Went for a drive today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 03:55 PM

there shoudl be weekly drives. there are already weekly meets.

i dont understand the meaning behind group "drives". people should have them WAAAYYY more often. dont tell me u guys have wrxs and only drive them occasionally when there is a meet.
im sure there are plenty of guys that will go out every week and burn a full tank of gas in a an hour or so.

we shoudl all go out and do it together.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:56 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
i normally only do that with people im close with and trust wont drive like an ***
Old 05-09-2003, 04:31 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
well, at Santa Cruz it's kinda hard to get people out there. When I used to go to school down there. I would put up meets once a month and we'll go for a drive after dinner. It was fun!

Leo
Originally posted by secretaznboy

i dont understand the meaning behind group "drives". people should have them WAAAYYY more often. dont tell me u guys have wrxs and only drive them occasionally when there is a meet.
im sure there are plenty of guys that will go out every week and burn a full tank of gas in a an hour or so.

Old 05-09-2003, 06:21 PM

yeah. dats true. but santa cruz guys shoudl still have their drives cuz im sure there are enough of them out there. but we should have drives in other areas.

i myself am in san mateo; 35, and 84 are all relatively close for me. i wouldn't mind organizing weekly drives perhaps in the evening time. we could start short distances before going for longer routes.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: E28M5, RAM Powerwagon, Motos
Is that Ice cream grade?

Is that on Bonnie Dune?
looks familiar.

-wrexr
Old 05-09-2003, 08:26 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Originally posted by AWD_Dan
Cummon where are the Mt. Ham ragers to represent? This road makes me moist just thinking about it.

...and not because Brucelee is playing with me
-Dan

uhhh, yeah i guess i could maybe qualify as an honorary hamilton rager. maybe. there's nothing i love more than hitting the twisties good and hard, but with my off a couple months ago, i'm still hesitant to hit it hard again. i loved my old subie, and it really hit me hard when i lost it last time. i got a great replacement, and i just gotta make VERY sure it stays out of harms way. knowaddamean? btw i am an 84, page mill, and alpine regular. those roads rUlE y0!!
Old 05-10-2003, 09:39 AM

Car Info: 2003 blue EVO
Originally posted by secretaznboy

Those cruised are lame... kinda fun, but still lame. To improve the quality time on these cruises you just need to put a few rules in place, road maps, GPS, and a co-driver and call it a TSD rally...
Old 05-12-2003, 05:19 PM

Car Info: White 2000 2.5RS-Turbo
No, I think YOU should! ... That is the Bonny doon road. I did go on a Page & Alpine run a few weeks back with everyones favorite M3 driver, Those roads are super sick!! lil narrow tho, but I like it tight!

Its your choice on how fast you want to drive, no one said you have to drive "fast". Personally I don't belive public roads should be used for testing tires at the edge of adhesion, save that for autocross and track days. Go and learn how to drive your car in a controlled environment, because maintaining control is the most important rule of driving! But hey, I like mashin the twisties, smooth, and with style! Feel the lateral G forces pulling my body in every direction. I know my limits, Know your limits.

Its not always as easy as that of course, thats why they call them "Accidents"
-Dan
Old 05-12-2003, 10:49 PM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
the bad thing though is that most roads i like better during the day. Mt. Hamilton you can take really fast during the day compared to at night. Well at least for me since i haven't been on it that much. But during the day you can spot ahead and see whats about to come up. Also during the day you can see ahead if a car will be coming so you can cross over the lane and hit a seciton faster. But during the day you always have to stop for the occasional slow driver or the camaro z28 who takes the turns at 10mph but accelerates in a straight to show how bad *** his car is.... Yes me and 2 others were stuck behind this camaro for the bottum 1/2 going down and it sucked.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:59 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally posted by tk5dan
the bad thing though is that most roads i like better during the day. Mt. Hamilton you can take really fast during the day compared to at night. Well at least for me since i haven't been on it that much. But during the day you can spot ahead and see whats about to come up. Also during the day you can see ahead if a car will be coming so you can cross over the lane and hit a seciton faster. But during the day you always have to stop for the occasional slow driver or the camaro z28 who takes the turns at 10mph but accelerates in a straight to show how bad *** his car is.... Yes me and 2 others were stuck behind this camaro for the bottum 1/2 going down and it sucked.
personally, i prefer driving at night. i can see oncoming cars a lot better (headlights) even if its a blind turn you know they are coming. plus there is less traffic so you can go faster.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:47 PM

Car Info: White 2000 2.5RS-Turbo
Exactly why I like it at night myself... Plus I got bright headlights to see real good at night