Weird Noise after dp install

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 05:47 PM

Car Info: drives a STi
Originally Posted by DemonPossessed
hey robert,
its your downpipe hitting the crossmember.
I had this problem before with my helix downpipe.
let me guess it thumps pretty hard while shifting aggressively right? and when you turn your car off it feels like a hammer is knocking from under your car.
possible fixes:
grind down the crossmember a little
there is a bracket that holds the downpipe to the tranny. you can undo that bolt and bend the bracket a little and re bolt it back together.
or you can try installing aftermarket exhaust hangers like kartboy hardened hangers.
by the way I got your phone call message and havent been able to get back to you.
if you stop by the shop i'll give your your covers. and if you want I can listen to your car and confirm what the problem is
chris
Hey what's up Chris, yeah it was kinda of a thumping kinda sound, but it's all better now:

Thanks to SpeedElement I got the problems fixed!
The dp doesn't hit the crossmembers no more, put in a longer exhaust hanger.

As far as the loud chopper sound (fluttering noise) was due the 02 bung sensor coming loose and came off and put a bolt in to fix the issue. That was causing the loud chopper noise. Now it's normal boxer deep tone. I love it!

Now when I go over speed bumps I don't hear anymore knocking or rubbing whatsoever with the catted dp. Thanks again for everyone's input and trying to help me out. Also big THANKS TO SPEEDELEMENT!

Hey Chris I'll try to come by the shop when you're working, shoot me a pm or give me a text when your available.

Last edited by 05_WRex; 11-26-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Evo X, 04 STI, 335i, Fit
Originally Posted by 05_WRex
Hey what's up Chris, yeah it was kinda of a thumping kinda sound, but it's all better now:

Thanks to SpeedElement I got the problems fixed!
The dp doesn't hit the crossmembers no more, put in a longer exhaust hanger.

As far as the loud chopper sound (fluttering noise) was due the 02 bung sensor coming loose and came off and put a bolt in to fix the issue. That was causing the loud chopper noise. Now it's normal boxer deep tone. I love it!

Now when I go over speed bumps I don't hear anymore knocking or rubbing whatsoever with the catted dp. Thanks again for everyone's input and trying to help me out. Also big THANKS TO SPEEDELEMENT!

Hey Chris I'll try to come by the shop when you're working, shoot me a pm or give me a text when your available.
Thanks Robert Good to hear its working for you now. Let us know if you need anything else.

-Rob