Weird cop activity on 101

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 02:02 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Heavy Dan
i would have hit the brakes... "sorry, you startled me"... haha
actually I almost ran into him. I was in my old truck and it was full of people. The dome light was on and he was in my blind spot hitting the bed of my truck.

I heard the noise..then someone else did. and we all went...what the hell is that. I looked to my left to see what was banging on the side of my truck..figured it was a loose tie down or something.....and I look strait into the face of a motocycle cop....as he tapped on my window. Scared the **** out of me. I nearly slammed into him.

He just pointed at my dome light. I turned it off. And he road away. Freakin weird. I never like when people turn my dome light on now..still. And this was like....sheesh..in 98 maybe.

I could have killed that guy. Scared me and pissed me off.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Originally Posted by pleiad7
What are you, a chameleon?

Horse
Old 11-30-2004, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by atreger
hmmm, I've never had any bit of lenientcy, THEY HATE ME. Everytime they have thought about pulling me over, they do. I haven't once gotten away with a warning, ticket everytime. I think I have 11 so far, and I am 20.
Sounds like you got a DWW (driving while white)? Many cities have to note the demographics of those cited, and may be influenced to make cops appear fair. If you live in a town where most of the population is black, for instance, good luck getting out of a ticket if you are white. They need all the white traffic stops they can get.

Sounds racist, huh. This world is crazy.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:25 PM

Car Info: GDA
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Once I had a police bike officer hit the bed of my truck with his night stick.
you know what i would've done if he was hitting my truck/car hard? no joke...i would actually follow him, signal him to pull over, and get his badge #, and file a complaint; if there's property damage, that's even better b/c i would sue the department.

i've never gotten a break from a cop and i certainly won't give them one either. sure, a dome light is distracting, but that's no reason to go hitting people's cars with your night stick.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:52 PM

Car Info: sonic yellow 03 WRX sedan
hmmm, I've never had any bit of lenientcy, THEY HATE ME. Everytime they have thought about pulling me over, they do. I haven't once gotten away with a warning, ticket everytime. I think I have 11 so far, and I am 20.
I have a feeling that after the cop pulled you over, he checked his computer and saw your ticket history, and then decided "damn, what the heck". Well, unless you've gotten out a good majority of those 11 tickets. It's probably a good idea to lay low for a bit.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:20 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
Originally Posted by mmboost

Also, get one of the smaller wideangle mirrors (that clip over your rearview) from any rice shop. No blind spots. At least 4 or 5 times I've caught that ***** on Sunset Blvd in San Francisco pacing me in my blind spot... little did he know.

jason

which one do u have? im thikning about getting one for myself and for friends for christmas, its a great gift im sure. do u have any suggestion or are all of them about the same? im going to go to that car place in japantown to see if they have nice ones.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:17 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
...I haven't once gotten away with a warning, ticket everytime. I think I have 11 so far, and I am 20.
Man slow down and drive more carefully - 11 tickets? OUCH! Are these all moving violations? Did you get the bulk of them during a single incident/accident?

If I had 3 tickets I would seriously slow down, 11??? I can't even imagine that.

Does your car stand out?
Do you flip off cops?
Do you have a bumper sticker that stays "Pigs Suck" or "Vote Anarchy"?

You really need to lie low
Old 11-30-2004, 06:35 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX, Aspen White, Stage 1 Cobb
Originally Posted by doughboy
, a dome light is distracting.
and illegal.... i believe