Are we too old for our subies????

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 07:03 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX STI Limited Edition
I'm down for that. It would be nice to meet some of the "older" (in age only) crowd.
:-)

Originally Posted by GilTsuby
We should have 21 and over meets...we meet a different bars!!! But we need to make sure we bring a designated driver...and EVO or VW owner :banana:
Old 03-16-2007, 07:18 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by kellymabbott
I'm a 32 year old HS teacher and NO WAY am I too old to be driving an STi. Of course, it doesn't help that most people think I'm 24-25. Anyway, age is all in the mind. I act younger at heart that most of my friends in their 20s and I pass all of them on the freeway too. :-) I absolutely love my new Limited Edition STI all my students are jealous of it. If only I made more money to do some mods on it.

TGIF,
Kelly :-)
haha where were you when i was in HS? Do your students know whats up, or think your the coolest?
Old 03-16-2007, 08:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
^^^i think he forgot his sarcasm point~

You could get a cheap FD though...those are all over i bet!
No, surprisingly they are either over priced and ragged out or cheap and ragged out. Engine rebuilds cost way too much in the land o' the rising sun.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
I'm a 32 year old HS teacher and NO WAY am I too old to be driving an STi. Of course, it doesn't help that most people think I'm 24-25. Anyway, age is all in the mind. I act younger at heart that most of my friends in their 20s and I pass all of them on the freeway too. :-) I absolutely love my new Limited Edition STI all my students are jealous of it. If only I made more money to do some mods on it.

TGIF,

why werent you my teacher. then again I would have probably not known about the car in high school. didnt like cars much then.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
I'm down for that. It would be nice to meet some of the "older" (in age only) crowd.
:-)
Woot for 32
Old 03-16-2007, 09:19 PM

Car Info: 02 PSM WLX
Dude, the 30's are the new 20's, so the car fits your generation! J/k, I am in the same boat and have had co-workers call all modified imports 'rice rockets.' Close friends and all, same thing, it is a stigma in our culture that has been generalized to a particular generation.

It is irrational for us to 'feel' inferior (or any type of personal regression) because of what we drive anyway. Just my02 cents.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:47 PM

Car Info: '04 v.2 FPGreen STi by GST Motorsports
i'm in my STi on the Embarcadero in SF with a buddy of mine. a brand new Blue Ferarri F430 pulls up beside me. the guy looks REALLY young...like late 20's...and he waves at me to roll my window down. i do and he goes, "Nice car, Man!" i said back, "Youre frackin kidding me, right...???" He goes, "...nope...that's Hot..." as he mashed out...

if i didnt have my buddy with me, I wouldnt have believed ME...!!!

Last edited by xBey; 03-16-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:56 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
wow he could easly get one lol... i would have said the same thing to him.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Pixel Master

Car Info: 2006 WRX BLACK
Wow, and all this time I thought i-clubers were all in there early 20's, late 20's at the most. I'm going to the Subabrew meet on Wednesday, I think everyone here should go!!
Old 03-18-2007, 01:50 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

shoooooot...

i guess the inevitable is upon me...

in less than a week, i'll be turning the four-oh...

for a while i went through the phase:

* trade in the STi for a volvo. no, i'm not married NOR do i have kids, but i like how the XC-70 looks.

* then i went through the STi for a LEGACY GT. i really like the in dash nav. plus it's a more "upscale" car.

* then about a month ago, i wanted to trade in the STi for a lexus IS. then a 5 series BMW... then a porsche cayenne...

in the end, everytime i look the STi i still cant imagine myself without that massive scoop and as a co-worker calls it, the shopping cart wing... lol...
Old 03-18-2007, 01:57 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Talking

TGIF,

kelly,

i dont believe it. unless you can post of a photo of yourself, no way am i gonna believe you are sometimes mistaken for a 24-25 y/o.

so we demand a photo of you standing next to your car, hopefully in a bikini or some other skimpy attire...

:evil horny smiley:

p.s. if you are a dude... please disregard... you know... kelly can be a dude's name too... LOLLLLLLLLL........
Old 03-18-2007, 05:19 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by GilTsuby
I'll be 33 this year and someone said that my car is more for a college aged student.
I asked them what I should be driving at my age and they said the youngest car would be a Nissan 350 Z.
The real question is: Did you buy your car to impress other people, or did you buy your car because you liked it and that's what you wanted to drive? If your answer is the latter then people's negative comments or your age shouldn't matter. True friends don't judge you by the car you drive.

0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 03-18-2007, 05:41 AM

i don't think age has anything to do with it. it's all "mind over matter" IF YOU DON'T MIND --IT DONT MATTER. i'm 63 and IT DON'T MATTER.!! i have an 03 'bugeye' wagon. it's stage 2 (for now) the only people that seem to mind are the yuppies in the BMWs it's bad enough the get 'whupped' by a subaru and then when they catch up they see it's driven by a "F.R.O.G." =fu#@%&* really old guy. life is good.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:21 AM

Car Info: 05 Impreza CGM
Before the WRX and STi came to the States Subi Outback was a mom and pop soccer mobile. Now the young generation is getting into the WRX and STi since they become more and more popular.

I always get jokes that I drive the teenage car. But I just laugh. At least I do not drive a Ford Taurus or Honda Odyssey minivan. (they do)

Cheers

Nick
Old 03-18-2007, 07:29 AM

Car Info: 2007 Legacy GT Spec B
I saw some 40 year old lesbian drive an 07 Sti, trust me, youre only as old as you feel. I just felt like i outgrew my WRX for my lifestyle and my needs but everyone's priorities change at different times.

Quick Reply: Are we too old for our subies????