What exhaust is "Better"

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 11:33 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Maddad Whisper or Borla Hush
Maddad for sure. If I was starting over and could choose any exhaust I wanted on my car I'd get the mad dad full 3inch TBE twin tip whisper. Amazing exhaust.

As for the OP... tough to say. You're talking about two exhausts on the opposite side of the spectrum. One is quiet. One is loud.

I run the perrin. I LOVE the sound but it's pretty damn loud. And I love the slash tips. But dude above was right. Pretty much everything perrin makes has one issue or another. The fitment of my exhaust is garbage. And it's HEAVY. But it's been on there and it's been just fine. I love my exhaust and the only way it's coming off is if I come up on a mad dad.

IF you want quite the borla is a great option and can be had pretty cheap used pretty much any day of the week. I see them all the time.

But my vote is mad dad. IF you find it's too quite we can work something out on my perrin. LOL!>
Old 09-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Maddad for sure. If I was starting over and could choose any exhaust I wanted on my car I'd get the mad dad full 3inch TBE twin tip whisper. Amazing exhaust.

As for the OP... tough to say. You're talking about two exhausts on the opposite side of the spectrum. One is quiet. One is loud.

I run the perrin. I LOVE the sound but it's pretty damn loud. And I love the slash tips. But dude above was right. Pretty much everything perrin makes has one issue or another. The fitment of my exhaust is garbage. And it's HEAVY. But it's been on there and it's been just fine. I love my exhaust and the only way it's coming off is if I come up on a mad dad.

IF you want quite the borla is a great option and can be had pretty cheap used pretty much any day of the week. I see them all the time.

But my vote is mad dad. IF you find it's too quite we can work something out on my perrin. LOL!>
love my maddad. I have the single tip. It is the quietest stock looking full 3" exhaust i've ever heard. Not sure of the difference between single and dual tip.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:39 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
something free flowing like this-

Name:  carplow.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  25.6 KB
Old 09-06-2011, 11:39 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by johndabrit
love my maddad. I have the single tip. It is the quietest stock looking full 3" exhaust i've ever heard. Not sure of the difference between single and dual tip.
Just the axle back.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:43 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI
I have the GMS full 3in cat back system and it has a stock look and the sound is not loud unless im at WOT and its still not loud. it has a nice rumble to it. was cheap too. but ill bet the fit is nothing like the borla or mad dad.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:59 AM

Car Info: 2005 obp wrx
i own a borla hush. when i was in the market for it, they sold quick and were kinda hard to find but apprently now theyre everywhere? it gives the nice suby rumble but not hella loud when cruising in low rpms. on wot it sounds amazing though. fitment was good, me and my buddy were able to install it fine with no fitment issues.

ive had it when my car was stock, then when i went stg2 catless ater i passed smog. the tones didnt really change going catless, but i can hear the turbo spool up even more now.

i love it cuz its twin tip and cops dont harass me for it. i seem to see one cop a day when im doing errands and going to work, so being sleeper status with cops is a big plus for me.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:00 PM

Car Info: VF48'd WRB Bugeye
I love my Maddad running into an MRT axle-back!
Old 09-06-2011, 12:13 PM

Car Info: Hybrid
Are you talking about cat-back exhaust or just the muffler?!

I've always been partial to Invidia, Borla, and HKS.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:19 PM

Car Info: 07 STi, 02 F150-FX4, 04 ZX-636, 07 990 SuperDuke
Originally Posted by magnum3zx
Borla hush

or

Perrin twin Tip?
What are you looking to get out of the exhaust?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:20 PM

Car Info: "Shadow"
cheapest + loudest = 3" straight pipe cbe (pure rally style for a rally car, plus cops don't **** with you cuz no bigass shiny canon muffler exposed). No problemo so far, i absolutely love it, i swear it gave me some extra power too. It's VERY loud though, you'll def get noticed & hear that beautiful boxer rumble constantly!

Last edited by STiWRX06; 09-06-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:48 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
I have had both and I like the Perrin better. is it the new perrin or the older one? cause the older one is made a lot better
Old 09-06-2011, 01:05 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

I have a Maddad too and the sound is pretty good on my 2.0l. My buddy had one on his STI and it sounded amazing so Id definitely recommend it. I'll probably end up getting another electric cutout though because every once in a while you just want to be heard.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:14 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX
I've got the (older) Perrin twin tip. Its loud as hell, even with silencers in it. Mine is on a wagon though so makes it even louder inside. Doesn't drone, just loud.

I'd go Hush if I had to do it again.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:16 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by elementliquidx2
i own a borla hush. when i was in the market for it, they sold quick and were kinda hard to find but apprently now theyre everywhere? it gives the nice suby rumble but not hella loud when cruising in low rpms. on wot it sounds amazing though. fitment was good, me and my buddy were able to install it fine with no fitment issues.

ive had it when my car was stock, then when i went stg2 catless ater i passed smog. the tones didnt really change going catless, but i can hear the turbo spool up even more now.

i love it cuz its twin tip and cops dont harass me for it. i seem to see one cop a day when im doing errands and going to work, so being sleeper status with cops is a big plus for me.
Yeah... I just found 6 of them in less than a minute. Try to do that with MadDad. I've seen 6 for sale in the last 12 months... MAYBE. Probably more like 4. Same with Perrin... especially the older set up. Think I've only seen a couple for sale recently.

Borla is kind of a standard. Like Stromung was in like 2003/2004.

Still a great exhaust for the stealthy folks.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:34 PM

Car Info: 2010 Impreza 2.5i Premium Boosted
Invidia is a fairly cheap exhaust right? I bought the Invidia for my car a couple months ago and I love it! It looks amazing and is so loud and it seems really well built but Invidia is one of the cheaper made exhaust I'm told? Between the 2 in the op, I would probably go with the Borla.

Quick Reply: What exhaust is "Better"