hullllloooooo
Old 03-03-2021, 07:07 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
bumperoo
Old 03-03-2021, 02:34 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Would anyone want some free car care products? Nothing exotic; I have various Meguiar's, Adam's and Chemical Guys compound, polish, wax, wash and trim products. I can put together a list for anyone interested.

Moving and won't have a garage/driveway in my next place and downsizing stuff I don't care to move. Available for pick up in Hayward or Oakland.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:25 PM

Car Info: 09 WRX
Sure why not! I'd be interested if you could put together a list. I could pick up in Oakland.
Its a little trip for me, but might be worth it. I was needing to restock my stuff anyways.
If I come through, could I at least trade you for something? do you need anything for your new place?
Or I could offer up use of my tools and driveway for a future tech day if you need a place to clean or wrench on your car.

Last edited by Diavolo; 03-03-2021 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:51 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Would anyone want some free car care products? Nothing exotic; I have various Meguiar's, Adam's and Chemical Guys compound, polish, wax, wash and trim products. I can put together a list for anyone interested.

Moving and won't have a garage/driveway in my next place and downsizing stuff I don't care to move. Available for pick up in Hayward or Oakland.
Moving where this time? Still here or far again? Somewhere firearm and mod friendly? I am in Hayward on Fridays except this week, so depends on when you need it gone.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Not a ton going on here. We finally have mask recommendations in some places, and bars/restaurants have to close at 8PM now. Still no lockdown of any sort.

I picked up a 2013 Legacy 2.0 turbo-diesel wagon - "Sport" model w/ 6MT yesterday. Drove it a bit today and it's probably the nicest used car I have ever bought. 120k km and paid 129,000SEK for it. That's around 74,500 miles and around $15k. Was looking at Golf R's but it's just about impossible to find one with a manual gearbox here, for some reason. Then this Legacy popped up. Not really a comparable car but it was half the price of the cheapest Golf R I found. Hope I can keep it for a while. Torque is so fun - pulls hard at motorway speed from around 1600RPM in 6th. But, in my defense, I have been driving a BRZ for a while.

Hope everyone is hangin in there... Strange days.
Old 03-04-2021, 11:29 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Diavolo
Sure why not! I'd be interested if you could put together a list. I could pick up in Oakland.
Its a little trip for me, but might be worth it. I was needing to restock my stuff anyways.
If I come through, could I at least trade you for something? do you need anything for your new place?
Or I could offer up use of my tools and driveway for a future tech day if you need a place to clean or wrench on your car.
Cool cool. I will take inventory and think about what I might need. Last part definitely sounds temping. Been a while since I met up with any i-Clubbers

Originally Posted by 04GG
Moving where this time? Still here or far again? Somewhere firearm and mod friendly? I am in Hayward on Fridays except this week, so depends on when you need it gone.
I guess I do have a history of moving a lot I am moving from Hayward to Oakland. Trading in a three bedroom house with roommates for a 58" boat. Part of me getting more into sailing and saving money to get out of state. So still in firearm Commi-****-fornia, but it will be a lot easier now to have a boating "accident". I plan on hard core looking for an out of state job as soon as I finish a large system roll out at work.

I will take inventory and pictures this weekend. I want it gone in the next month or two. Storing this will be a bigger pain than moving plus getting rid of what I just have no used.

Last edited by LxJLthr; 03-04-2021 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:08 AM
Churro Aficionado

Thats quite a transition!
Old 03-08-2021, 06:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Talking

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Not a ton going on here. We finally have mask recommendations in some places, and bars/restaurants have to close at 8PM now. Still no lockdown of any sort.

I picked up a 2013 Legacy 2.0 turbo-diesel wagon - "Sport" model w/ 6MT yesterday. Drove it a bit today and it's probably the nicest used car I have ever bought. 120k km and paid 129,000SEK for it. That's around 74,500 miles and around $15k. Was looking at Golf R's but it's just about impossible to find one with a manual gearbox here, for some reason. Then this Legacy popped up. Not really a comparable car but it was half the price of the cheapest Golf R I found. Hope I can keep it for a while. Torque is so fun - pulls hard at motorway speed from around 1600RPM in 6th. But, in my defense, I have been driving a BRZ for a while.

Hope everyone is hangin in there... Strange days.
That thing sounds AMAZING!!! Pics please!!

-Brian
Old 03-09-2021, 10:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
That thing sounds AMAZING!!! Pics please!!

-Brian
Couple pics - first one is the day I bought it so it still had the 18" summer wheels/tires on it, which is illegal here now. It has a set of generic Subaru 16's on it now with snow tires. Ironically the same wheels I have on my BRZ but silver instead of dark grey. It was nice and clean in that pic but since it has snowed/thawed twice since I got it, it is starting to look a little nasty already. I think the interior is more or less the same as the US Outback with a few subtle changes. The 2010 I had before was all silver stuff in the center and the trim along the dash, so I like the blackout a lot better. The 2010 also did not have a temperature gauge - instead it had a fuel economy gauge in that spot.

Yeah this car is exactly what I was looking for. We had one before but my wife and I split last year and she got the 2010 Legacy, so I bought this one. Had planned to get something in the summer but this one is really nice. It's actually what I wanted to get when we first went shopping for one back in 2018 - diesel "Sport" model with the Bilstein suspension and other bits. I drove it a bit today running some errands. Definitely a large wagon but it's still pretty fun to drive. Definitely not "fast" but, I like it. Diesel is interesting. Certainly fast enough to get into trouble. Shifter is the newer cable-actuated style, so it feels more like a VW than a Subaru. Still works well though. Clutch is weird, but it is the same as every other turbo-diesel Legacy I drove, so I guess it's normal for these cars. Engages very low, but higher if you bring the revs to 2k. You can also just let out the clutch at idle in 1st and it will take off. Heh.

Check out that redline... Womp womp. Forty-seven-hundred awww yisss.

EDIT: Damn these pics are huge - let me know if it is a problem and I will remove them.

Last edited by wombatsauce; 03-09-2021 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Holy crap big pics are big.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:12 AM
Churro Aficionado

mmmmm thats hot

Quick Reply: What happened around here?