What do you regret most about your college days?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 02:47 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
Originally Posted by Pearl07STI
I regret not going to college and experiencing the whole "college life" kinda sucks but I'm happy with my job...
+1 - feel like I missed out on way more than just books.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:06 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Wished I was more focused in class instead of skating by. I also wished I took more initiative to use my free time to learn a few things. A half hour or so ever couple of days to learn one new design trick wouldn't have hurt one bit. I also regretted maxing out all my student loans cuz I kept thinking that's what I needed instead of what I was actually qualified for. I put myself and my parents in some pretty narly debt. It's not horrendous debt, but it's pretty bad otherwise.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:20 PM

I wish I started as a Political Science/Econ Major from the get go, instead of enrolling as an electrical engineering major (which is what my parents wanted me to be). I figure I would've gotten accepted into a better undergrad school, would have had a better GPA (since my crappy engineering grades wouldn't have screwed my cumulative GPA), and probably would've gotten into a better law school. Oh well, live and learn.
________
Lyme Disease Advice

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:27 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by irrational x
not focusing entirely on slutty freshmen. after that first 6 months they get fat and disease infested like everyone else
+100. Also I wish I wouldnt have drank so much @ my first big college party because I wouldn't have gotten whiskey dick and woulda banged 2 slutty college chicks @ the same time after they jello wrestling contest

DAMN YOU JAGERBOMBS!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Wish I was more confident, and tried to date people from SJSU. So many hotties, but no real time between being a commuter, and working the rest of the time. Was busy with scouts, racing, and other things, didn't have time for women.... but might've been nice to try that.

but who the **** cares, my wife is ****ing smoking hot. Definitely don't regret that one.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:51 PM

Car Info: WRX 2002
Choosing a bad mix of (hard) classes freshman year straight out of high school instead of easing into university and getting a feel for the long haul that was yet to come. Also letting the bad apples get to me instead of just ignoring them or telling them to **** off, man I never knew there were so many mediocre douches out there (and how they got into university I'll never understand ). But life out of college is great and I love the fact that we can continue to learn with the wide variety of great contiuning ed classes offered throughout the Bay.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:24 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by woocabin
I'm an Econ and Music double major trying to get out in 3 years. Everybody keeps telling me to enjoy college but I'm not sure I understand their point of view. I wana get out into the real world and get a job already.

Currently taking 20+ units every quarter =p

can anybody give some wise input from the other pair of shoes?
Your awesome, campus life is pathetic, get out asap and make some money.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:41 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
you can wish you had the "old days" after you're donE with undergrad, but you'll never be able to go back to it even if you're in grad school. unless all your friends are unemployed and live at home, i can't think of any other time when you get to pretty much hang out and do nothing most of the time. at one point i had three jobs and had a full course load but always ended up with time to chill. doesn't seem like the case anymore with all these 'sponsibilities.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Car Info: 07 350Z
I don't see how people say "I wanted to stay longer" I HATE College. What is fun about paying thousands of dollars to go to class and learn a bunch of **** that won't affect your real job in any way? Wasting your whole day studying and doing busy work, midterms and finals and grades and dates to remember and all that stress. How is that fun?

I don't mind doing "work", but when I go home, I don't know about you, but I want to relax and know that I don't have that "big 10 page research paper" due tomorrow or have a final that will either pass or fail you next week. I would love to go get a job and work, then go home and relax, then repeat. Having to worry about getting classes, going to school and buying countless books, and fees, and you might not get classes, and stupid people at school, AHH, I don't like that.

Lol sorry /rant.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:05 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
1) I wish I applied for Scholarships and Grants (It's pretty much Free Money that goes uncollected each year. You'd be surprised at how much you can get if you just take the intiative to look and see what's available). Also, don't think that because it's a small amount it isn't worth going after. Even $500 and less can still pay for books or help out financially.

2) I wish I would have been more focused early on for the grades as I really didn't like seeing the C's, D's & F's. Those really were my fault for not taking the time to study and just assuming I would absorb the knowledge rather than actually taking time to learn the material.

3) I wish I had studied abroad. That would have been a very good experience. Luckily though, if I really wanted to go abroad I still can as my brother works for the U.N. in Vienna and could probably help hook me up with a job if I really wanted it. I really need to go back over there again when I get some money saved up.

4) I wish I had actually tried to do some internships. Heck, when else are you really going to be able to do jobs that don't pay you anything and still survive? They are a great way to get your "Foot in the Door" and get a jump start on your career.

5) I wish I actually dated while I was in school. I always felt like because I was broke that I really shouldn't bother asking anyone out. School is pretty much one of if not the Best place to meet someone as you already have something in common with the person so that makes it slightly easier to initially approach someone and talk to them. You can easily go to school events as lots of them are Free or Cheap to go to. Also, just going to the gym at the school is usually free anyways and that can be a good place to meet other people (depending on what time of day you go to the gym).
Old 03-02-2010, 05:06 PM

Car Info: 98 RS, 69 camaro, 02 wrx
I regret not dorming...and dropping out of state to go to a JC and then transfering back as a junior.

couldve had sooo much more poontang..
Old 03-02-2010, 05:12 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by JDM555
I don't see how people say "I wanted to stay longer" I HATE College. What is fun about paying thousands of dollars to go to class and learn a bunch of **** that won't affect your real job in any way? Wasting your whole day studying and doing busy work, midterms and finals and grades and dates to remember and all that stress. How is that fun?

I don't mind doing "work", but when I go home, I don't know about you, but I want to relax and know that I don't have that "big 10 page research paper" due tomorrow or have a final that will either pass or fail you next week. I would love to go get a job and work, then go home and relax, then repeat. Having to worry about getting classes, going to school and buying countless books, and fees, and you might not get classes, and stupid people at school, AHH, I don't like that.

Lol sorry /rant.
Hate to tell you, but Stupid People are Everywhere. Not just in school, but most likely you may end up working with some of them. Heck, they may even be people that you have to get information from in your job or even worst you may have to report in to them.

Depending on what kind of job you get you may still have work to take home as well (hopefully not, but it depends on what you do).
Old 03-02-2010, 05:13 PM

Car Info: Car
I wished I focus more on the girls and less on studying
Old 03-02-2010, 05:14 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Originally Posted by Pearl07STI
I regret not going to college and experiencing the whole "college life" kinda sucks but I'm happy with my job...
You and me both my friend.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:18 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Even though I hung with friends, dated girls, goofed off, partied, had fun, took fun classes, I still wish I did more.

College was the best.

I'm an engineer now so I did study hard enough. And I did take internships that helped me get a job later. I wish I had played less video games.

Maybe I dunno what I'm missing, but a couple times I considered pledging a fraternity... and looking back I'm glad I didn't. Not for me.

Quick Reply: What do you regret most about your college days?