We're going to Wed. Night Drags at Infineon Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:32 AM

Car Info: 07 specB
oh btw, those dyno charts really show great example of the cars going down the track! you make a great point guy
Old 03-25-2010, 10:59 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited (sold 2009 WRX beast)
I was out there yesterday too but didnt run cuz I wasnt feel that great. I have to say some of the launches were... not so great. A lot of subies kept bogging. Silver wrx got some good launches that I saw.
Was it just too cold or what?
Old 03-25-2010, 11:05 AM

Car Info: old awd turbo thangy
Originally Posted by scoo*B
oh btw, those dyno charts really show great example of the cars going down the track! you make a great point guy
The car in the first chart went 11.4@120, and has been 124mph. On top of that thats not why the charts were posted, they were posted cause 04caliwrx said no one has made 400 on the stock turbo... Yet obviously plenty of us have.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:07 AM

Car Info: old awd turbo thangy
Originally Posted by kwiksilverwrx
I was out there yesterday too but didnt run cuz I wasnt feel that great. I have to say some of the launches were... not so great. A lot of subies kept bogging. Silver wrx got some good launches that I saw.
wed nights are just a real bad environment for traction in general. Couple that with infineons horrible head winds and it makes for some pretty good excuses on why cars dont perform up to standard... Its usually worth the trip to sac if you looking for impressive numbers.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:11 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited (sold 2009 WRX beast)
Originally Posted by ssteve
wed nights are just a real bad environment for traction in general. Couple that with infineons horrible head winds and it makes for some pretty good excuses on why cars dont perform up to standard... Its usually worth the trip to sac if you looking for impressive numbers.
around 6ish the winds changed direction and was back wind. Ive done drag at infineon and had no prob with my launching tho.
One of these days I get out there to the sac raceway :P

Just most yesterday seemed like they werent launching at a high enough RPM, ive lauched at 4500-5000 and feather the clutch a lil and take off without bogging.

What were you guys lauching at yesterday?
Ill be out next week to race.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:39 PM

Car Info: Def'Sik
Great Run Ed!

Sac is hit & miss with the track prep in the beginning

Wait for someone to wreck then they have to re-prep the track

I'd say hit up a TNT on Friday night or a grudgefest on Saturday
Old 03-25-2010, 03:39 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Not sure if your grouping me in there but if so MY car does much better, so I dont need to make claims.. Its a fact.

My only issue was that I did not see why or how it could possibly be spinning the tires in 4th, thats all... Sure its making decent power, but I have driven 600+hp(on GST's mustang dyno) awd cars that didnt break 3rd loose let alone 4th so it just didnt add up to me... Now with Ed saying its aligned for the track it makes perfectly good sense now... I have been there and seen it first hand.. My car made 404/403 last year and would spin 285 wide ADO7's in third... BUT that was because I was running -3.5deg of camber up front and -1.6 in the rear... My car now makes a lot more power then that and has less traction issues on 255 wide all season tires.
I hope nation wasn't including you in his comment. You raised a valid question and did so respectfully, politely, and without any "BS flags" . That's the right way to go about things IMO.

Like you said, alignment and track conditions can make a HUGE difference. You managed to spin 285's through 3rd gear because of the alignment settings. Then it would make perfect sense for this car to have such horrible traction issues with a bit more power, stretched 235's, the wrong alignment for drag racing, and the non-existent track prep last night.

I was honestly hoping for better results, but considering the circumstances I'm satisfied for the time being. I'm confident the car can hit 125-126mph traps with its current power level once we get the traction under control. Hopefully next time we'll see what it can do with a bit more power as well .

I will say I have a whole new respect for the guys running 10 second passes. Its amazing how difficult it is to put together a solid run like that with these kinds of power levels! Everything happens very quickly!

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 03-25-2010, 03:46 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

I'm not sure what the deal is, but it was very difficult to get a good launch out there. The guys who were bogging were probably just starting at too low of an RPM. All our cars had a lot of trouble hooking up off the line. Of course none of us are really set up for drag racing at all.

That being said, my best time came from a run where I didn't let the turbo spool enough on launch control and bogged hard off the line. Of course that kept the tires happy and I was able to make a clean pass the rest of the way. That ended up being an 11.8 @ 122mph with a 2.0 60'. If I was able to cut a 1.7 60' on that run, it would have been around 11.4 I believe? I'm not sure exactly how changes in the 60' convert over to the final ET, maybe you guys can fill me in on that.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 03-25-2010, 03:52 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

The car in the first chart went 11.4@120, and has been 124mph. On top of that thats not why the charts were posted, they were posted cause 04caliwrx said no one has made 400 on the stock turbo... Yet obviously plenty of us have.
Certainly no argument there. There are definitely plenty of stock turbo EVO 9's and 10's around the 400whp mark. I've tuned a handful of them .

-- Ed
Old 03-25-2010, 03:55 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

around 6ish the winds changed direction and was back wind. Ive done drag at infineon and had no prob with my launching tho.
One of these days I get out there to the sac raceway :P

Just most yesterday seemed like they werent launching at a high enough RPM, ive lauched at 4500-5000 and feather the clutch a lil and take off without bogging.

What were you guys lauching at yesterday?
Ill be out next week to race.
I didn't notice the winds change much, but also wasn't paying much attention to it.

I had the launch control set at 5500RPM and it would build about 6-7psi at the line. This seemed to work very well to just get off the line with very little tire spin. But as soon as the turbo spooled up further in 1st gear, it would just light up the tires. FYI, this car hits 25psi by the top of 1st gear .

-- Ed
Old 03-25-2010, 04:02 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by VALLEYJOE_STi
Great Run Ed!

Sac is hit & miss with the track prep in the beginning

Wait for someone to wreck then they have to re-prep the track

I'd say hit up a TNT on Friday night or a grudgefest on Saturday
Yep that's a good idea. I think we'll definitely hit up a test and tune next time.

-- Ed
Old 03-25-2010, 04:08 PM

Car Info: 2006 sti
my comment is for anyone slamming your runs and running their mouth.its a known fact that infineon can be a fast track when they prep the track which normally starts happening in april.it just bugs me when people throw out "my friends car makes xxx and could do better"
numbers on a dyno mean dick on the track,ssteve understands that,most people dont.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:20 PM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
all i can hear is the tires spinning on that thing
Old 03-25-2010, 05:26 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by gotrice?
all i can hear is the tires spinning on that thing
That's about all it wanted to do!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:34 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by scoo*B
wow bro, drink your haterade for breakfast?! the car is on stretched tires with bad alignment and is a customers car! we were just out having some fun and doing some testing...why do all you e thugs always have to get tough online, why cant ppl just give congrats and move on.

we had an awesome time out there, that was my first time at the 1320 in 6 years too and my first time ever fully launching my STi and i had a blast!
and another set of props to Dallas for an awesome pass!

cant wait for next time!
what did u run brendan?

Quick Reply: We're going to Wed. Night Drags at Infineon Tonight