What do you regret most about your college days?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 05:24 PM

Car Info: 07 350Z
Originally Posted by flukewrx
Hate to tell you, but Stupid People are Everywhere. Not just in school, but most likely you may end up working with some of them. Heck, they may even be people that you have to get information from in your job or even worst you may have to report in to them.

Depending on what kind of job you get you may still have work to take home as well (hopefully not, but it depends on what you do).
That is very true lol. But there tends to be a lot more idiots in your classes. I don't know if it's my luck, but I've never had a serious partner actually do work and not rely on me to finish the whole project.

I'm doing Mechanical Engineering, it is a hard major and it's time consuming with a 3 hour lab class M-F, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm guessing that job will have some projects, but idk.....I hate this lol.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:29 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Not picking a better degree to major in.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
I regret:

1.) Not picking a major that was specialized enough to practically guarantee a well-paying and/or comfortable job. (If you have to ask what majors those are, you're not thinking about it hard enough)

2.) Not studying abroad (I wish that I took a semester at Sophia University in Tokyo).

3.) Not having more fun with friends. There are some people that I wish I spent more time with; they now live 5,000 miles away.

4.) Not dating more. There's no better playing field than school.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:48 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
Originally Posted by Calsoldier
I went to UCSD, and had a great time (which is hard to say for most people). Double majored in Political Science and Econ w/ Management Science in 4 years, which was nothing more than 16 units a quarter. I absolutely wish I would have stayed an extra year by throwing in a year abroad somewhere in there.

Don't rush getting out of college (unless you're not having fun there), it doesn't get better afterward, there's a bit of novelty to be had as a broke college kid which is hard to replace with whatever financial/career ambitions you may currently have.

Ps. You hang the noose in Geisel?
Haha the noose was a girl, she just turned herself in.

Biggest things seem to be:

1 - not studying abroad
2 - not dating
3 - not having enough fun

hmmm. Well, I'm not sure if you guys can tell but studying in the U.S. is studying abroad for me. study abroad on a study abroad lol?

I am always in the library though... taking 21 units right now. taking 23 next quarter... i'll think about getting a gf and having some fun then haha.

Thanks for all the great responses guys!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I wish I stayed in Cali for school instead of moving to Maine to live with my grandmother and going to school as a commuter. It sucked. I don't really regret it that much cause it's led to the life I have now. What I regret the most is not finishing and getting the **** out with a degree and a real career instead of doing admin BS.

But I plan on fixing that, I'll be quitting work to go back to school full time starting in the Spring 2011 semester.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:10 AM

Car Info: 2017 Limited Edition BRZ
I regret taking a semester off after highschool, therefore starting a semester late in college. I regret not trying harder in school. I regret changing my major, which resulted in my wasting a year's worth of time. I regret the fact that I have to work while studying, therefore, not allowing myself to do the best I possibly can. I regret not meeting more people because I am always so busy. I regret not having the opportunity to join clubs and gain that real college experience. I regret procrastinating in school, which I am doing right at this moment. I regret the fact that I give up too easily. I regret putting others first before myself, thus, resulting in my non-dedication to my studies. I regret the fact that I didn't transfer straight out of highschool, when I got accepted into 4 different schools, but because I was so hard-headed and wanted to get into one particular school, I ended up staying, and thus wasting my time.

BUT i don't regret the fact that because I didn't transfer and move away, I was able to meet so many great people who I am proud to call my friends today. Honestly if I had transferred, I would have never met any car people, and therefore I would never have met my best friend, Ave. Which also means I would never have known what I-club was, yet alone what a Subaru was. So I guess, some things happen for a reason.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:24 AM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
i should have done more drugs.. i mean study more?
Old 03-03-2010, 04:00 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I regret not being more social. I was doing great int he dorm, I knew almost everyone in my building and we always went out to parties together, but once I was in class I never talked to anyone.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:28 AM

Car Info: '08 FXT - VF43'd
Originally Posted by JDM555
That is very true lol. But there tends to be a lot more idiots in your classes. I don't know if it's my luck, but I've never had a serious partner actually do work and not rely on me to finish the whole project.

I'm doing Mechanical Engineering, it is a hard major and it's time consuming with a 3 hour lab class M-F, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm guessing that job will have some projects, but idk.....I hate this lol.
That's the problem right there. You're still in school. LOL.

In 5 or 10 years, when you look back, you'll hopefully realize that your college years were the best years of your life. It's where you meet your lifelong friends, mature into the person you'll eventually become, and experience more things during those 4-6 years you spend in school than you will for the rest of your life.

Obviously, this will be dependent of where you go to school, what you make of your experience in school, and what you end up doing afterward. And I'd probably try to go away for school. Commuter schools will rarely give you the same experience as living in a college town. Doing the whole dorm life. Do JC for 2 years if you have to, but aim to transfer to a 4 year university.

Most people work from 9-5, or sometimes longer, and do their daily routine (gym, dinner, tv, whatever). Rinse. Repeat.

Looking back at school, I can honestly say it was the best 4 years of my life. Obviously, I wish I had studied a bit more and studied abroad, but I would not trade that for all the fun I had and all the friends I made. Working full time doesn't give you the privileges of random Vegas trips or late night beer runs. We used to just go to Vegas on a Friday night on a whim.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:32 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
not a damn thing

maybe got better grades for some strange reason
doesnt really matter in the real world
Old 03-03-2010, 08:35 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by flukewrx
Hate to tell you, but Stupid People are Everywhere. Not just in school, but most likely you may end up working for some of them.
fixed.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:14 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Studying Communications instead of Law or Engineering... big mistake.

I don't think I understood at the time that cool jobs don't pay well.

I should have spent more time on campus and less time working
Old 03-03-2010, 09:22 AM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
I wish I had gone to college so I could drop out and backpack around Europe for a few years.

Oh well, this career I fell into works too.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:45 AM

this is....

this is a depressing thread.... Just graduated 2 years ago.... Wish I was still there. Growing up sucks *****....especially if you;re not making a sh*tload of money....or gettin laid every other week with a new girl.... sigh.... sigh...

it could be worse though....
Old 03-03-2010, 10:57 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
... oh yeah, I wish I woulda screwd more of the hot foregin exchange student chicks running around.
Sweede's everywhere @ Foothill college back than

Quick Reply: What do you regret most about your college days?