What happened around here?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 12:08 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by Diavolo
thats a shame if its a damaged harness. did they locate physical damage? that should be a simple repair someone could sign off on
I think they have to handle it in a certain way because it is a safety item. Otherwise I would have taken the car back and fixed it myself. IWire is backed up right now I heard, they can make a harness from scratch but it looks like over 1 month to get it. Dealer can't use a used item, which are easy to find, or a non-OEM part. At this point, maybe I will have to work it out with them and sign off on someone else building the harness for it. They attempted to fix the damage before and it lasted just under 1yr, so now they recommend it be replaced.
Old 04-05-2021, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by 04GG
I think they have to handle it in a certain way because it is a safety item. Otherwise I would have taken the car back and fixed it myself. IWire is backed up right now I heard, they can make a harness from scratch but it looks like over 1 month to get it. Dealer can't use a used item, which are easy to find, or a non-OEM part. At this point, maybe I will have to work it out with them and sign off on someone else building the harness for it. They attempted to fix the damage before and it lasted just under 1yr, so now they recommend it be replaced.
dang, are they going to let you keep the outback indefinitely? I still haven't taken my 06 in for any of the airbag recalls. I wonder what will happen if I try now.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:51 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by slow04wrx
dang, are they going to let you keep the outback indefinitely? I still haven't taken my 06 in for any of the airbag recalls. I wonder what will happen if I try now.
Well, I have 2 cars and the other one is fine. This one was fine until the second recall.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:09 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
so crazy that its been soooo long
Old 04-06-2021, 10:45 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

I have put 2000 mi on the loaner already lol.

Hopefully we'll be able to have BAM this year. Not sure if the venue will be ready for that, but Bay Area mostly moving into Orange tier.
Old 04-07-2021, 07:01 AM
Churro Aficionado

We had our first local meet last week. Didnt post anything public, just the small core of peeps
Old 04-09-2021, 06:51 PM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
ooh.. if BAM comes out these year, i'll roll thru. been years since i showed up.
Old 04-11-2021, 12:35 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Bam?

Bam!
Old 04-12-2021, 12:05 AM

Car Info: 09 WRX
After owning my WRX for almost two months I finally was able to drive it about 9 miles today. I managed to do 7 of those miles without a check engine light coming on.
P0021 code.
Back in Feb I bought the car at a dealership which was about 80 miles from my house, just before getting home P0021 code popped up. Car has been down since.
I replaced both OCVs and some other maintenance stuff made a few upgrades and cosmetic repairs. Finally was able to drive it for the first time today since Feb, but didnt get far. Was hoping the OCV was the problem, guess not. I'm tired of wrenching on the thing, I'm just going to take it to a shop. I keep hearing RBMS and GST are the go to.
Unless anyone has other advice?

(you might notice my avatar is a LGT, yeah i regret selling it right about now haha)
Old 04-12-2021, 07:09 AM
Churro Aficionado

Those two shops are great for Subaru^
Old 04-12-2021, 09:08 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Mann Engineering is here in the South Bay. They may cost you a bit more, but they will definitely fix the issue. If you don't mind going to Hayward, RBMS and GST are both great choices. There is also AutoHQ in Mountain View, another well known Subie shop.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I took my previous 2010 Legacy in for the airbag recall in 2019 - they did another for the electric parking brake at the same time. Seems okay but it had a curious greasy handprint on the headliner was all. Probably should ask about this 2013 and see if it was done but the interior is perfect in this one. We can take off our snow tires now so I found a set of Legacy 17's for my BRZ and put the 18x8's and PS4's on the Legacy. Have to say I like the Legacy wheels on the BRZ (LGT 5spokes basically but we did not get the LGT here).

I miss RBMS, that is for sure. Haven't found a great shop over here yet. I know there are a lot of good shops in the Bay but RBMS always sorted out my issues and for a great price.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:24 PM

Car Info: 09 WRX
I made an appointment with GST.
Mostly because I think I read somewhere they can do a tune in house, and RBMS didnt have a dyno, unless thats old news?
Ed at EQ tuned my previous car a couple times and he did amazing work. I cant say enough good things about him and will always recommend him as a tuner. I'd like to go to him again, but if GST can tune too, and my car is already there being fixed by them, then im going to give them that additional business too.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Diavolo
I made an appointment with GST.
Mostly because I think I read somewhere they can do a tune in house, and RBMS didnt have a dyno, unless thats old news?
Ed at EQ tuned my previous car a couple times and he did amazing work. I cant say enough good things about him and will always recommend him as a tuner. I'd like to go to him again, but if GST can tune too, and my car is already there being fixed by them, then im going to give them that additional business too.
No that makes sense! I think you can't really go wrong with any of these shops anyway. Ed also did my last tune on my WRX before I left the Bay. I have known him (and the others actually) for almost 20 years now. I met Ed at a Vishnu Dyno Day and he had his WRX tuned right before mine was done, so we ended up standing around talking for a bit. Back in the day.

I ended up going to RBMS a bunch because GST can be a bit slammed due to tuning and depending on if they are prepping race cars and such. RBMS was always able to get me in and my stuff was pretty simple. The last thing I actually had done was when I came back to the Bay to visit and was able to borrow my old 2000 2.5RS from the new owner - so I took it in for a new clutch and rear wheel bearings as a "thank you" for letting me use my old car while I was there. Was pretty hilarious showing up... Like.. What is happening right now (he knew the new owner, and that I had moved to Sweden). Good times.

Old 04-14-2021, 03:51 PM

I just saw that LIC closed down, holy that is a huge loss for the community. I hope all is well with Adam and Noah. They are great guys. Wish I could have gone back before they closed. Is there anyway they will come to an event?

Quick Reply: What happened around here?