We're going to Wed. Night Drags at Infineon Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 05:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I just skipped past all the bull**** drama, hope that's cool...

Anyone from the Bay go up and do this? What time do you need to leave the SF area to make it in time? It's been many years for me, and I am having trouble breaking in my engine on public roads. Too bad I missed it, and I had to go to Sac today anyway. DOH!
Old 03-25-2010, 06:20 PM

Car Info: 03 Bugeye, D675, Lightning
Originally Posted by wombatsauce

Anyone from the Bay go up and do this? What time do you need to leave the SF area to make it in time? It's been many years for me, and I am having trouble breaking in my engine on public roads. Too bad I missed it, and I had to go to Sac today anyway. DOH!
It is about 40 mins going on 101 i belive. U wanna make it there by 3 b/c they start running at 4 and u need "tech inspect". If you wanna compete on wed drags, hope ur times are consistent b/c once ur booted, ur done. No fun runs.....
Old 03-25-2010, 06:21 PM

Car Info: 03 Bugeye, D675, Lightning
^^ oh, and no it's not cool to skip!! you must step all over the dog poo to get to the end!
Old 03-25-2010, 06:28 PM

Car Info: 2006 sti
i dont think i have ever seen a thread stay on topic.the simpler they are the worse it gets.
who gives a flying **** if your friends car or other person you know through a friend who dated your cousin is faster.

thanks for the fluid ed.im now torn between toasting my stock clutch the next time you guys head out or just getting my new one installed now.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:46 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by earlyapex
A 1.73 60ft but you have traction problems in 4th? BS flag

C'mon now... run a real time with a 35R (not slower then 400whp evo stock turbo times) then you won't have to make up BS excuses..
LOLUMAD BRO? UMAD? umad?

Why don't you you just pop all the balloons and spit in the punch, dick. That last part is infinitely more accurate and true than your sweet GRAFS. No variability or margin of error there.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:57 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by nation
i dont think i have ever seen a thread stay on topic.the simpler they are the worse it gets.
who gives a flying **** if your friends car or other person you know through a friend who dated your cousin is faster.

thanks for the fluid ed.im now torn between toasting my stock clutch the next time you guys head out or just getting my new one installed now.
Its no fun ending your day because your clutch is toast. I would recommend swapping it out preemptively if you think its on its way out.

-- Ed
Old 03-25-2010, 07:00 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by wombatsauce

You skipped the drama?!?! How DARE you?

It really is amazing how tough it is to keep a thread on topic... really makes me want to post less and less. Oh well...

We got there a bit too late this time and only got 2 practice runs in before brackets started. I really think the test and tune days would be a lot better for this sort of thing.

-- Ed
Old 03-25-2010, 07:12 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Wink

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
Why would he have a need to lie, and go back to palying with "400" whp stick turbo evos... Maybe on a custom dynopack put not on a mustang, the most I have seen was 380whp on e85..
LOL. There are more 400whp EVOs on the stock turbo around here than you think...

Edit: Looks like Bryan beat me to it.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
You skipped the drama?!?! How DARE you?

It really is amazing how tough it is to keep a thread on topic... really makes me want to post less and less. Oh well...

We got there a bit too late this time and only got 2 practice runs in before brackets started. I really think the test and tune days would be a lot better for this sort of thing.

-- Ed
No doubt!!

Anyway.. I totally agree - forgot about the bracket racing part. I really am just looking for a safe place to gently run my car @ WOT to redline through two gears a few times. No idea what I will run, and I do not really care.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:00 PM

Car Info: 05' Evo MR w/E85 - 10' Ralliart Sportback w/E85
Originally Posted by scoo*B
oh btw, those dyno charts really show great example of the cars going down the track! you make a great point guy
I posted a time to go with the sheet Mr. HaterFlag waver. I also wished Ed best of luck at the end of the post. Reading comprehension.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:07 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top

^^^Would this qualify as a "great example" of a 400whp stock turbo Evo going down the track?
Old 03-25-2010, 10:13 PM

Car Info: old awd turbo thangy
if thats jesses car then it was only 385hp at that point as well.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
Originally Posted by Lurk

^^^Would this qualify as a "great example" of a 400whp stock turbo Evo going down the track?
track Vs. Street. Totally different. Tires hot or cold hook up completely differnt on the track vs. street. Either way.. that is a fast evo.. holy bawls
Old 03-25-2010, 10:42 PM

Car Info: old awd turbo thangy
Yeah I hear that the guy who tuned that car is kind of a bad *** with the Evo stuff and one hell of a ethug too!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
ethug = small schween

Quick Reply: We're going to Wed. Night Drags at Infineon Tonight