Well since the word has spread... My suby is dead

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 10:31 AM

Car Info: 05' Evo MR w/E85 - 10' Ralliart Sportback w/E85
The accident investigator and insurance investigator are going to have a field day with you.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
:rotfl: Sperry's got more track miles and autocross runs than you have trips to the store dude.
:rotfl: Then you'd think he would know more about the importance of tire pressures and that trip around a race track is a bezillion times safer than one of my trips to the store. No matter what his experience is, his comments, wild speculation and tomes of dribble had no place in Ed's wreck thread.

And... how do you know how many times I've been to the store? That's just creepy.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:46 AM

Car Info: 2005 Blue STi Gold Wheels Piggy Stickers!!!
Thumbs up Think you are right..

Unfortunately I think you are right. Since this is a solo accident it really points to driver error unless they can figure out otherwise. That is why I would get the tire company involved as well as really letting them know you had it serviced and exactly what was done. It is possible that you just had gunk on your tires, but then again maybe they did something wrong. I kow I wouldn't deflate my tires on the ground. IT could unseat the bead or something and is also just bad practice. I am not an expert, but any time I see my hot rod neighbors do tire work they either have the wheel off the car or it is up on a lift. That is just my opinion...

I would go to the yard and make sure the lug nuts are also not stripped and tightened apropriately.

Someone mentioned a crash investigator. It may cost you out of pocket money, but in the long run if they can prove you didn't do anything wrong it may be worth it's weight in gold.

My wife backed into a pole in a parking lot five years ago and it did $1,400 in damage. They made it nice again but all of a sudden we were paying 70% more.. Ouch!!!! When I asked them why they said it was due to the accident, and in six months they would review it again. Well I did the calculations and i would have payed them back for the work plus 30%!!!! That is not why I pay insurence, so we switched and got a lower rate than what we were paying before. So in the long run it makes sense to fight this tooth and nail and not let them chop it up to your fault...

Bring in experts, and what ever else you can think of. Ask the tire manufaturer if it ok to deflate the tires while on the ground.. Make the phone calls and get experts involved. It may be in the end it was brake fluid or something like that but make sure it doesn't go against you...

I always hate hearing about follks totalling their cars, but it erks me even more when the insurence compaies screw you down the road for something that shouldn't have happend.

It could be as simple as the tire company saying under no circumstances should the tires be deflated while on the vehicle, if it is not on a lift. This inserts doubt into the service companies procedures, and will bring fault away from you.

I am so glad you are ok... Good luck on this..
Old 08-12-2005, 12:48 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
boing

Last edited by verc; 08-12-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:11 PM

Car Info: sc300
Originally Posted by Hurucan
You can.

In college, I was heading out to West Virginia to ski and had my right two tires hit a patch of black ice. I was going 50 on a straight stretch of road. THe car jerked, and I overcompensated on the steering wheel. WHen the tires got traction again, the car pulled sideways and rolled two or three times.

Oh ya, I didn't leave any skid marks, either. Just a whole lot of broken glass and and some blue paint off the roof.
last time i checked it doesnt snow in davis... no black ice either i would think
Old 08-12-2005, 07:31 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by SnoHumper
last time i checked it doesnt snow in davis... no black ice either i would think
How do you get Davis from

"In college, I was heading out to West Virginia"

???
Old 08-12-2005, 08:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
How do you get Davis from

"In college, I was heading out to West Virginia"

???
Ed lives in Davis. He was comparing the two incidents...
Old 08-12-2005, 09:59 PM

My point was you can roll going 50 (and not leave skid marks). I wasn't trying to offer an explanation as to why Ed wrecked.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:25 AM

Car Info: sc300
Originally Posted by Hurucan
My point was you can roll going 50 (and not leave skid marks). I wasn't trying to offer an explanation as to why Ed wrecked.
this whole thread is about him wrecking... wtf?
Old 08-13-2005, 01:38 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
this whole thread is about him wrecking... wtf?
A couple people (including you) were claiming that since I rolled 3 times, I MUST have been going faster than I claimed (50mph). He was simply stating that you can in fact roll at 50mph and using his own incident as an example. Anything else you'd like spelled out?

Thanks
Old 08-13-2005, 06:23 AM

SnoHumper

i dont think you can possibly slide back and forth, feint, fishtail whatever a few times, then roll 3 times all from 50 mph. are you sure you didnt fishtail onto a bmx course or something?
I was responding to that comment from Sperry.

He expressed his disbelief that you could fishtail a few times and then roll 3 times at 50mph.

I know you can, because it's happened to me.

How is that irrelevant?
Old 08-13-2005, 08:57 AM

Car Info: 1988 Carrera & 2013 Carrera S
Ed,

I'm glad that you're ok and sorry that your car is gone (although I'm sure it will be replaced with something equivalent or better).

However, I'm very displeased with the way I-club is taking this thread. There are many members who actually feel bad for you crashing, while there are those few haters who have nothing else better to do than to bang on you while you're down. That's not what I-club is supposed to be, since the "I" doesn't stand for Idiot as many here don't know.

Good luck with everything and take care.

Oleg
Old 08-13-2005, 11:03 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
you guys really should not take anything to heart from SnoHumper. He is just some kid in high school like half the jack-offs on here. He most likely has gotten his *** kicked around so much he feels the need to e-bully. Cause that is the popular thing now in grade school. The bullied become the bully. Or in this case try to.

The douche bags will always be every where, even on nasioc.

Alex - I have a feature request, and I could even help code it. Make an option for logged in users to meta-moderate like on slashdot.org, so frequent users can +1 or -1 retarded posts or users. and if people choose to not view -1 posts, then we do not have to see the BS they post, but still is there for the rest of the world to see.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:05 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
oh yeah, Ed glad you are OK.

Please keep it real, get an 06 WRX and not an EVO. :banana:
Old 08-13-2005, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Calsoldier
I'm very displeased with the way I-club is taking this thread. There are many members who actually feel bad for you crashing, while there are those few haters who have nothing else better to do than to bang on you while you're down. That's not what I-club is supposed to be, since the "I" doesn't stand for Idiot as many here don't know.
I think a few people are just not shocked to hear about a scooby crash that again was put down to freak circumstances and not simple driver error.

good thing is, if the tyres are inflated to 90psi, there will be evidence, if the oil filter was not screwed on correctly, there will be evidence, if there was a snapped suspension part, there will be evidence.

like someone previously said, a crash investigator will soon get to the heart of any major failures of the car. then this will be put to rest....or not.

Glad to hear your o.k. Ed, get a legacy GT, keep it dead stock and make it 400whp, that'll shock a few Porsches.

Quick Reply: Well since the word has spread... My suby is dead