What happened to S-Squared?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Troll

Car Info: GT35R White 2005 Impreza STi and a 2000 Camaro Z28/RS
Originally Posted by newyorkreload
Looking,

Your names John right?

I see this is a heated issue for you. for me it's not. Most of the people I've talked to were satisfied with the service they got from s2 and are a bit bummed that things went the way they did. Getting all hostile about it won't change things. you have your perspective. each of us has ours. and each of our varies.

I'm sorry that you feel like you got shafted. I really do. We've met a few times and you come off as an alright guy. But this is like the third thread in less then a week where you just fill the board with hostility.

Make love, not war.

haha you would be a little heated too if a shop blew your motor, because there really isn't much you can do but warn other people. What pisses me off is the fan bois try to act like the shop never ****ed up, you have people coming out of the BLUE(some not even subaru owners!!) saying that said shop has blown up their car, has lost xxx part, but you guys continue to ignore that part of it and act like everything was fine and dandy!! Some of the things they have done ARE illegal, some are fraud and some are just down right wrong, I know Joe and Nate don't mean any harm by any of it, but the fact still remains that people where getting straight up SHAFTED, but if some newbie came around in the SRIC and asked "What shop should i do a Big MAF and GT35R swap????!!!!" The nut swingers would still say S-Squared without even hesitating!! When they obviously aren't capable of it! So when you have a whole board of people trying to scew the truth you have to stand up for yourself and say what you think and not let someone else fall into the same trap you did.
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by gilmore25
Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 17 (14 members and 3 guests)
gilmore25, 02BlackWRX, LookingForPower, MadLarkin, MaxD, mcdrama, newyorkreload, RussB, STIdevildog, sybir, sytran666

Who's hiding now

why do you want to know so badly. Dude, let it go. :\
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 17 (14 members and 3 guests)
gilmore25, 02BlackWRX, LookingForPower, MadLarkin, MaxD, mcdrama, newyorkreload, RussB, STIdevildog, sybir, sytran666

Who's hiding now
sure as hell aint me, i'll be the first to admit that this thread is the only thing stopping me from sleeping right now
Old 12-20-2005, 11:27 PM

Car Info: 05 LegacyGT,06 Black STI Will be home Soon
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
sure as hell aint me, i'll be the first to admit that this thread is the only thing stopping me from sleeping right now

Same here

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
why do you want to know so badly. Dude, let it go. :\
Old 12-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX

I think I got the bird flu.

I need my rest.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:31 PM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
For posterity.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:32 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Originally Posted by newyorkreload
Make love, not war.
make powa, not bombs.

:O

sorry, all this talk of blown motors and angry people made me feel funny.

in all seriousness, if the guy is pissed, he most likely has reason to be. Being a business owner isn't just about making a buck, its about making your customers happy so they speak good about you, and admitting if something was done wrong and doing what ever you can to make things right.
There is obviosly something seriously wrong if the shop closed up without good reason, but the parent company or what ever is staying alive.

just my input as a consumer.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by soggynoodles
I think I got the bird flu.

I need my rest.

You too!!! 6 ppl at my office are out sick a few think they have this Flu!!!

Hope you feel better
Old 12-20-2005, 11:34 PM
Token Toyota Mod

You too!!! 6 ppl at my office are out sick a few think they have this Flu!!!

Hope you feel better

Thanks dude.

Well I'm going to bed.

Nite peeps.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by LookingForPower
Some of the things they have done ARE illegal
and an open wastegate, high flow cats (giving you the benefit of the doubt here), really really big turbo, injectors, all the other fun stuff on your car IS legal?

c'mon, most people here who are modding their cars, and the shops knowingly performing these mods on street cars, are breaking the law.

none of this excuses what happened to you and your car and from the sounds of it, a few others, but accept at least some responsibility. after all, who decided to go down this road in the first place?

just a hint for next time you do this with a car, if you sink a bunch of $$ into it and it's not making the power you expect and you suspect the motor may be damaged, a BIGGER turbo probably isn't the right answer.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:38 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by mcdrama
make powa, not bombs.

:O

sorry, all this talk of blown motors and angry people made me feel funny.

in all seriousness, if the guy is pissed, he most likely has reason to be. Being a business owner isn't just about making a buck, its about making your customers happy so they speak good about you, and admitting if something was done wrong and doing what ever you can to make things right.
There is obviosly something seriously wrong if the shop closed up without good reason, but the parent company or what ever is staying alive.

just my input as a consumer.

Damn nice post!! Very well Said...

"make powa, not bombs."
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

HAHAAHHHAHA
Old 12-20-2005, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by RussB
and an open wastegate, high flow cats (giving you the benefit of the doubt here), really really big turbo, injectors, all the other fun stuff on your car IS legal?

c'mon, most people here who are modding their cars, and the shops knowingly performing these mods on street cars, are breaking the law.

none of this excuses what happened to you and your car and from the sounds of it, a few others, but accept at least some responsibility. after all, who decided to go down this road in the first place?

just a hint for next time you do this with a car, if you sink a bunch of $$ into it and it's not making the power you expect and you suspect the motor may be damaged, a BIGGER turbo probably isn't the right answer.

Guess Bigger isn't better
Old 12-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by RussB

Oh, I wasn't talking about being illegal from that aspect. I realize that my car is illegal and take full responsibility for that portion of it, the illegal part I was talking about was the stealing of products that is all. I also knew going into it that my stock motor wasn't going to last very long, it's common knowledge if you add power things are going to break, but in my specific case the motor blow really had nothing to do with the mods, it was how the car was tuned and the blow by in the motor would agree with me. Also if a motor is already blown, what does adding a bigger turbo change... Just makes it give out faster
Old 12-21-2005, 12:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
I dont give a **** who it is keep my name out your mouth[or away from your fingers]. I still need to deal with some insurance bull**** and dont need any hassle. TIA.

Last edited by pbchief2; 12-21-2005 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:27 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Whooooaaaa... What the hell? This is all news to me.

Quick Reply: What happened to S-Squared?