided to make this thread

(DPT is not a vendor and neither is a professional installer.

Sure, if you choose someone work in your car in someone else's garage for $9.99, its your choice.

I'd like to see what dpt will do when someones car falls off the jack stands or catches on fire during fuel pump and bbq.

- Alex )
Old 09-04-2004, 10:58 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Old 09-04-2004, 10:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
To respond to Gagan's post: I greatly appreciate Alex's willingness to create this site and run it how he has been. If it weren't for him, I would not know half as much as I do about Subarus and would not have met the people I am friends with thru this. I don't have a problem with Alex or really any of the members. I just think that some people take things way too seriously which doesn't end the situation, but just fuels it and makes it more dramatic than it has to be. The DPT situation is a perfect example. The initial thread was a joke of course, but also to give Dan a few thumbs up for the great work he did on a few members' cars. A simple reply to the thread by a staff member or Alex letting members know that he isn't an actual business would have sufficed to many. But instead people got all worked up about it and mad over a harmless joke. Oh I'm sorry if people thought it was a real business. I got a few PMs about DPT by members who believed it was a business: I simply replied telling them the truth and our discussion ended. Dumping the thread and creating huge drama about it was not needed, at least in my opinion. In my eyes, I see nothing wrong with a member of our community helping out people on installs. If those letting Dan help out feel the need to compensate him for his time, that is their business and no one elses. EVERYONE on this site is free to patronize anyone he/she feels like to work on his/her vehicle. Whether it be a storefront or a generous member/friend. If this isn't the case, then I think no one should be allowed to help ANYONE with anything, be it advice or physical labor. But considering the fact that the Subaru community is promoted here, I find that contradictory.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
i personally just dont care...

but one thing is for sure this site and its memebers is getting alittle more and more club SIish...

i mean when i first started going to meets i loved hanging out and kicking it with everyone, and it seemed everyone was cool and mature but latly the crowds have gotten all kinda childish and more clickish (little *****es)

and that sucks
edgar,
subaru = honda

Last edited by zumnwrx; 09-04-2004 at 11:08 PM.

Quick Reply: What happens when shops forget to pay their rent?