Whaaaassssup Bay Area! - Moving back to the Bay from Hawaii.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 12:41 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
nice car is nice
Old 02-27-2010, 04:04 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by vaj

As far as the 91 gas goes.. well I suppose that the WI system will come in handy there. I'll definately need a tune asap. Are you still road tuning Ed or do you have access to a dyno as well? I'd really like to get this car on a dyno to see where it is at. That being said the car has NEVER been on a dyno and runs very well on the road tunes I've had.

Where is a good place to buy methanol in the bay area? How about race gas? I have a 118+ 50/50 water/meth tune that is WAY fun. We used "Rocket Fuel" race gas for the tune.
I still do primarily road tuning, but I always use my proprietary road dyno software that gets you a whp/wtq plot just like a chassis dyno. Our AWD chassis dyno is coming in about 6 weeks, however, so we can always throw it on then to compare.

We usually have boost juice in stock which is a 50/50 meth/water mix. Otherwise I know you can order pure methanol from VP Fuels. If you like race gas, however, I would highly recommend checking out E85. We've been getting some amazing results with that stuff lately and its damn cheap compared to race gas.

-- Ed
Old 02-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
Originally Posted by vaj
Oh man, I am gonna miss this place I tell ya. I stay Big Island. Boost Junkies crew!

Just talked to someone at LIC about getting realigned/corner weighted when I get there (gonna be all messed up after I skyjack/ re-toe the car to get it into a carframe for shipping) and gotta say he was very helpful. He said they send cars like mine to a shop at Infineon up the road from them.

I'll be living about 30min from Infineon? Great Success!!!
It was nice chatting with you as well today!

As mentioned, bring the car by when you get settled in (your literally right down the street)...we'd be happy to assist you in anyway you'd like to go with your vehicle.

-Noah
Old 02-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
It was nice chatting with you as well today!

As mentioned, bring the car by when you get settled in (your literally right down the street)...we'd be happy to assist you in anyway you'd like to go with your vehicle.

-Noah
+1 LIC FTW all the way!

You'll find out why peeps from all over Nor Cal go the extra mile to take their cars here, and you get them right in your hood!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:44 PM

Car Info: WRX 04
Noah and Adam will hook you no doubt.
And when you start missing home - go visit He'e Nalu Canoe Club in Larkspur or San Francisco Outrigger in SF.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Welcome back, from the Big Island myself.. Graduated Pahoa High School and moved back to Hilo for 6 months in 2005 (Hilo Suby/Mazda said I was the only BRP '01 RS coupe on the island but I dunnoo..). If you have ever been to Imiloa, I put a lot of that together back in '05. Anyway welcome back! Check out the Hukilau in SF on Geary. Good times, and you would be surprised, there's TONS of L&L's now.

Choku Dori - when I was safety checking my Celica back in '05, I failed because of my parking brake (Supra rear end swap) and my non-functional front corner lights. The dude in the '34 Ford w/ the slicks, wheelie bar and blower sticking out of the hood wasn't there for that - he already passed safety - he was just getting his A/C charged..
Old 02-27-2010, 10:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Choku Dori - when I was safety checking my Celica back in '05, I failed because of my parking brake (Supra rear end swap) and my non-functional front corner lights. The dude in the '34 Ford w/ the slicks, wheelie bar and blower sticking out of the hood wasn't there for that - he already passed safety - he was just getting his A/C charged..
Sounds like the Big Island equivalent of a safety inspection station in Kalihi
Lots of THOSE KIND of safety inspection places have been getting closed down though these last couple of years. At least on O'ahu, particularly in Town.
Me? I just used to get it done at Sears
Old 02-27-2010, 11:07 PM
vaj

Car Info: 2004 Big Booty STi with a two finger gap.
Thanks for the help guys! Good to talk to you today Noah. I'm stoked you guys are up the street from me!

Yeah, custom hotrods in hawaii - no worries. Imports? Not so easy.

wombatsauce.. we've talked before I think. I definately remember talking to you about your car now and perhaps driving around santa cruz. I think that was you. Didn't know about the place on geary but I did see a bunch of L&L's and Ono Hawaiian BBQ places in norcal. That was great! I went and had some katsu chicken, mac salad and rice and felt right at home. Didn't know you did work on the Imiloa though. Computer work?

Last edited by vaj; 02-27-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:39 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Wow. probably one of the nicest STi's Ive ever seen. Your mod list makes it "look" a lot nicer, Im sure you know what I mean
Old 02-28-2010, 12:50 AM
vaj

Thanks brucelee. I've put a lot of time/$$ into the things you can't "see" on the outside. Aside from the widebody there isn't much exterior work to speak of. All the goody is underneath the skin.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
mucho props to you for that... I have a soft spot for subies that are done the way you have done yours... Wide body = fuctional, and other than that, everything else is under the skin and leaves so much to the imagiination which is the RIGHT way to do it.

I'd love to see it in real life. I'll be putting together our 10th annual bay area meet (huge meet with over 300+ subies that show up each year) this summer, hopefully you can make it out for that... We'll be at stafford lake in Novato, which is in your back yard practically. The event is going to be called "BAM 10", as in "bay area meet 10". All the bay area shops sponsor the event, there's food, raffle, tons of cars, prizes, great people, and everything else that large events have. Keep your eyes peeled because we have a yearly BAM car show, and your car looks like it might just have what it takes to win!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:41 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
if you are in santa cruz, go to aloha island grill on 17th/portola...its my favorite hawaiian food ever

welcome back to the bay area
Old 02-28-2010, 09:51 AM
vaj

Thanks for the compliments brucelee! More good things are planned for my car for sure. When is BAM10? I'd definately go to that!

I have a bunch of friends down in SC. I'll check out that place for grindz!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:15 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Hella nice, love the wide body!! You have my vote for bam car show!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:28 AM

Car Info: missing my STI 2006
welcome back

Welcome back man....
Good luck with driving it on the streets. I have now been reffed twice in less than three months. My car doesn't have nearly as many mods as you do but I got popped the first time for a aps intake, tinited windows, and no front plate and then the second time for tinted windows and Aps 3" catted exhaust. I know a few people who run very modded cars but never pulled over... Try to stay off 101 when you can

Quick Reply: Whaaaassssup Bay Area! - Moving back to the Bay from Hawaii.