What do you guys think of the Oakland-BART cop shooting?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 10:58 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by AntiochCali
If he was intending to tase a suspect, who is not resisting, and accidentally kills him (no matter how, chokes, medical condition, pistol etc.) isn't that murder 2?

It would only be manslaughter if he was negligent, i.e. driving too fast, but he was working on giving a non resisting suspect pain (I'm pissed and I'm gonna hurt this guy a little) and killed him in error.
watch the videos, he is clearly not making it easy for cuffs to be put on, as well as yelling profanities at the cops
Old 07-13-2010, 02:11 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by mmagic
rioters should be executed on the spot, no exceptions. if you dont want to die, then dont gather.
Yeah, to hell with due process and rule of law!
Old 07-13-2010, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by slugrx
watch the videos, he is clearly not making it easy for cuffs to be put on, as well as yelling profanities at the cops
... and your point is?
Old 07-13-2010, 02:20 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Yeah, to hell with due process and rule of law!
When you turn your back on society and the simple rules set out for you. You IMHO give up the right to due process under that same law and should be executed on the spot.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Overbear
When you turn your back on society and the simple rules set out for you. You IMHO give up the right to due process under that same law and should be executed on the spot.
I disagree, but I understand what you're saying. However, it seems to me that you're neglecting the fact that the whole point of "rights" is that they should not be surrendered or taken away -- only protected.

EDIT: Really though? Execution for damaging or stealing property? That's how little human life means to you?

Last edited by saqwarrior; 07-13-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:30 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX PSM WAAGONE & 1967 vee dub squareback
My thing about this is, if you didnt do anything and an officer tells you to do something common sence tells you to do it. If you didnt do anything then you will be let go. Not that its ok to shoot any one or it was deserved but it probably would have went a totaly different way if oscar grant would have complied. I cant belive people in this world still want to question police officers especially after the 4 officers were gunned down in oakland. No Im not some one who has never had a run in with the police, I grew up in west oakland and have had good and bad experience's with police but at the end of the day they are there to protect and serve.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by scoobie8
My thing about this is, if you didnt do anything and an officer tells you to do something common sence tells you to do it. If you didnt do anything then you will be let go. Not that its ok to shoot any one or it was deserved but it probably would have went a totaly different way if oscar grant would have complied. I cant belive people in this world still want to question police officers especially after the 4 officers were gunned down in oakland. No Im not some one who has never had a run in with the police, I grew up in west oakland and have had good and bad experience's with police but at the end of the day they are there to protect and serve.
Two words: f*ck that. I refuse to submit to a police state simply because it is convenient.

"Papers please" ... sound familiar? It should.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:48 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by scoobie8
Clearly, you have never been hassled by The Man.

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Two words: f*ck that. I refuse to submit to a police state simply because it is convenient.

"Papers please" ... sound familiar? It should.
Where in **** have you been!?!